Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
PgyTech ND filter can't pass gimbal initializing
7169 50 2016-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Definitely a different calibration action than some others that pass the self test.
Your FW version?
2017-1-17
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2017-1-6 20:44
But thats not as advertised.
The PGY are designed to be left on.

They init like this video for me. Put them on with gimbal lock attached. Haven't had an issue with init so far. On the older 29 firmware

I calibrate the gimbal after new install. The filters came in a nice metal box, really can't complain. The glass is flat with cpl looking a little different, sunk into the body, guess to id quick.

The uv isn't needed really, rather fly with the clear bubble if you need some bug protection. They'll get sucked up into the body without. The cpl is kind of a pain because you have to adjust it while off, look through it and see what you want. Then twist it on with a margin of error.

I think you'd have to do this with taco and polar also. I don't want to touch the gimbal while on. The cpl is going to be one you'll probably mark on the outside frame and place a base mark on the gimbal. Match up marks depending on what you need.

I'm happy with them so far. Haven't been able to do a compare at different shutter speeds using litchi yet. Might have to do that next week. But have the nd4-nd32 and cpl here, all work fine and was cheap as can be. Think the polars are over like double and half the price but they maybe better quality?

I'll get some compare video up after the rains are done. Supposed to rain all week.
2017-1-17
Use props
Mikonou
lvl.1

Philippines

I purchased a 5 kit set from pgy >< I guess I will just have to take a file and shave off each filter then....
2017-1-17
Use props
Mr. Hayato
lvl.4
Flight distance : 781299 ft
Hong Kong

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-1-17 16:03
Definitely a different calibration action than some others that pass the self test.
Your FW version?

Just check my video. It is same action without PGY filter. The thick problem of PGY make the gimbal check different.
2017-1-17
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Mine Initialized and i was able to calibrate the gimbal with these filters no problem.... Work great.
2017-1-17
Use props
creep
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6072713 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-1-17 16:03
Your FW version?

I have another video may be help you

2017-1-17
Use props
fans38201e1a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161811 ft
Australia

The PGY filters work perfectly on my Mavic. No issue at all. It can successfully pass the Initialisation/Calibration
2017-5-14
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.3
Israel

Sorry to hear all the people with the PGY filters. I ordered the Taco-RC filters because it lets the gimbal initialise. All the people with PGY filters, try to push to filter all the way in...
2017-5-15
Use props
fansc2962bbc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29452 ft
Norway

I have been using the PGY 5 filter set for 2 months without any callibration problems.
2017-5-15
Use props
Skold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 239170 ft
United States

Has PGY changed their design since January like other mfgs have to ensure successful gimbal calibration?
2017-5-15
Use props
SPeedyG
lvl.1
United States

RE: PGYTech filters
=====================
Just got the 4 pieces ND filter kit today (4,8,16,32) and I can tell you that the PGYTech filters don't seem to have any issues with the Gimbal initialization.
I had tested all the 4 of them as one user in another thread complained about one filter out of the series that didn't pass.
It is very easy to put it on the Mavic lens (it has some foam glued to the inner ring of the filter.)

So for those having the issue, I can only guess that  it is either an older version with different geometry, or simply a user error - i.e filters were not installed correctly.
BTW, The ND16 also seems darker than the "no brand" I currently use.
That's also the reason i got a set with a 32, for the SOCAL sunny days, as the ND16 I had till now was not dark enough, probably only as dark as the PGYTech ND8.

Anyway, I will put it to test in the coming days and see whats the Video output with these filters.
2017-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules