Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Updated to new firmware - Now get "Battery Signal Error"
3831 24 2016-12-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kk6ou
Flight distance : 62 ft
United States

I just updated my RC firmware and the firmware on the Phantom 4 today.  After the update all my batteries (3) give me a "Battery Signal Error".  All the batteries were shipped with the Phantom in June of this year, they are OEM.  I spent an hour on chat with DJI and they were no help at all.  I told them if I downgraded my firmware on the Phantom the battery error went away but I constantly get a Update Firmware msg.  The guy went away for an hour and then when he came back I wasn't around so he disconnected with a message that they wouldn't create a ticket because downgrading the firmware got rid of the error.   REALLY?   So I can't update the firmware?   I thought DJI customer support had gotten better.  Obiviously not.   If anyone comes up with a fix for this I sure would appreciate some help.

Thanks

2016-12-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about you're experiencing difficulties, would you please help us confirm the batteries' SN?
You can keep the current firmware recently since it's working fine after you downgraded it, and I've transferred this case to our engineers already, will let you know for any further information.
Thanks again for your support!
2016-12-28
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha kk,

Natalia is very good at helping solve problems so do what she said first; then consider my suggestions.

Since June there have been many updates and upgrades for the P4 (at least 4).  I have one to.  In that bunch, a couple of them at least, were for battery FW updates.  Download this short .pdf from the P4 downloads page and look back all the way to May.  The May FW may be the one on your P4 when you bought it in June.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... tes_en_20161108.pdf

Read the information and see if it helps.  Also on the same Downloads page look at the Assistant 2 software so you can see the FW options for rolling back the FW and then follow the instructions for updating the battery firmware when needed.  It may take a while, but it will get you back in the air!

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-29
Use props
kk6ou
Flight distance : 62 ft
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2016-12-29 01:01
Aloha kk,

Natalia is very good at helping solve problems so do what she said first; then consider my suggestions.

Thanks for all the advice.  I will go over it.   Here are my battery SNs

Battery 1 SN is 082AD4J0310WGA
Battery 2 SN is 082AD4J0310XQ3
Battery 3 SN is 082AD4J0310KCZ

BTW:  I rolled back to the previous version of firmware on the batteries and I don't get the error.  However I still get the constant reminder in the App that I need to update the firmware.
2016-12-29
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

kk6ou Posted at 2016-12-29 10:47
Thanks for all the advice.  I will go over it.   Here are my battery SNs

Battery 1 SN is 082AD4J0310WGA

Aloha kk,

The current understanding is that the batteries are not able to roll-back firmware, so the lack of an error report is probably due to your RC and aircraft having an earlier firmware.  Sorry, you still get the "update" notice!

Anyway, go into the "General Settings" page of the "Flight page" and scroll down to the bottom and open "About".  Then report those firmware and app versions to your next post in your thread.  Also ask Natalia for her recommendation on which app and firmware to update next, and to which version, so you can check the battery need for firmware update.  (You will have to repeat the firmware update process for each battery you have.)  

Sometimes you can skip firmware versions and sometimes skipping versions causes problems.  If you have the time, just climb the ladder up the firmware versions step by step.  But, you will have to read the information for each update to see if the batteries need the firmware update to.  Maybe Natalia can provide some more information.

To get Natalia's attention for your post, click on the "Reply" option at the bottom right of her post box.  It is next to options for Upvote, Downvote and Report.  If you do not use that reply method, she will not be able to help you.

The first thing though is post your current firmware and app versions from "About" in your post to her.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-12-30
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 177720 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same problem ,updated to the latest firmware on the p4 ,602 on the a/c ,1.8.0 on the r/c ,the battery that was in the p4 whilst updating is now showing battery signal error ,the second battery updated fine in the drone and is working OK ,I can not get dji assist to connect to my p4 on my windows pc ,how can I roll back the firmware, both batteries were working fine before the update
Cheers
Chris
2016-12-31
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

freelanderuk Posted at 2016-12-31 05:32
I have the same problem ,updated to the latest firmware on the p4 ,602 on the a/c ,1.8.0 on the r/c ,the battery that was in the p4 whilst updating is now showing battery signal error ,the second battery updated fine in the drone and is working OK ,I can not get dji assist to connect to my p4 on my windows pc ,how can I roll back the firmware, both batteries were working fine before the update
Cheers
Chris

If you wish you can roll back firmware on P4 via DJI Go App'. Although I always use Assistant 2.
Connect and power up device, RC and aircraft.

On the front page in DJI Go (I'm using DJI Go 4, but DJI Go 3.1.1 is same idea).

Hold your finger on the icon at top right of page (three lines) for five seconds or so. Then remove finger.

You should get a black screen appearing with a menu asking you to 'select firmware version', tap on that and you should be given a choice of which version to move back too. The previous to 01.02.0602 was 01.02.0503. Select that and then hit download. When rollback completed repower all devices. And that should be it, whether is will help with battery report I do not know.

p.s.   make sure you have a good wifi connection.
2016-12-31
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi
I only get the option to roll back to 1.60 or 1,5,8 nothing else ,the about page on the app is not showing any firmware version for the drone anymore only the r/c 1.8

The p4 will not connect to the assist program
Cheers
2016-12-31
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

freelanderuk Posted at 2016-12-31 06:03
Hi
I only get the option to roll back to 1.60 or 1,5,8 nothing else ,the about page on the app is not showing any firmware version for the drone anymore only the r/c 1.8

You will see that Option if only the display device and RC are connected and powered up. Make sure aircraft is powered up and can be seen by DJI Go, then the firmware options will change from RC firmware (1.6, 1.5.8) to the aircraft firmware. The current aircraft firmware should show as 01.02.0602, tap on that and you should get a list of previous versions to chose from.
2016-12-31
Use props
dmarnel60
lvl.1
United States

I am having the exact same issue. I just updated the aircraft firmware to 01.02.0602 and now I am seeing a Battery Error on the DJI GO 4 app screen. If I downgrade to 01.02.0503 the error goes away.
2016-12-31
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I had to unplug the usb from the controller and plug it into the p4 for it to show the firmwares, it's now at 51% download and will it then roll back the latest update
2016-12-31
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It's now at 99% upgrade  and seams to be stuck ,I will leave a while before rebooting the app and p4

All back to 01.02.0503 ,it did an update to the battery that was showing the error and both batteries are now working
2016-12-31
Use props
BrucefromGwada
New
Guadeloupe

Aardvark Posted at 2016-12-31 05:44
If you wish you can roll back firmware on P4 via DJI Go App'. Although I always use Assistant 2.
Connect and power up device, RC and aircraft.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to confirm that the method proposed by Aardvark works. At least it did for me. It might be safe to say that there is definitely something wrong with the latest firmware.

Cheers
2017-1-5
Use props
dmarnel60
lvl.1
United States

I just received a replacement battery for the one I mentioned above that was giving a bad signal error, and the new battery works fine with firmware 01.02.0602. So I popped in the bad battery just to confirm it was the bad one and lo and behold it is now working with the latest firmware. I don't get it.
2017-1-15
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

How did you get the replacement battery ,was this from dji ,if so how did you go about getting it changed, I have tried 3 time installing the new firmware and still get the battery errors
Thanks
2017-1-15
Use props
dmarnel60
lvl.1
United States

freelanderuk Posted at 2017-1-15 07:08
How did you get the replacement battery ,was this from dji ,if so how did you go about getting it changed, I have tried 3 time installing the new firmware and still get the battery errors
Thanks

It wasn't purchased from DJI.
2017-1-16
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks for reply,  did you ever get any feed back on the problem from DJI
2017-1-16
Use props
dmarnel60
lvl.1
United States

freelanderuk Posted at 2017-1-16 04:11
Thanks for reply,  did you ever get any feed back on the problem from DJI

Haven't heard anything from DJI.

The battery is from Camrise on Amazon, and I must say their customer service is excellent. They shipped me the new battery with prepaid return packaging for the bad one.
2017-1-17
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks for reply ,

There doesn't seam to be any many comments at all from DJI about this problem,and yet quite a few people seam to be suffering from the same symptoms,  hopefully it will correct it's self with the next update, fingers crossed
2017-1-17
Use props
dlw5294
lvl.1
United States

Were you able to return to the older firmware? I'm having video problems after my update, any help would be greatly appreciated.
2017-1-17
Use props
Erised
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4002241 ft
Canada

I had the same nasty video and battery messages. Role back to 503 with the assistant worked well. Rolling back RC to 1.6 was strange. after the AC was done I had the option in GO to downgrade to 1.6. Started the downgrade and it took a long time it also was stuck at 99% so I rebooted GO and the RC. All rebooted as usual, Info came up I was now at 1.5.8 on the RC and downgrade to 1.6 wanted confirmation, I hit downgrade and it downloaded and installed, it took about 30 minutes. I think it had to go back to 1.5.8 before being able to go to 1.6. I now have my bird back and flying like a charm with good video and no more lag, and maps that follow.  DJI you make dam good quads, but you need a bit more grey matter in your firmware development. I know of no one needing all that share and editing software, please just give us the firmware we need (I know you can do it you all ready have) and leave the editing stuff as a add on option. Thanks for the thrill of flying a camera.<<< It may show me as a beginer but I have logged about 3,000,000 feet with my P4
2017-1-17
Use props
freelanderuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Once I downgraded to the .503 firmware my battery  errors no longer showed and I was able to use the battery again
2017-1-17
Use props
Maleo_Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 437595 ft
Indonesia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-12-28 22:48
Sorry to hear about you're experiencing difficulties, would you please help us confirm the batteries' SN?
You can keep the current firmware recently since it's working fine after you downgraded it, and I've transferred this case to our engineers already, will let you know for any further information.
Thanks again for your support!

Battery SN 082AD7F0310J5V
Firmware Version 1.02.0602
RC Firmware 1.0.8
DJI GO 4 Version 4.1.3
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Maleo_Drone Posted at 2017-2-27 10:51
Battery SN 082AD7F0310J5V
Firmware Version 1.02.0602
RC Firmware 1.0.8

Please feel free to send an e-mail to support@dji.com, our support will help you take care of the case.
Sorry for the trouble caused.
2017-2-28
Use props
Ryan2016
New
Belize

Greetings,
My Firmware Version 1.02.0602
RC Firmware N/A
DJI GO  Version 3.11

Why is my RC reporting Firmware N/A
I hope there is  a way to resolve this?