779 6 2016-12-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Speeder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 491732 ft
New Zealand

Hi,

I was wandering on DJI's website to get the Mavic and changed the currencies.
Currently living in NZ, I was looking if the price was the same for every currencies.

I've been surprised when I switched to USD and see the price cheaper of $400NZD !
prices.png

Can anyone can explain me that HUGE difference ?

Thanks

2016-12-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

You have a 15% GST that is automatically added to the price, plus there is the 'Everywhere Else Tax' that is applied to every country other than the US. Try the same with Apple pricing.
2016-12-29
Use props
Speeder
lvl.2
New Zealand

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-29 21:00
You have a 15% GST that is automatically added to the price, plus there is the 'Everywhere Else Tax' that is applied to every country other than the US. Try the same with Apple pricing.

Ah yeahhh, GST... Thanks !
So do you recon that I can order mine from USA and try to get it without any extras ?
2016-12-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Speeder Posted at 2016-12-29 21:02
So do you recon that I can order mine from USA and try to get it without any extras ?

You might, but if you need warranty coverage, I would look to find an approved dealer in New Zealand.
2016-12-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Speeder Posted at 2016-12-29 21:02

There's the small matter of importing it.
HM Customs are going to want to get their share if it comes past them.
Do your homework to see if it's worth it before ordering from OS.
2016-12-30
Use props
Speeder
lvl.2
New Zealand

Geebax Posted at 2016-12-30 01:40
You might, but if you need warranty coverage, I would look to find an approved dealer in New Zealand.

Yeah but the thing is, I'm not living in NZ for ever.. I'm French traveling where the wind brings me. So I just need to get the Mavic before leaving NZ, and possibly at the cheapest price.
And the approved dealer is $200 more expensive..
I will take the DJI CARE anyway, the Mavic is too fragile.
2016-12-30
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

My wife got me a combo deal on Amazon.  P4, 3 batteries, Backpack and more. I think the only option it didn't have was lenz filters....$1299.oo USD.from what I can tell, support is same dfor where ever you buy so.....thats all I know..I guess I alll cimes down to how fast you want to ger into the air. It only took 7 dys to get my Phantom and I was flying on Xmas day.
2016-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules