Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Khonlao
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87385 ft
France

Hello all,

I noticed a slow speed after apply the latest firmware
The bird flies up to 30 km/h max...am I the only one ?

2016-12-29
Use props
CrazyHorse019
lvl.2
Flight distance : 348540 ft
United Kingdom

check that you have enabled multi-flight modes in the settings - after firmware upgrade it disables it again by default.
2016-12-29
Use props
Khonlao
lvl.3
France

CrazyHorse019 Posted at 2016-12-29 01:31
check that you have enabled multi-flight modes in the settings - after firmware upgrade it disables it again by default.

Thank you, will try this afternoon.
2016-12-29
Use props
Wes1977
lvl.2
Flight distance : 363862 ft
United States

also I noticed my distance was back to the default and I couldn't go fast until I opened it up more.
2016-12-29
Use props
Khonlao
lvl.3
France

You were right Crazy Horse : full speed back after multi-flight mode enabled !
2016-12-29
Use props
Khonlao
lvl.3
France

Well a new speed test today : can't explain why in the same zone the speed is limited.
Like shown in the picture I can go till 60 km/h in the zone 1 (green) but when moving to zone 2 (blue) the speed is limited to 30 km/h
No settings changed.
For both zone the RC displays that the Mavic can't fly because of the noflyzone detected and start to land ==> I cancel the landing and keep on flying.
The map is from French site : https://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/
NoFlyZone.png
2016-12-30
Use props
tivoboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9984 ft
United States

What I can't really understand is why the speed forwards is so slow, but the reverse speed is as fast as ever.. as well as the YAW speeds. Where is that RESET?
2016-12-30
Use props
tivoboy
lvl.2
United States

So, I tried making sure that allow flight modes was on, and beginner was off.  I can turn ON sport, and that seems quite fast - haven't measured it totally though, but shouldn't regular non beginner mode be pretty fast, like 25mph fast?
2017-1-1
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

There's a limit to the speed at which the forward Obstacle Avoidance will work, so I believe they limit the forward speed to give allowance for that. No rearward OA on the Mavic, so there's no need to limit backward speed. Have you tried disabling forward OA and seeing if the max speed increases to match sport mode?

As to why this may have changed with the firmware... I can't really say. I never really tried flying very quickly with the first few firmwares. Has it changed drastically, or just a little? Perhaps they lowered it slightly to be a little more conservative with the OA limitations.
2017-1-2
Use props
Mooney
lvl.3

United States

Seems like it's been lowered, I'm not seeing same speeds as before even in sport mode.
2017-1-2
Use props
Khonlao
lvl.3
France

A new try today : Speed up to 60 km/h again and I think I understand what to do now
Please try this :
- check if multi-flight mode is enabled.
- Before booting the Mavic, ensure from the RC that the button is back to P mode
- Change mode to Sport
- Enjoy the max speed

Hope it will help!

2017-1-2
Use props
Jusba31
lvl.2
Flight distance : 248169 ft
Finland

Khonlao Posted at 2017-1-2 08:44
A new try today : Speed up to 60 km/h again and I think I understand what to do now
Please try this :
- check if multi-flight mode is enabled.

So P-mode is max 30km/h and Sport-mode is about 60km/h?
2017-1-2
Use props
Khonlao
lvl.3
France

Well for me I can tell P mode is half S mode.
2 days ago : Max speed with downwind in S mode --> 64km/h
2017-1-2
Use props
tivoboy
lvl.2
United States

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-1-2 06:32
There's a limit to the speed at which the forward Obstacle Avoidance will work, so I believe they limit the forward speed to give allowance for that. No rearward OA on the Mavic, so there's no need to limit backward speed. Have you tried disabling forward OA and seeing if the max speed increases to match sport mode?

As to why this may have changed with the firmware... I can't really say. I never really tried flying very quickly with the first few firmwares. Has it changed drastically, or just a little? Perhaps they lowered it slightly to be a little more conservative with the OA limitations.

That'a a good point re: forward OA.  it surely is setup and the speed could have been reduced a bit in the latest firmware or defaulted to a lower value.  Ill try and turn off the OA stuff to check.  I guess OA is off in SPORT regardless, so that is why SPORT is clearly faster as a setting change.  
2017-1-3
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

Khonlao Posted at 2016-12-30 10:18
Well a new speed test today : can't explain why in the same zone the speed is limited.
Like shown in the picture I can go till 60 km/h in the zone 1 (green) but when moving to zone 2 (blue) the speed is limited to 30 km/h
No settings changed.

Hi Khonlao, How did you retrieve the No fly zone map on that portal (geoportail.gouv.fr) I can't see there the option for switch to Flying zones layer) more details or direct link PLZ?
Thanks.
2017-1-3
Use props
Khonlao
lvl.3
France

Hello Willik
Try this link : https://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/donnees/restrictions-pour-drones-de-loisir
2017-1-3
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

Khonlao Posted at 2017-1-3 22:34
Hello Willik
Try this link : https://www.geoportail.gouv.fr/donnees/restrictions-pour-drones-de-loisir

Hi, thanks,
I have updated the link on my Summarization thread. here.

Regards.
2017-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules