What the hell happened .Nearly lost her.
123Next >
4491 82 2016-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

In your device (tablet?) you need to go to the DJI folder . Open the DJI folder . Open the dji.pilot folder & open the FlightRecord folder . Inside the flight record folder you will see all the flight records.
Go to the Phantom Help site and upload the DJIFlightRecord XXXXX.txt file for that flight.

2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

perryb Posted at 2017-1-1 18:46
Sent everything into DJI today and have asked for a store credit against a I2.I have only had the drone for a few days .Very disappointed .

I can understand how frustrating that must be.
Since you had sent it in, if you have any further query, please feel free to let me know.
2017-1-3
Use props
perryb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI did not get back to me after many emails .I have asked Amex to refuse the charge .DJI will not tell me where to send the drone back to.They just lost a good customer.So sad I have been with them from day 1 .
2017-1-4
Use props
Uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As much as I like the brightness of the screen on my Plus , the GO app crashes with
too much regularity , have to reboot the screen to restart GO , my other DJI quads P4
Inspire 1 etc don't have this crashing when using an iPad Air 2 ,
the Plus should not be crashing the app at all as it is DJI purpose built m the only job it has is to run the GO app !

hope this is fixed soon , I have read quite a few others having the same issue with the built in screen ,
it wouldnt be so bad if the other usb port was usable for another device screen , but it's not.
2017-1-5
Use props
perryb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

perryb Posted at 2017-1-3 17:48
Yes they have and I tried .Just downloaded again and tried to upload to 2 sites .No go .I am only getting a .dat file .No .text ..Time for a glass of wine back at it tomorrow .The file is sitting on my desktop ,not getting this .

OK today I had a professional Photographer at our Winery .He was hired to do shots of our Estate . Guess what he had a brand new P4P .This one did not have the DJI tablet . He was disconnected 6 times in 10 minutes .He could not get more than 300 feet before it said weak signal and then disconnected . RTH worked every time but did send the drone much higher than the set height .I gave the guy my p4 to finish the shoot .It flew with no problems .DJI have not got back to me about returning my P4P .Not good treatment of a loyal customer . I think the P4P has a serious problem .
2017-1-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

perryb Posted at 2017-1-5 16:20
OK today I had a professional Photographer at our Winery .He was hired to do shots of our Estate . Guess what he had a brand new P4P .This one did not have the DJI tablet . He was disconnected 6 times in 10 minutes .He could not get more than 300 feet before it said weak signal and then disconnected . RTH worked every time but did send the drone much higher than the set height .I gave the guy my p4 to finish the shoot .It flew with no problems .DJI have not got back to me about returning my P4P .Not good treatment of a loyal customer . I think the P4P has a serious problem .

"I think the P4P has a serious problem"

What do you think about the many users having no problems at all?
2017-1-5
Use props
perryb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-1-5 17:29
"I think the P4P has a serious problem"

What do you think about the many users having no problems at all?

I think they are lucky ,I got a bad one and so did my Photographer . He gave his old 4 away and now has no drone to use .
2017-1-5
Use props
perryb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-3 18:54
I can understand how frustrating that must be.
Since you had sent it in, if you have any further query, please feel free to let me know.

Mindy ,I have heard nothing from them ,please read my last post as to what else has happened with another p4p .
2017-1-5
Use props
perryb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

perryb Posted at 2017-1-5 19:49
Mindy ,I have heard nothing from them ,please read my last post as to what else has happened with another p4p .

One more thing to report .The Photographer could not get maps to work and the direction pointer of his drone was way out .This is the same for me ,I did eventually get maps to work ,kind of . Although it always started in Berlin Germany and then moved to my location .Then I had to blow it up and refresh as I moved .I am not attacking DJI or making any of this up  It is what it is and I hope the people with problems get a solution .DJI support stinks and has been a common thread here .
2017-1-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

perryb Posted at 2017-1-5 19:10
I think they are lucky ,I got a bad one and so did my Photographer . He gave his old 4 away and now has no drone to use .

There are a lot of "lucky" P4p owners ... and a few that for various reasons have one with issues.
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

perryb Posted at 2017-1-5 19:49

Sorry for the late reply. Since you didn't click the reply button. I cannot see you are responding to me.
I'll bring this to the attention of our support team and make sure they follow up with you.
2017-1-7
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Guys,

This is normal Beta Testing Stuff, as I had said months ago.   Give it time to mature...
2017-1-7
Use props
perryb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-7 02:33
Sorry for the late reply. Since you didn't click the reply button. I cannot see you are responding to me.
I'll bring this to the attention of our support team and make sure they follow up with you.

I just got a form to fill in ,thank you .I also ordered the I2 and am awaiting the credit .Did you see my post about our photographer having the same type of problems with his P4P?
2017-1-7
Use props
perryb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MD_Icarus Posted at 2017-1-7 07:08
Guys,

This is normal Beta Testing Stuff, as I had said months ago.   Give it time to mature...

Sure ,then we lose our drones or have a bad crash that hurts someone ?The P4P should not be flying unless it is safe .No Beta,you do not fly a plane unless the FAA has certified it safe  . No one flies a beta pIane nor should we fly a beta drone .I know some people have had a great experience with there P4P but others like me not so much. My P4 is an amazing drone never a problem ,as with my I1.
2017-1-7
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rodger Posted at 2017-1-1 06:52
Let's see what they say happened. Other than this incident how does the tablet perform and how is the display in sunlight?

I Had the P4P and the P4P+  for 4 weeks now, both them worked flawlessly, more that 400,000 feet of flying distance with no problems. P4P+ screen is amazing in the sun light. I used to use IPAD Mini2 and 4 but NO MORE...
2017-1-7
Use props
perryb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ePetLicensing.c Posted at 2017-1-7 20:15
I Had the P4P and the P4P+  for 4 weeks now, both them worked flawlessly, more that 400,000 feet of flying distance with no problems. P4P+ screen is amazing in the sun light. I used to use IPAD Mini2 and 4 but NO MORE...

All I can tell u is from 2 users what their problems were. My p4 flies flawlessly and is an amazing drone .I have done countless hours on her .My P4P is not the same drone and is dangerous . I have bought DJI drones and have had no problems but I see on the Forum people having problems .I am like I am not, they must be flying wrong .This is the first time the tables have turned on me . I so wanted it to be amazing but no .I am shipping my P4 to the photographer as a loaner .Not only did his P4P not work, TSA packed it wrong and destroyed the frame.I have pictures .The airline and tsa say they are not responsible for electronics .He can not even sent his drone back .Talk about screwed
2017-1-7
Use props
Namdsibor
New

United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-1-1 18:31
The flight record will probably provide an explanation for your incident.
I'd be a little concerned that you calibrated the compass before the flight - this is not necessary and the manual specifically says not to do it unless prompted bt the app.

You just said NOT to calibrate the compass before the flight.  Is that true for the P3S too or just the P4?
2017-1-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Namdsibor Posted at 2017-1-7 23:07
You just said NOT to calibrate the compass before the flight.  Is that true for the P3S too or just the P4?

With the P3, experience shows that once you have a good compass calibration it;s best to stick with it.
2017-1-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I used to believe it was necessary to calibrate the Phantom 3 Pro' compass after every firmware update too, but it's probably not.  
Unless you travel to a new area that is beyond 200 miles from your last good compass calibration, it shouldn't need to be done again.

I have also done them after the Go app got its several upgrades as well. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-8
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

ePetLicensing.c Posted at 2017-1-7 20:15

Thanks for the update. You bought a P4P and a P4P+ at. the same time or you have been using the display with the new and old. Do you get all of the data the samosa the Mini 4. I have been using the Mini4 for quite sometime now.
you you see many advantages whittle new display over the Mini 4 other than the clarity of the screen in sunlight?
2017-1-8
Use props
sarge43
lvl.2
United States

I have both the Mavic and the P4P.  I have flown the Mavic much more than the P4P and have been on that forum much more due to that.  The issues I'm seeing in the P4P forum are a mirror of those over on the Mavic forum.  Both the P4P and the Mavic have brand new tech in them, and while I don't agree that anyone should be testing guinea pigs for this stuff, the fact is that we really are and there will be issues.  DJI is reacting to the Mavic issues, and releasing firmware updates to correct them (mostly) as they are noted.  A previous poster said something like "let them mature" and I agree with that.  In my opinion, DJI rushed these out to corner a market that appeared at the time like it was going to be much more crowded.  It turned out not to be that way with the other manufacturer having to do a full recall of their product and DJI ended up being the only game in town for "serious" drones, albeit they have the market with rushed tech that has issues because of it.  Patches and fixes will come out and the products will get better.  DJI has lost more than a few customers both now in for the future with the Mavic debacle.  I can only hope that they are paying attention to these largely self caused issues (again, my opinion) and that future releases are handled and vetted in a much better way.  
Sarge
2017-1-8
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rodger Posted at 2017-1-8 04:44
Thanks for the update. You bought a P4P and a P4P+ at. the same time or you have been using the display with the new and old. Do you get all of the data the samosa the Mini 4. I have been using the Mini4 for quite sometime now.
you you see many advantages whittle new display over the Mini 4 other than the clarity of the screen in sunlight?

I purchased the "P4P" while I was waiting on the "P4P Plus" because I needed it for a rush job. The P4P Plus end up arriving few days later so I decided to keep both of them.

The plus has the same information displayed on the Crystal Display as on the Mini4 . The only difference is the the Mini4 display is slightly bigger which is not a big deal for me.

I do a lot of shooting during the day and the P4P Plus display is amazing with extreme sunlight. During the late afternoon I use the P4P.

I also had the Mavic Pro for the past 2.5 month and again I flew the bird for more than 150000' NOT EVEN 1 hick up.
P4P_PLUS2.JPG
-P4P_IPAD_MINI4.JPG
2017-1-8
Use props
perryb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

sarge43 Posted at 2017-1-8 08:27
I have both the Mavic and the P4P.  I have flown the Mavic much more than the P4P and have been on that forum much more due to that.  The issues I'm seeing in the P4P forum are a mirror of those over on the Mavic forum.  Both the P4P and the Mavic have brand new tech in them, and while I don't agree that anyone should be testing guinea pigs for this stuff, the fact is that we really are and there will be issues.  DJI is reacting to the Mavic issues, and releasing firmware updates to correct them (mostly) as they are noted.  A previous poster said something like "let them mature" and I agree with that.  In my opinion, DJI rushed these out to corner a market that appeared at the time like it was going to be much more crowded.  It turned out not to be that way with the other manufacturer having to do a full recall of their product and DJI ended up being the only game in town for "serious" drones, albeit they have the market with rushed tech that has issues because of it.  Patches and fixes will come out and the products will get better.  DJI has lost more than a few customers both now in for the future with the Mavic debacle.  I can only hope that they are paying attention to these largely self caused issues (again, my opinion) and that future releases are handled and vetted in a much better way.  
Sarge

I like what you are saying but we should not be guinea pigs nor should the public have to deal with drones in the sky that are not totally under control . It is bad enough that anyone can buy a drone and take to the air with no training . Then for that drone to start doing stuff that they have no idea what to do to correct it is serious . When I lost control of my P4P and had no idea where she was ,I was very scared .I have 3 years of flying and that is the only reason I got her back .My heart was pounding .They should not have rushed and made sure it was safe to fly .I am still ordering a I2 and just hope it is as good as my I1  .This is just my opinion and not a go at you or DJI .
2017-1-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

perryb Posted at 2017-1-8 17:58
I like what you are saying but we should not be guinea pigs nor should the public have to deal with drones in the sky that are not totally under control . It is bad enough that anyone can buy a drone and take to the air with no training . Then for that drone to start doing stuff that they have no idea what to do to correct it is serious . When I lost control of my P4P and had no idea where she was ,I was very scared .I have 3 years of flying and that is the only reason I got her back .My heart was pounding .They should not have rushed and made sure it was safe to fly .I am still ordering a I2 and just hope it is as good as my I1  .This is just my opinion and not a go at you or DJI .

"They should not have rushed and made sure it was safe to fly"
We see that opinion frequently in the forum but despite some issues, there really isn't evidence to back up the idea that the P4p was not ready to release.
It's ignoring the thousands of users that have no problems.
I know my P4p is working perfectly and so are most I hear of.

There is always the possibility for hardware issues in some examples of any mass produced item and there are lots of things users can do to make a mess of things or believe things aren't working properly when they are.
In the case of yours, all we know is that you've given a rather confused account that doesn't tell us anything definite and nothing to use to explain what might have happened or even if there was a problem at all.
I've read it multiple times and there's nothing in it that convinces me that you had any real problem at all.
Perhaps you did but haven't explained it well or maybe you were just disoriented and anxious?

You've subsequently said that you loaned it to someone and it worked perfectly for him.
Unless you can get the flight data to show what really happened, you really can't even know there was a problem.
Real problems can be dealt with but imagined or vague and uncertain ones are a lot more difficult.
2017-1-8
Use props
perryb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-1-8 18:09
"They should not have rushed and made sure it was safe to fly"
We see that opinion frequently in the forum but despite some issues, there really isn't evidence to back up the idea that the P4p was not ready to release.
It's ignoring the thousands of users that have no problems.

Ok ,I lose contact with my p4p and it is flying by it self with no controle from me .I guess that is an amazing experience . My screen is frozen and no camera or maps ,wow just got better .RTH is not working . I reboot in mid air .Wow I am over a town ,so nice for them .Finally RTH works ,life is good .If you read my post properly ,I leant my P4 ,not my P4P.Why do some of you want to attack and not be constructive  .There has been many posts that people can not get a .text file to share .I am one of them .I have 3 years of flying and none of my problems is pilot error. I am just making people aware of problems I am having .Is this not what the forum is for ???   
2017-1-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

perryb Posted at 2017-1-8 19:45
Ok ,I lose contact with my p4p and it is flying by it self with no controle from me .I guess that is an amazing experience . My screen is frozen and no camera or maps ,wow just got better .RTH is not working . I reboot in mid air .Wow I am over a town ,so nice for them .Finally RTH works ,life is good .If you read my post properly ,I leant my P4 ,not my P4P.Why do some of you want to attack and not be constructive  .There has been many posts that people can not get a .text file to share .I am one of them .I have 3 years of flying and none of my problems is pilot error. I am just making people aware of problems I am having .Is this not what the forum is for ???

"Why do some of you want to attack and not be constructive ...

I am just making people aware of problems I am having . Is this not what the forum is for ???   "

I'm just pointing out that no-one can offer any proper comment on your "incident" without a description of what happened or flight data.
All we can tell for sure is that you think you had a problem but the details of what it was are lacking.
2017-1-8
Use props
perryb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-1-8 19:52
"Why do some of you want to attack and not be constructive ...

I am just making people aware of problems I am having . Is this not what the forum is for ???   "

You are funny,I had major issues .Why would I want to post lies ?? I can not get a .text file to share but I posted my flight log ? I also uploaded my files to DJI that worked but have not heard back from them .What is your problem ?
2017-1-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

perryb Posted at 2017-1-8 19:59
You are funny,I had major issues .Why would I want to post lies ?? I can not get a .text file to share but I posted my flight log ? I also uploaded my files to DJI that worked but have not heard back from them .What is your problem ?

My problem?
I explained it twice in my last posts.
No point doing it a third time.
2017-1-8
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ePetLicensing.c Posted at 2017-1-8 16:01
I purchased the "P4P" while I was waiting on the "P4P Plus" because I needed it for a rush job. The P4P Plus end up arriving few days later so I decided to keep both of them.

The plus has the same information displayed on the Crystal Display as on the Mini4 . The only difference is the the Mini4 display is slightly bigger which is not a big deal for me.

Thanks for the info. I use a mini 4 with my P4P. I. am waiting for the weather to warm up before I buy the P4P+. At the point I don't know if I am going to try the. Crystal Display or stick with the Mini4. I flew yesterday after a snow storm and it was extremely bright and even with the hood on I had a very hard time seeing the Mini4 screen. I do appreciate your input. I as you, never have problems with my DJI quads. I have a number of them and they just keep on ticking.
2017-1-9
Use props
sunny051488
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183891 ft
United States

rodger Posted at 2017-1-9 04:33
Thanks for the info. I use a mini 4 with my P4P. I. am waiting for the weather to warm up before I buy the P4P+. At the point I don't know if I am going to try the. Crystal Display or stick with the Mini4. I flew yesterday after a snow storm and it was extremely bright and even with the hood on I had a very hard time seeing the Mini4 screen. I do appreciate your input. I as you, never have problems with my DJI quads. I have a number of them and they just keep on ticking.

it sounds like the P4P+ has issues that make it worse than using an ipad running the dji go4 app. I'd stay away and stick to what works. Classic why fix something thats not broken case here with the p4p+ screen.
2017-1-9
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

sunny051488 Posted at 2017-1-9 09:26
it sounds like the P4P+ has issues that make it worse than using an ipad running the dji go4 app. I'd stay away and stick to what works. Classic why fix something thats not broken case here with the p4p+ screen.

So far, NO ISSUES WHATSOEVER with my P4P AND P4P PLUS... BUT

I rather have a bright screen than a slightly bigger screen that is in my way and have to put a hood or an umbrella and sun shades   so I can see better and locate where my bird is.

So far I did several updates, flew in different locations, different weather, windy or not with again with NO ISSUES.

I don't care about installing other apps so P4P Plus is perfect for me. The same thing goes for the MAVIC PRO. For pleasure or for a quick shoot I use the MAVIC PRO and again NO ISSUES what so ever for the past 2 months.

2017-1-9
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rodger Posted at 2017-1-9 04:33

My pleasure... Sometimes it is hard for people to accept changes. they rather be in their cocoon but if we do that we will never grow, adapt and advance.

2017-1-9
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sunny051488 Posted at 2017-1-9 09:26

Sorry, I am not following you. are there issues with the iPad Mini4 and the P4P+
2017-1-12
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ePetLicensing.c Posted at 2017-1-9 16:09
My pleasure... Sometimes it is hard for people to accept changes. they rather be in their cocoon but if we do that we will never grow, adapt and advance.

I don't have issues with the new display as most of the reports are positive. I have had good luck with the Mini4 and I find it to be the perfect size. The screen can be a bit of a struggle in bright sunlight.
2017-1-12
Use props
sunny051488
lvl.2
United States

rodger Posted at 2017-1-12 04:39
Sorry, I am not following you. are there issues with the iPad Mini4 and the P4P+

no one has complained about running the dji go 4 app on an ios device. I've only seen issues with the p4p+. issues being lag and app crashing.
2017-1-12
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rodger Posted at 2017-1-12 04:42
I don't have issues with the new display as most of the reports are positive. I have had good luck with the Mini4 and I find it to be the perfect size. The screen can be a bit of a struggle in bright sunlight.

I second that... I have been using the P4P+ for quite some times now as I crossed the 500,000 feet travel with NO problem from video to, screen freezing, to update issues NONE.

About MINI4, I still use it with my P4P when it is cloudy weather or late afternoon and when NOT in a hurry.
P4P + in bright sun light is  a MUST...
2017-1-12
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sunny051488 Posted at 2017-1-12 11:40
no one has complained about running the dji go 4 app on an ios device. I've only seen issues with the p4p+. issues being lag and app crashing.

I have not heard of any issues with an IOS Device. I have with the new display and the P4P+. They will resolve whatever is happening. They always do.
2017-1-13
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ePetLicensing.c Posted at 2017-1-12 11:47
I second that... I have been using the P4P+ for quite some times now as I corssed the 500,000 feet travel with NO problem from video to, screen freezing, to update issues NONE.

About MINI4, I still use it with my P4P when it is cloudy weather or late afternoon and when NOT in a hurry.

It is winter here now and I am going. to wait it out and let things settle in during that period.
2017-1-13
Use props
sunny051488
lvl.2
United States

rodger Posted at 2017-1-13 04:25
I have not heard of any issues with an IOS Device. I have with the new display and the P4P+. They will resolve whatever is happening. They always do.

yes they normally do, just pointing out facts that currently, using an ios device and running the app is a flawless experience but the + with the screen is worth it if one can wait for the firmware fixes.
2017-1-13
Use props
perryb
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rodger Posted at 2017-1-12 04:39

I am using the P4p+ .Sorry should have been more clear .
2017-1-13
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules