Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Phantom 4 Pro Activating the Phantom 4 Pro
32132 34 2016-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Here's how to activate the Phantom 4 Pro.

2016-12-29
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hi i have a p4p+. Just purchased it last week. When i switch on the RC. The built in screen ask for wifi connection for activation. It picks up all the wifi in the area inc neighbours but its not seeing my wifi. My wifi is working fine and showing on my phone or ipads or laptop. Just not showing on the built in screen. Any ideas on what i could do? I assume its got all the latest firmware has i purchased from maplin uk only last week. Thanks for your help
2017-1-3
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I have reset my home wifi a couple of times without success
2017-1-3
Use props
fans0f6c21b7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1295794 ft
  • >>>
Norway

The same here. Just picked it up today, trying the activation. Finds all the neighborhood wifi networks, but not my own at home. Should I go for a coffee to my neighbor to find my wifi and activate it? ;)
2017-1-3
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Is it a bug or is it normal?
2017-1-3
Use props
fans0f6c21b7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1295794 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Actually it can find my printer network and my mini pocket wifi-router, so I'm trying with the mini-router....
2017-1-3
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Ive just borrowed my neighbours wifi
2017-1-3
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I managed to update the p4p+ RC using neighbours wifi.  now its been upgraded i can see my home wifi.  so maybe the latest version has a fix. i dont know.

I am also updating the aircraft via the RC using the cable.  I just realised I have been sat waiting about 25mins watching my RC screen with a blue "downloading" button.  I assumed it meant its downloading.  After 25mins of waiting I decided to touch the blue downloading button. It then begins to download and then install.  the whole process took about 10mins.  

Message to newbs like me.  Downloading means "start download" so touch the blue downloading button to start the upgrade.

2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

BashP4P+ Posted at 2017-1-3 09:38
Hi i have a p4p+. Just purchased it last week. When i switch on the RC. The built in screen ask for wifi connection for activation. It picks up all the wifi in the area inc neighbours but its not seeing my wifi. My wifi is working fine and showing on my phone or ipads or laptop. Just not showing on the built in screen. Any ideas on what i could do? I assume its got all the latest firmware has i purchased from maplin uk only last week. Thanks for your help

Glad to hear you've got it sorted out, enjoy it and let us know for any further questions.
2017-1-3
Use props
Svt04cobra
lvl.3
United States

I would have thought it was the security on your WiFi blocking it.
2017-1-4
Use props
CReeve
New

Germany

how can i check if my activation was successful? If i go into the DJI Go 4 App it shows the Version of the App, Aircraft and Remote Controller, but not the Flight Controller Serial Number !?
It´s a brand new P4P and haven´t been up in the air once cause of the problems i´m having :-(
A downgrade on the DJI 4 Go App is not possible - everything ist up to date - even my iPhone!

Can someone help? DJI is not responding and if they don´t give me a solution, i will send the P4P back and no more DJI products for me - sorry, but for that much money i expect definitively more/better support!
2017-1-29
Use props
Connery
New
Flight distance : 26837 ft
United States

No activation screen shows up in app. Brand new P4P have yet to fly due to issues. I turn it on and it just beeps. Have upgraded camera firmware and the DJI Assitant software says it has the latest firmware. Need help asap. send to connerykoski@gmail.com
2017-2-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

CReeve Posted at 2017-1-29 07:34
how can i check if my activation was successful? If i go into the DJI Go 4 App it shows the Version of the App, Aircraft and Remote Controller, but not the Flight Controller Serial Number !?
It´s a brand new P4P and haven´t been up in the air once cause of the problems i´m having :-(
A downgrade on the DJI 4 Go App is not possible - everything ist up to date - even my iPhone!

Sorry for late reply.
May I know have you got it sorted out now?
Please click on "Reply" button so that I can get a remind then get back to you as soon as possible.
2017-2-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Connery Posted at 2017-2-12 08:23
No activation screen shows up in app. Brand new P4P have yet to fly due to issues. I turn it on and it just beeps. Have upgraded camera firmware and the DJI Assitant software says it has the latest firmware. Need help asap. send to

Please PM me your aircraft SN, I'll check it for you.
The beep sound is referencing to remote controller or aircraft?
What is the LED status on remote?
Both aircraft and remote are up to date?
2017-2-13
Use props
mnalls05
New

United States

trying to update my P4P and it gets stuck with error 0x020103 at 65%
2017-2-25
Use props
mnalls05
New

United States

could you email the firmwire update and intructions to martez.nalls@yahoo.com
2017-2-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

mnalls05 Posted at 2017-2-25 19:50
could you email the firmwire update and intructions to

Our support sent you the file and instruction to upgrade it, please have a try and keep us updated here with the result, thank.
2017-2-25
Use props
Randy759
New
Flight distance : 68310 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-25 20:59
Our support sent you the file and instruction to upgrade it, please have a try and keep us updated here with the result, thank.

I have registered mine, but the name I gave it didn't apply, all my flight logs refer to it as "m"
2017-2-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Randy759 Posted at 2017-2-28 18:03
I have registered mine, but the name I gave it didn't apply, all my flight logs refer to it as "m"

Please help confirm your aircraft model, have you tried to restart all devices?
Then please upload a screenshot here, thanks.
2017-2-28
Use props
Randy759
New
Flight distance : 68310 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-28 18:46
Please help confirm your aircraft model, have you tried to restart all devices?
Then please upload a screenshot here, thanks.

Phantom 4 Pro Plus is the model.  It is in the flight logs.  The new controller does not have screenshot capability, nor can I access the files on it.  For a more advanced system, It has an awful lot of limitations that I was not expecting.  At least using a phone I could access all the files.
2017-2-28
Use props
fans20b4b055
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-25 20:59

Is there going to be a revised upgrade release soon that addresses the vast number of problems people are having with this new upgrade? MY drone arrives this week and I don't want to create problems before I even start.
Thanks,
DM
2017-6-12
Use props
RonHarper
lvl.1

United States

fans20b4b055 Posted at 2017-6-12 08:23
Is there going to be a revised upgrade release soon that addresses the vast number of problems people are having with this new upgrade? MY drone arrives this week and I don't want to create problems before I even start.
Thanks,
DM

Doubtful. DJI usually releases firmwares about once every 2 months. So I'd suggest getting used to no Smart RTH toggle and having a much crappier live feed than was prior to this disaster-release.

I would add another part of the problem:
I don't believe there is any accountability at DJI- in most places, such a disastrous release with new problems would force a reckoning for the project manager who authorized this to be released without enough (any) QA. At DJI, it just seems like their way of doing business. So it repeats.
2017-6-12
Use props
fans20b4b055
lvl.1
United States

RonHarper Posted at 2017-6-12 10:58
Doubtful. DJI usually releases firmwares about once every 2 months. So I'd suggest getting used to no Smart RTH toggle and having a much crappier live feed than was prior to this disaster-release.

I would add another part of the problem:

That's a pretty sad state of affairs.
2017-6-13
Use props
fans0ef59e2e
New
United States

I'm on the last screen to bind my aircraft with my account. It says "activation failed (server back fail)" anyone else have this problem?
2017-7-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans0ef59e2e Posted at 2017-7-2 10:40
I'm on the last screen to bind my aircraft with my account. It says "activation failed (server back fail)" anyone else have this problem?

Would you please try again to activate it? The issue might be caused by server failure.
2017-7-3
Use props
fans51d75df0
New
Flight distance : 797 ft
Italy

after upgrading to the latest RC firmware I had Chinese Mainland Phone Number issue so I tryied to Reset To Factory Defaults, but now I am unable to Sign In as it says it doesn't find a network to connect but I am unable to select a WiFi network, I can't see where to choose it.
2017-7-8
Use props
fans51d75df0
New
Flight distance : 797 ft
Italy

fans51d75df0 Posted at 2017-7-8 08:46
after upgrading to the latest RC firmware I had Chinese Mainland Phone Number issue so I tryied to Reset To Factory Defaults, but now I am unable to Sign In as it says it doesn't find a network to connect but I am unable to select a WiFi network, I can't see where to choose it.

found the solution: Swipe down and turn the WiFi on, as it is off by default!
2017-7-8
Use props
JeffBradtke
New
Fiji

fans0f6c21b7 Posted at 2017-1-3 10:34
The same here. Just picked it up today, trying the activation. Finds all the neighborhood wifi networks, but not my own at home. Should I go for a coffee to my neighbor to find my wifi and activate it? ;)

Same here, I went down the road to a cafe and same problem there.
2017-10-2
Use props
ToneLeDrone
New
Flight distance : 14065 ft
United Kingdom

Hi. Had the 4Pro+ for a week now and yesterday I got the message to Link and Verifiy my mainland China phone number (I'm in the UK). I updated drone firmware and reset the controller which worked for a few minutes in the 'flight simulator' but once I'd finished it's asking me again.
2017-10-9
Use props
ToneLeDrone
New
Flight distance : 14065 ft
United Kingdom

ToneLeDrone Posted at 2017-10-9 04:09
Hi. Had the 4Pro+ for a week now and yesterday I got the message to Link and Verifiy my mainland China phone number (I'm in the UK). I updated drone firmware and reset the controller which worked for a few minutes in the 'flight simulator' but once I'd finished it's asking me again.

2017-10-9
Use props
fans6fd5f9fe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17434 ft
Ecuador

Hello ... I have an RC GL300 E but I can not activate it because it does not detect any Wi-Fi signal I can do. from now, thank you for you help
2017-11-9
Use props
fans6fd5f9fe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17434 ft
Ecuador

I get a note:
Network disconnected. Failed to continue activating the remote controller. connect WI-FI or insert wireless adapters
2017-11-9
Use props
fanscb33fa92
New

Nigeria

How can I activate my phantom 4 advance +
2018-10-2
Use props
fanscb33fa92
New

Nigeria

How can I activate my phantom 4 advance +