Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Additional apps on Phantom 4 Pro +
8881 22 2016-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansee00f5cc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 221414 ft
Australia

Has anyone managed to download and run additional apps such as Litchi and FPV Camera on to the Phantom 4 Pro + built in tablet? Is this possible?
2016-12-29
Use props
Ethanflux
lvl.2
Flight distance : 450190 ft
  • >>>
United States

I tried, but did not have any luck doing so.   We really need this capability.
2016-12-29
Use props
XoR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94738 ft
Romania

I downloaded apk's via web browser but the problem is that DJI locked storage space and can't install...maybe root will do it but not sure if will not broken other things.
Also tried to uninstall weiboo (it's for China not other regions) but no luck...

I think DJI should open the storage and let other apps to run (maybe certify certain apps, like a store or something) as I'm sure they know about Litchi and other useful 3rd party apps.
2016-12-29
Use props
musiseb
lvl.1

United States

How did you guys got your drone to work, my dji go app keeps crashing on the brand new P4P+.
2016-12-29
Use props
XoR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94738 ft
Romania

I did not have any issue out of the box but first I did all updates and no calibration (all were green already and did not asked for calibration). I have P4P+
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, it's not available to install third party app to the built- in screen.
2016-12-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

musiseb Posted at 2016-12-29 20:05
How did you guys got your drone to work, my dji go app keeps crashing on the brand new P4P+.

Hello, could you please connect the controller to computer and find the below folder?
DJI / dji.pilot.pad
2016-12-30
Use props
musiseb
lvl.1

United States

Hi Mindy, I posted the file here already. http://forum.dji.com/thread-78051-1-1.html
2016-12-30
Use props
musiseb
lvl.1

United States

My is running the latest software already, both the rc and the p4p+. The only way for me to start the go app is when the rc is connected to the pc.
2016-12-30
Use props
fans84683ee1
New
Australia

XoR Posted at 2016-12-30 00:49
I did not have any issue out of the box but first I did all updates and no calibration (all were green already and did not asked for calibration). I have P4P+

yes, i didnt do a calibration until after a few flights..i didnt know i needed to and nothing in start up instructions or did i miss it??
2017-3-21
Use props
fans84683ee1
New
Australia

i tried installing a 'live' video app and can't. I need to post a LIVE video stream to a facebook group NOT personal page.
2017-3-21
Use props
SM-17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179288 ft
Malta

DJI is treating us P4P+ owners as second class citizens. (no pun intended)
2017-3-21
Use props
HiTechRob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14065 ft
United States

musiseb Posted at 2016-12-29 20:05

Make sure you format your SD card.  I had this same issue with brand new P4P+ out of the box and I simply had to format the SD card.
2017-4-19
Use props
HiTechRob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14065 ft
United States

XoR Posted at 2016-12-29 14:16
I downloaded apk's via web browser but the problem is that DJI locked storage space and can't install...maybe root will do it but not sure if will not broken other things.
Also tried to uninstall weiboo (it's for China not other regions) but no luck...

Agreed!  If DJI took the approach of App Store like Apple does, this would allow P4P+ owners to take advantage of third-party apps too.  I chose the P4P+ mainly because of (a) the convenience of a built-in screen - one less thing to purchase, charge and maintain and (b) the screen is far brighter in sunlight than an iPad mini or Pro.
2017-4-19
Use props
fans541b50bf
New
Flight distance : 1280 ft
United States

If I knew I could not install 3rd party apps I would not have bought the P4P+
2017-7-19
Use props
ringlis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34685 ft
United States

On the 4 Pro+ it has a facebook app installed, but, says its 15 months old and I cannot seem to update it in the google store.  I have logged in, but, get a message "You haven't accessed the Google Play Store app (the white shopping bag icon) on y our device with this email account"

It seems the mobile device is not linked to my Google Account, even though I am logged in.  Anyone know how to update this?
2017-7-27
Use props
DominicD
lvl.1
United States

I just bought a P4P+ and all I planned on using it for is survey's and orthomosaics with Pix4D and this pile of garbage can't even download the apps I need. What an absolute waste of money. I don't even understand how DJI would think that this is ok or anyone would want this thing just using their go app.
2017-8-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

DominicD Posted at 2017-8-26 16:24
I just bought a P4P+ and all I planned on using it for is survey's and orthomosaics with Pix4D and this pile of garbage can't even download the apps I need. What an absolute waste of money. I don't even understand how DJI would think that this is ok or anyone would want this thing just using their go app.

Well, you did not do much research before buying did you? But if you really want to solve the problem , you can simply buy a P4P controller and get on with the job.
2017-8-26
Use props
RMJovo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1716240 ft
United States

ringlis Posted at 2017-7-27 20:56
On the 4 Pro+ it has a facebook app installed, but, says its 15 months old and I cannot seem to update it in the google store.  I have logged in, but, get a message "You haven't accessed the Google Play Store app (the white shopping bag icon) on y our device with this email account"

It seems the mobile device is not linked to my Google Account, even though I am logged in.  Anyone know how to update this?

Same problem I have, if someone has a fix I would like to see it also.
2017-8-29
Use props
KEDDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

fans541b50bf Posted at 2017-7-19 14:06
If I knew I could not install 3rd party apps I would not have bought the P4P+

in my case i knew i couldn't, just didn't realize that i would have the need for it in order to get better use of the equipment and decent range of downlink and control. :-(

As i don't know much about android and smart phones i am unsure if the effect you get if you go to "Settings / About Device", scrolling to the bottom and tap a little on the "System Version" can be of any help to someone?
2017-8-30
Use props
bohdan gutnyk
New

Ukraine

there are the solution for you, now you can install any app and succsesfuly connect drone on Phantom pro +controller
2018-4-26
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

You can install Litchi if you buy it using the amazon app store. Check here:

https://flylitchi.com/crystalsky
2018-4-27
Use props
djiuser_N64nC0qaKZyZ
New

Australia

Hi
thanks for sharing your post. I am new in dji. I want to isntall appsdoes not let me. I have phantom p4p and my only app is dji go 4. when trying to isntall app like apkpure it says "out of space,  APKPure couldn't be installed. Free up some space and try again"

I can se that I have more than 2.7GB space. I deleted all cache just in case, but still gives me the error message. Any help would be appriciated
2023-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules