Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

I dont know..... but if it is, Then I guess ill be buying a Mavic
2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

It's recommended to buy aircraft from DJI or our authorized dealers, hope this link helps: http://www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2016-12-28
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha CHEOLK,  Alibaba is a known scammer.  Stay away.  A deal too good to be true is usually false.  Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-29
Use props
CHEOLK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5299 ft
Singapore

Natalie,  I like to buy from dji but when it comes to repairs or service, I have no where and no one to turn to.  There is no service center in Singapore.  I can only repair by sending it to China.  So troublesome and expensive.  If that Ali baba deal is true why not buy.  I believe. They may be oem version or have some cloned parts. Anyway,  it can be considered.  Nothing wrong in buying.  I bought all my Chinese phones from Tingdeals and gearbest.  They are really cheap and as good as reputable brands.  Can consider but first Must get more information from the sellers.  Most of them are genuine sellers.  Even Western countries have crooks and murderers.
2016-12-29
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

CHEOLK Posted at 2016-12-29 01:07
Natalie,  I like to buy from dji but when it comes to repairs or service, I have no where and no one to turn to.  There is no service center in Singapore.  I can only repair by sending it to China.  So troublesome and expensive.  If that Ali baba deal is true why not buy.  I believe. They may be oem version or have some cloned parts. Anyway,  it can be considered.  Nothing wrong in buying.  I bought all my Chinese phones from Tingdeals and gearbest.  They are really cheap and as good as reputable brands.  Can consider but first Must get more information from the sellers.  Most of them are genuine sellers.  Even Western countries have crooks and murderers.

I would listen to Cetacean on this one.

I was honestly being sarcastic with my response earlier.... there is no way you're going to get a legit Mavic for that price... Considering I have been watching them sell on Ebay for upwards of 2500.00  It just isn't going to happen.

It is certainly you're choice to do what you like,, But I hate to see somone spend 500.00 to get ripped off. Its better  to just spend the 999.00 and wait patiently for delivery.. Even if the hardware were a perfect clone and I can promise that the Camera would not be...
The warranty and the OEM software (not to mention compatibility with other DJI products and batteries)  would be enough to make the differance...
2016-12-29
Use props
shawn_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256791 ft
United States

Interested if somebody buys this and lets us know.
DJI didn't say it was a fake, just that they recommended you buy from their sellers. I don't have a whole lot of faith in manufacturing processes in the far east as far as proprietary property goes, I would bet somebody building for DJI took the engineering plans and just made copies, or are selling straight from the back of a truck that left the same factory.
And with a lack of after purchase support on many models, not like buying from DJI gets you a whole lot anyways. If you have zero problems, maybe, but have problems and good luck getting answers or real support, ie M600. Drop 10k on a set up and run into problem after problem with no real seller support, many people would consider that a scammer.
2016-12-29
Use props
Microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

100% fraud
2016-12-29
Use props
CHEOLK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5299 ft
Singapore

Even ebay has conmen.  Wait and see.  I have contacted the seller.  I may go there to buy. See,  test and buy.  Will let you know. Obviously, not now as there is no stock.  I thinkiI will go there in late February or early March.
2016-12-30
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

CHEOLK Posted at 2016-12-30 11:43
Even ebay has conmen.  Wait and see.  I have contacted the seller.  I may go there to buy. See,  test and buy.  Will let you know. Obviously, not now as there is no stock.  I thinkiI will go there in late February or early March.

It might just be a knock off, a clone. If so I wouldn't pay $500. Would be hard to tell just by looking at it.
2016-12-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It is none of those things, Alibaba is an Asian site that promotes Asian manufacturers. As such it does not carry out scrupulous checks on the companies it promotes, that's all. It tries to intercept any query on Google for a product and match it to an Asian supplier.
2016-12-30
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-30 15:24
It is none of those things, Alibaba is an Asian site that promotes Asian manufacturers. As such it does not carry out scrupulous checks on the companies it promotes, that's all. It tries to intercept any query on Google for a product and match it to an Asian supplier.

But it can't be real at half the price, one would think. For a new product?
2016-12-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

CHEOLK Posted at 2016-12-30 11:43

"Obviously, not now as there is no stock"

There's no point getting excited or arguing about it when they have none for sale.
If they have no stock then wait until they do to see what the real price is.
2016-12-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

WilliamM Posted at 2016-12-30 19:27
But it can't be real at half the price, one would think. For a new product?

Yeah, it is bait to find out who is interested, note that it is advertising 'pre-order' only, they do not have any stock. As I am registered with Alibaba, even if I search for 'turds', Alibaba offer to get me the best price on them. Maybe I should get a shipment.....
2016-12-30
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just ordered 1000 pieces.
2017-1-10
Use props
CHEOLK
lvl.3