Compass Error / Redundancy Switch Annoyance
1340 4 2016-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

Am I the only one experiencing this error message coming up every so often? Compass error, switching to redundant compass, or something like that. It happens within 2-3 minutes after takeoff in both GPS mode and sports mode. I've only had the Mavic Pro for around 2 days now. Flew at least four flights so far at two different locations. One that's very wifi congested and the other a large open field, mostly parkland with no trees. I never used to get this with the Phantom 4. There's a red bar at the top with compass error - move away from aircraft or calibrate compass which I've done many times both before and after each flight. It's more of an annoyance than anything else as it doesn't affect the flight at all. Just odd to see it switching from green GPS mode to that message constantly.

Was going to capture a screenshot of the error message but it's a tad bit difficult to hold the home button and the power button on the mobile while it's in the device holder.

Pretty sure it may be an firmware issue that needs sorting out with a new firmware, as it happens a little too much to be seen as normal.

2016-12-29
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I've read a reply from DJI Mindy on another related thread that it's an error message that should be ignored when it does come up. It seems that the Mavic Pro reacts to electromagnetic interference greatly and is more sensitive to it than it's much larger brothers.
2016-12-29
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I think what I'll do is do another another flight in a interference-free area, and have the Mavic fly in a straight line. Compass calibration first of course. Wait for any compass errors to come up, and then go ahead and contact DJI Support about it, send them the flight log to take a look at. Maybe my first compass needs replacing. I'm not sure. But again, I think it's a firmware issue. Will report back soon.
2016-12-29
Use props
Olho
lvl.1
Spain

Hi Enikeixpress,

I'm having the same problem here. Any luck with yours? Did you fix it somehow?
At first I had a message of Strong Electromagnetic Interference at Sticks regardless of the zone/area I flew the Mavic on - always, away from any electromagnetic source anyway. The Mavic would wobble and lose control so it was very dangerous. I fixed that problem (so far) calibrating the controller (checked it online) but now I'm getting a Compass redundancy warning, just like you.

Anybody else with this problem? Is DJI aware? I'm a beginner but it doesn't sound like a normal behavior, especially when following all instructions and DJI advice.

Thanks!

2017-1-9
Use props
DaveyG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298094 ft
United States

I was having the same issues. It went away with the latest firmware 12/26 upgrade.  If you are on the lastest firmware, try reinstalling
2017-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules