UK: NATS Drone Assist
1575 6 2016-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Margleman
lvl.2

United Kingdom

To help new and experienced pilots fly more safely NATS ( the UK''s main Air Traffic Control provider) launched Drone Assist for both iOS and Android and is available for free on the Apple Appstore and Google Play.  It provides an interactive map of airspace used by commercial air traffic.  I have found it to be very useful.
2016-12-29
Use props
pigolato
lvl.4
Flight distance : 745243 ft
United Kingdom

Nice useful app. I don't like having to give name, email address and phone number though.
2016-12-30
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

pigolato Posted at 2016-12-30 01:22
Nice useful app. I don't like having to give name, email address and phone number though.

Why?
If you are not flying (or intending to fly) illegally what is there to worry about?

This app will later integrate with NATS to establish real time info for ATC
2016-12-30
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

I have installed this
2016-12-30
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

It's worth reading, and if you feel like doing so responding to: https://www.gov.uk/government/co ... s-to-the-uk-economy

The "NATS" app is mentioned as a way of, eventually, controlling your right and ability to fly. In real time. Enjoy.

This is the consultation (ha! they've already decided what they want, this is just a statutory requirement) that will govern your future flying in the UK. The main document appears written by an intern, it's so incomplete and full of errors and omissions...
2016-12-31
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its a handy App & we are lucky in the UK that the CAA (UK FAA) & NATS are significantly proactive about drone use. As a pilot I welcome that there are ways to make the sky safe to use for everyone, I don't fly my aircraft low level, 500' here in the UK, so 400' drone ceiling gives some separation. Not entirely sure how an app feeding drone flights into ATC is really going to help long term. Mode-S transponders were supposed to be mandatory years ago, for all aircraft, until someone pointed out that a gaggle of gliders all squawking Mode-S data wasn't very practical!
2016-12-31
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

I am a bit confused by this app as it does not seem to hold the same data as the drone and the UAV Forcast app i have installed. Until i installed the UAV app i had no idea that i was almost in the centre of a D Class area ..... the NTAS app does not show this ....
2016-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules