Stick Calibration Failure on both DJI GO and GO 4 apps
3202 19 2016-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

As the title states, I have attempted to do a stick calibration using both the DJI GO (3.1.1) and the DJI GO 4 (4.0.1) with the same results. I go thru all of the motions as instructed but it times out after 60 seconds......anyone else experience this or have suggestions on what to do next....Here is a video of me going thru the steps.

2016-12-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Heavysledz, I'll help to report this issue.
Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using?
2016-12-29
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
United States

delete duplicate post...
2016-12-29
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-29 22:14

Thanks Mindy - I used a Samsung Tab A(2016)7", a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and a Samsung Galaxy S5 all with the same results regardless if I used DJI Go or DJI GO 4. I then used my wife's I-Pad Mini 4 and it worked correctly using DJI GO the first try. So it appears it is related to the Android version of the app(s). Let me know if any additional information is needed.
2016-12-29
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-12-29 22:14

Mindy - Thank you for your help...was wondering if you happen to have any update?
2016-12-30
Use props
USVI Flyer
lvl.1
U.S. Virgin Islands

I'm glad you succeeded. I still can not get anywhere with the stick calibration. I've tried using DJI GO and GO 4 on my iPhone 6S and on my iPad and neither App works.
It says to "Return sticks to midpoints before clicking "Start button"

I can't get passed that message. I just opened the Mavic box yesterday, updated to the latest firmware on Mavic and Controller. Have not flown it yet-- doesn't feel safe if you can't calibrate your sticks-- and the App is not working correctly. Hmmmm. What now? Never fly the Mavic, or try and maybe crash because things are just not perfect?
2016-12-31
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
United States

What are the values of your stick positions when they are in the middle resting position? If they are at 0%, I would fly it.....if not, then yes, you need to figure out why you can't perform a calibration. can you possibly do a screen recording and post it up for us to review?
2016-12-31
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

What's the resolution?  I am having the same problem.
2017-1-11
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
United States

no resolution from DJI as of yet.....I had to hook up my wife's IPad Mini 4 so I could perform the calibration.
2017-1-11
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
United States

So, it's apparently an android problem ???   I'm having the same problem w/ Samsung S5.  Tried reinstalling GO 4.  Never get to point where the calibration finishes.  I see a DONE button, but it never works ... then the calibration times out (way too soon, IMO).
2017-1-11
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
United States

I believe so. It is either an Android issue or the Android version of the app has a bug....as it works fine on IOS devices.
2017-1-11
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
United States

After uninstalling and reinstalling DJI GO 4 without resolving the issue, I installed DJI GO and was finally able to get the stick calibration to run successfully on my Samsung S4.  BTW, I also tried GO 4 on an android tablet without success.  So the issue would appear to be in the android GO 4 app.
2017-1-12
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-1-12 06:04
After uninstalling and reinstalling DJI GO 4 without resolving the issue, I installed DJI GO and was finally able to get the stick calibration to run successfully on my Samsung S4.  BTW, I also tried GO 4 on an android tablet without success.  So the issue would appear to be in the android GO 4 app.

Interesting...can you please tell me what version of the DJI GO app you are running....I will see what I am running tomorrow and may try to delete the app and reinstall it again.
2017-1-12
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
United States

Heavysledz Posted at 2017-1-12 22:10
Interesting...can you please tell me what version of the DJI GO app you are running....I will see what I am running tomorrow and may try to delete the app and reinstall it again.

It's the latest  (3.1.1  ?). I just loaded it.  I want to go back to GO 4 next time I'm out to see if it comes up calibrated.
2017-1-13
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

USVI Flyer Posted at 2016-12-31 09:13
I'm glad you succeeded. I still can not get anywhere with the stick calibration. I've tried using DJI GO and GO 4 on my iPhone 6S and on my iPad and neither App works.
It says to "Return sticks to midpoints before clicking "Start button"

Why did you calibrated the sticks in the first place.

Never did that and I have been flying for the past 2 month with NO ISSUES...
I saw a lot of people complaining and winning about how the MAVIC PRO  bag was badly design and how it is damaging the controller stick...

Here is the solution....

Pack you controller first as show in the picture then pack your drone as  show below and VOILA...so please stop winning about how DJI did NOT  think of this or think of that it is like they have to spoon you  everything...

MAVIC PRO PACKING

MAVIC PRO PACKING

MAVIC PRO PACKING2

MAVIC PRO PACKING2
2017-1-13
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-1-13 18:59
It's the latest  (3.1.1  ?). I just loaded it.  I want to go back to GO 4 next time I'm out to see if it comes up calibrated.

Went back  to the DJI GO 4 app and the good calibration was maintained.  I have had several good flying experiences since.
2017-1-17
Use props
DJI-XCJ
lvl.1
Hong Kong

The interaction of rc calibration for mavic will be updated in the coming version. We try to provide more convenient way to calibrate the remote controller.
2017-1-19
Use props
fans960b109d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 791736 ft
New Zealand

I watched a youtube vid where you could see solid while lines appear as you tracked around the box limits....when i tried it i didnt see this? So i went around several times really slowly and did the gimbal dial and done popped up...calibration complete....using xperia z3 on latest dji go 4 app and firmware on done etc..
2017-1-20
Use props
Camper Bob
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38635 ft
United States

I have had the same problem on my Android Nexus 7 and after working with tech support, they issued an RMA and I have sent it in for repair yesterday.  Hope they fix it.
2017-1-20
Use props
Lonewolf 8
lvl.1

United States

I had this issue also. I finally figured out when you calibrate the sticks, you also have to calibrate the left wheel that moves the camera. Start your calibration, move slowly around the squares until there is a solid line on all 4 sides. Then scroll down and calibrate the wheel. Move it full left and then full right a couple of times. You should be done and calibrated now.
2017-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules