Multiple Drones -FAA registration
11066 10 2016-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SureshR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 354 ft
United States

May sound like a stupid question, but if i end up multiple drones shoukd i be registering each one of them separately with FAA? Please advice.
2016-12-28
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

No, you the pilot/owner is the one getting certified, not the drone.
2016-12-28
Use props
The Vaping wolf
lvl.2
United States

i think you only need to register individual drones after ( if ) you get the sUAV license  
2016-12-28
Use props
RicknCovington
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186322 ft
United States

If you don't have another drone, you can go in and delete or revoke your registration.  But as already mentioned, you are registering yourself as an operator when you complete the registration.  You are not really registering your drone.  So remove your numbers from the drone before you give it away/sell it, and then the new owner will need to register himself with the FAA, and put his operator numbers on the drone.
No matter how many drones you have, that one number goes on all your drones that are big enough to require it.
2016-12-28
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

put the 1 # on them all.  
2016-12-28
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Vaping wolf Posted at 2016-12-28 12:59
i think you only need to register individual drones after ( if ) you get the sUAV license

Aloha wolf,

There is a second aspect to your comment.  The Part 107 regulations are for aerial vehicles over 5.5 lbs.  Our Phantoms are below that weight but to fly commercially, the Part 107 regulations are the best break we can get.  That is why we can get Part 107 exemptions and still fly.

So, the technicality is that only aerial vehicles over 5.5 lbs. have to be registered individually as part of Part 107.  Or something close to this (maybe 55 lbs.)!  Feel free to correct me.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, are you registering for commercial use or for hobby use?
2016-12-28
Use props
SureshR
lvl.2
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-28 21:16
Aloha wolf,

There is a second aspect to your comment.  The Part 107 regulations are for aerial vehicles over 5.5 lbs.  Our Phantoms are below that weight but to fly commercially, the Part 107 regulations are the best break we can get.  That is why we can get Part 107 exemptions and still fly.

only as a hobbist.
2017-1-3
Use props
SureshR
lvl.2
United States

Thanks everyone for their comments and responses. Really appreciate it. Have been away during holidays and did not get a chance to thank for the replies.
2017-1-3
Use props
QiiFlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2999472 ft
  • >>>
United States

Links included for source information

If flying as a hobbyist, the number is for you. If you fly as a non-hobbyist/commercial (part 107), you must register each aircraft.

All drones weighing between 0.55 lbs to 55 lbs must be registered (https://registermyuas.faa.gov/)

Part 107 (commercial/non hobbyist) drone must weigh less than 55 lbs. Part 107 is for NON HOBBYIST only (a small UAS is defined as weighing less than 55 lbs) (https://www.faa.gov/news/fact_sheets/news_story.cfm?newsId=20516)

Disclaimer: This is for US only.
2017-1-3
Use props
AnthonyNYC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 452198 ft
United States

Pretty funny because the information here is more accurate that the FAA themselves.  I called just now since I bought a new drone and had a question.  They advised to go to their website and delete my old drone serial and add the new one.  Of course could not find it so I searched in here, made sense why I did not find it on their site, because it does not exist!  Thanks for the help.

In case anyone needs it, the FAA number for our stuff is - 877-396-4636

Anthony
2018-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules