1784 20 2016-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 222244 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I got my replacement Mavic after the first was replaced by DJI because of a defective gimbal.   

I have flown it exactly 4 times since it arrived last Friday.   Three out of the four times the aircraft has lost GPS and gone into ATTI mode about two minutes into flight.  Each time the outage lasted a couple of minutes.   

Twice it was in the suburbs of Columbus, GA and today it happened again smack in the middle of downtown Atlanta.   

What is going on with these Mavics!?!?!?!   The first one with the gimbal failure was annoying.  This is totally unsafe!   The first two GPS losses were in the country and totally and unobstructed skies.  Absolutely no reason for GPS loss.   I flew a third time (at dusk no less) with absolutely no issues for over 20 minutes.  Never had a chance to fly again in Columbus because of rain.

Today in Atlanta I thought for sure I was going to crash - possible into a building.   The aircraft started to drift and pitch while flying.  Finally --  FINALLY you could see change to IN FLIGHT (No GPS) then go back to ATTI mode and do it again.  Finally it went back to GPS and it stopped drifting and pitching.   

Each time this has happened there have been full "bars" (for lack of a better term) on the display for GPS and have the "Ready to Fly (GPS)" green display.  Stayed that way for a while until the loss of GPS....

I guess I need to send it back AGAIN as defective?!?!?   Why is it doing this?
2016-12-28
Use props
Stewie Griffin
lvl.2
Canada

Can't help, but I do feel for you.  It happened to me once as well.  Had something like 16 or 17 satellites, and then in just a second of two, it lost all of them.  Went into ATTI mode, and just drifted like crazy.  I find it funny that when it looses GPS, it starts to drift like crazy because I would assume that if it keeps all the motor RPMs the same, it should pretty much stay somewhat where it was, unless of course of a strong wind.  But still, if the wind is strong which is making it work hard, it should continue to work hard like this even when losing GPS.  I was fortunate to be able to fly it back manually and then it regained GPS mode, but if you're ever close to anything when this happens, the outcome might not be good.
2016-12-28
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

What firmware is installed in your Mavic?
2016-12-28
Use props
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Watty2000 Posted at 2016-12-28 20:11
What firmware is installed in your Mavic?

Whatever the last version is...  it's not the one that came out on 12/26... so it's the one right before that.  
2016-12-28
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Were you running in sport mode before the issue, and flying fast ?

There is an electromagnetic issue with the mavic which makes the main compass read incorrectly and (since the last firmware version) switch to the secondary compass to maintain GPS lock and hold... if yours is still switching to ATTI and still displays GPS sats then i'd assume that the 2nd compass isnt reading correctly either. in the sensors menu, are the readings ok ?

Its worth opening a ticket and uploading the full logs so DJI can view them as this shouldnt really happen now.

2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansa10d16a7 Posted at 2016-12-29 09:29
Whatever the last version is...  it's not the one that came out on 12/26... so it's the one right before that.

Could you please post a screenshot of the firmware version from DJI GO?
It's in the general settings - about.
Besides, please upload the flight data to dropbox and send me the link.
Our engineers will help to review it.
You can use the same method as for the Phantom 4.
Here is a video tutorial for reference:

2016-12-28
Use props
BrandonA614
lvl.2
Flight distance : 813593 ft
United States

That's what happened to mine when it crashed. DJI replaced under warranty and I haven't had the issue with my new Mavic yet. I did switch to DJI GO 4 if it helps. Good luck!!
2016-12-28
Use props
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

BrandonA614 Posted at 2016-12-29 10:18
That's what happened to mine when it crashed. DJI replaced under warranty and I haven't had the issue with my new Mavic yet. I did switch to DJI GO 4 if it helps. Good luck!!

Always have been running DJI Go 4 and it is the latest version.
2016-12-28
Use props
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Danny-B- Posted at 2016-12-29 09:48
Were you running in sport mode before the issue, and flying fast ?

There is an electromagnetic issue with the mavic which makes the main compass read incorrectly and (since the last firmware version) switch to the secondary compass to maintain GPS lock and hold... if yours is still switching to ATTI and still displays GPS sats then i'd assume that the 2nd compass isnt reading correctly either. in the sensors menu, are the readings ok ?

Hi... I've never run in sport mode.   I've had P3Pro for along time prior to this and I've been getting use to the flight characteristics of the Mavic before I get too crazy.

I see that someone from DJI has already asked for my logs.   I'm going to try to get that posted tonight.

I don't recall seeing any compass warnings when the GPS failed.
2016-12-28
Use props
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-29 10:05
Could you please post a screenshot of the firmware version from DJI GO?
It's in the general settings - about.
Besides, please upload the flight data to dropbox and send me the link.

Hi mindy....

Can't get you the screenshot this moment but here are the flight logs you asked for...

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgNCUAzSIZuUgu1bY7Myu7E1fjWoRQ
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa10d16a7 Posted at 2016-12-29 12:32
Hi mindy....

Can't get you the screenshot this moment but here are the flight logs you asked for...

Sorry I cannot access to this link.
Could you please upload the flight data to wetransfer or dropbox?
2016-12-28
Use props
MΔRK!!!
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue Atti mode is a suicide mission. Had it happen twice today I wonder if a firmware update would fix it.
2016-12-28
Use props
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-28 22:20
Sorry I cannot access to this link.
Could you please upload the flight data to wetransfer or dropbox?

Here it is on Dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxxk62 ... 8_21-54-34.DAT?dl=0

Thank you
2016-12-29
Use props
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fansa10d16a7 Posted at 2016-12-29 05:20
Here it is on Dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxxk6249ujcyzuj/DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2016-12-28_21-54-34.DAT?dl=0

DJI Mindy did this new link work for you?
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa10d16a7 Posted at 2016-12-30 00:36
DJI Mindy did this new link work for you?

Thank you.
If I get any update, I'll let you know.
2016-12-30
Use props
Incredible Aeri
lvl.2

United States

What operating system were you using?
2016-12-30
Use props
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-30 03:58
Thank you.
If I get any update, I'll let you know.

Mindy

Any feedback yet?  I've got to make a decision to either keep this and fix it (yet again) or just get a refund and call it a day.   I'd really like to have the analysis from the factory first.   Thank you
2017-1-1
Use props
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Incredible Aeri Posted at 2016-12-30 05:12
What operating system were you using?

Using iOS10.2.1
2017-1-1
Use props
fansb6ed3466
New
Flight distance : 49944 ft
United States

I visited Spain during the holidays. I flew about 9 times there and took some beautiful pictures. But 3 of them after taking off, GPS changed to ATTI mode automatically. I never used this mode before, the drone started to drift away. I was so scared it would hit something, fortunately I managed to fly it back home. Another time, it was on the beach. I had 30% battery, and it started automatic landing into sea! I had to jump into water to save it. I will upload the files here. I used healthydrones.com to analyze the flight record. Can someone tell me what went wrong? All these 3 times, I had good GPS signals before flight, all status are good. I do not remember there is a switch change from GPS mode to ATTI mode. Just want to learn something to avoid similar mistakes. Thanks.
2017-1-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansa10d16a7 Posted at 2017-1-1 08:51
Mindy

Any feedback yet?  I've got to make a decision to either keep this and fix it (yet again) or just get a refund and call it a day.   I'd really like to have the analysis from the factory first.   Thank you

Hello, I still didn't get an update yet.
Once I get any update, I'll let you know.
Thank you for your patience.
2017-1-3
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

SHOULD HE GROUND OUR MAVICS UNTIL THE CAUSE OR FIX IS KNOWN ?   THIS IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS LOOSING LOCK AND ATTI MODE DOES NOT RESPONDS WELL AFTERWARDS !!
2017-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules