3592 34 2016-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drmerlin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am extremely disappointed by the poor quality control that seems evident with the new P4P+.

I took delivery of mine yesterday. These are the issues that I have had so far:-

1. Difficulty activating the new aorcraft with my account. This took several attempts before it was finally done.
2. DJI GO software dropped out twice. I had to restart everything before it finally connected.
3. Cannot calibrate the Tx. The software asks mne to move the Tx around in a figure of 8 but this makes no difference.
4. Video feed is very patchy... A bit like what happens just before you lose video signal regardless of whether I choose 2.4 or 5.6 MHz.
5. Gimbal glitches
6. The aircraft does not just sit in the air like the Mavic, P4 or Inspire does... It drifts left and right as well as up and down.
7. Frequent wind warnings even though the windspeed outside it about 2mph

I have had about 10 minutes flying time no higher than 100' and no further than about 300'. I simply do not trust this machine.

I notice on the forum that DJI reps keep asking people to send in flight data. Given that ALL of the problems I have reported have been reported by so mnay other people I think we need an urgent update from DJI or some kind of explanation from them.

I have never had problems with DJI products before... SAo far the P4P+ is an appalling mess and I would not advise anyone to touch it with a barge pole until the problems are resolved. I deeply regret selling my P4 now... The P4P+ will be going back after the New Year holidays and I will be seeking a full refund. I will buy it again at a later date when the numerous problems with it have been resolved.
2016-12-31
Use props
QiiFlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2999472 ft
  • >>>
United States

To be fair and honest I have a P4P and it is a dream. It hovers like a rock, even in wind up to about 10 mph (I live at the beach). Range is great, but my max distance is about 2000 meters. People are definitely seeing issues with both versions, but specific P4P + issues are the ones that seem to be the most detrimental to flying.
2016-12-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

My P4Pro is just fine, no problems setting it up, is a lot steadier than my Mavic in the wind, I get much more wind warnings on my Mavic than P4Pro, your just generalizing regarding people having problems, there are many more not having problems, it's just your on a forum where people with every small glitch will come here to air their grievances, the truth is all these machines take time to bed down as I'm sure you've seen if you've been on the Mavic forum. I'm sure it will all end up well. Good luck.
2016-12-31
Use props
Irishbogman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64318 ft
Ireland

Hi Drmerlin, the 4 Pro is my first drone and I am largely happy with it, lets see how my observations compare with yours

1. Difficulty activating the new aorcraft with my account.........................................................................................................................No issues
2. DJI GO software dropped out twice. I had to restart everything before it finally connected....................................................................No issues
3. Cannot calibrate the Tx. The software asks mne to move the Tx around in a figure of 8 but this makes no difference.............................No issues
4. Video feed is very patchy... A bit like what happens just before you lose video signal regardless of whether I choose 2.4 or 5.6 MHz.......Not none too much video work so cant comment
5. Gimbal glitches................................................................................................................................................................................No issues
6. The aircraft does not just sit in the air like the Mavic, P4 or Inspire does... It drifts left and right as well as up and down........................No issues
7. Frequent wind warnings even though the windspeed outside it about 2mph.........................................................................................Same problem, seems every time I fly there is a wind warning
8. Ill add focusing issues, maybe its because of my inexperience but focusing should not be a problem on a premium product like this, autofocusing should work right off.

Others might copy the template and amend to suit....Charles
2016-12-31
Use props
f3honda4me
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-12-31 04:15
My P4Pro is just fine, no problems setting it up, is a lot steadier than my Mavic in the wind, I get much more wind warnings on my Mavic than P4Pro, your just generalizing regarding people having problems, there are many more not having problems, it's just your on a forum where people with every small glitch will come here to air their grievances, the truth is all these machines take time to bed down as I'm sure you've seen if you've been on the Mavic forum. I'm sure it will all end up well. Good luck.

This is my experience as well. It's better than my p4 was. I love it.
2016-12-31
Use props
Langstonius
lvl.3
Flight distance : 218087 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Drmerlin, the 4 Pro is my first drone. Ive not had problems worth mentioning

1. Difficulty activating the new aorcraft with my account.........................................................................................................................No issues
2. DJI GO software dropped out twice. I had to restart everything before it finally connected....................................................................No issues
3. Cannot calibrate the Tx. The software asks mne to move the Tx around in a figure of 8 but this makes no difference.............................No issues
4. Video feed is very patchy... A bit like what happens just before you lose video signal regardless of whether I choose 2.4 or 5.6 MHz.......No issues
5. Gimbal glitches................................................................................................................................................................................No issues, sometimes need to adjust but not much
6. The aircraft does not just sit in the air like the Mavic, P4 or Inspire does... It drifts left and right as well as up and down........................No issues. no drift. people have commented in public how stable it is
7. Frequent wind warnings even though the windspeed outside it about 2mph.........................................................................................Not so much here and I fly in windy areas near San Pedro CA
8. I come from a production background so manual focus vs auto ... i always assumed manual focus. but i can see how people used to the way it was before would be annoyed.

I would add I experienced a controller crash (built in screen on mine) and had to restart the controller mid flight. Was freaked out but when the controller came back up, it reconnected and continued on normally.
2016-12-31
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am afraid that it has got even worse.... I took the P4P+ back to the dealer where I bought it from. They tested it thoroughly and agreed that it was a mess.

I then exchanged it for the DJI P4P because I thought that might resolve some of the video issues that I was experiencing which I suspect could have been to do with the android device and the unstable version of DJI GO installed on it. I charged up the nex aircraft and transmitter when I got home and started it up. I was asked to perform an IMU calibration... That just will not work. I get an IMU Failed warning and an error 22 repeatedly.... So P4P Number two will be returned to the dealer on Tuesday when we will try again.....
2016-12-31
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Received the P4 PRO Plus 4 weeks ago,  Like the P4 PRO from last week.  
1- Unboxed -

2- Charged RC and Battery  

3 - Left Aircraft outside for 1/2 hour (2 C. without the battery)  

3- Turned RC on, signed to DJI.  

4- Turned AC (DO NOT UPDATE)  

5- Initialized IMU (Must follow step and images to the letter! or don't come back ). FLAT LEVELED SURFACE - Success. Turn off RC and Ac.  

6- Turn RC / AC back on ( DO NOT UPDATE)  6- Did AUTOMATIC GIMBAL CALIBRATION - Success - Turn off RC and AC  

7 - Turn RC / AC back on, PLUG  THE DONGGLE FROM RC TO the Aircraft  and click DOWNLOAD - It will download and update both in less than 10 miutes.  

8- Turn RC/ AC off - Wait few minutes - Turn RC/ AC on, then did COMPASS CALIBRATION - (remote away, keys, phone ext... away from aircraft) finish calibration and...  UP...  UP... and AWAY

Already flew over 110,000 feet with NO PROBLEM, NO DISCONECT, 10 BELOW ZERO, 35 MILES WIND AND used all the options looks great....  

GOOD LUCK!

2016-12-31
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Drmerlin Posted at 2016-12-31 19:10
I am afraid that it has got even worse.... I took the P4P+ back to the dealer where I bought it from. They tested it thoroughly and agreed that it was a mess.

I then exchanged it for the DJI P4P because I thought that might resolve some of the video issues that I was experiencing which I suspect could have been to do with the android device and the unstable version of DJI GO installed on it. I charged up the nex aircraft and transmitter when I got home and started it up. I was asked to perform an IMU calibration... That just will not work. I get an IMU Failed warning and an error 22 repeatedly.... So P4P Number two will be returned to the dealer on Tuesday when we will try again.....

I think there was a FW update to address the error 22. You might try that first.
2016-12-31
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks you so much to all of you who have responded to my original post. It is very gratifying to hear that my P4P experience is probably exceptional. I have certainly not given up on the P4P. Having had a Phantom Vision Plus, An Inspire 1, a Phantom 3, a Phantom 4, a Mavic Pro and a reasonably elaborate Osmo set-up I have not experienced any problems that have prevented me from flying or film-making before my experiences of the last couple of days.

I will keep everyone updated regarding what happens next....
2016-12-31
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2016-12-31 19:31
I think there was a FW update to address the error 22. You might try that first.

I have read the thread on Error 22 and it was not at all helpful. The first thing that was required when I connected the aircraft was an FW update which I did. Of course there is always the possibility that the latest update has reintroduced the Error 22 problem...
2017-1-1
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2016-12-31 19:31

Hi again. Thank you for your advice.

When I first started the aircraft I was asked to do an update, which I did. I then tried the IMU calibration several times with no success. I had also tried placing the aircraft in the garden (about 2C degrees) for an hour... Nothing.

This morning I tried the IMU calibration again and got the usual Error 22 message. It was only at this point that I received another message to update the FW. I did this and tried the IMU calibration again. This time I had no problems!

I really have no clue why the update message did not appear until this morning. I have had DJI drones since the Phantom 2 Vision Plus so I do not think I was making a rookie mistake....

Never mind. The important thing is that all seems to be sorted for now. Sadly it is pouring with rain here so it looks unlikely I am going to be able to get out and play today

Thank you to everyone who took the time to comment and offer suggestions. Your help has been very much appreciated.
2017-1-1
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-12-31 04:15

Hi. Of course you are quite right. Forums are likely to magnify the problems that are out there.

I am pleased to tell you that I appear to have resolved my issues with the P4P. Sadly the weather is horrible where I am so it will not be until tomorrow when I go out and have a test fly.

Many thanks for your support. Have a happy New Year and great flying in 2017....
2017-1-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Drmerlin Posted at 2017-1-1 04:07
Hi. Of course you are quite right. Forums are likely to magnify the problems that are out there.

I am pleased to tell you that I appear to have resolved my issues with the P4P. Sadly the weather is horrible where I am so it will not be until tomorrow when I go out and have a test fly.

Great job, very happy 2017 to you to.
2017-1-1
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I flew the P4P for the first time today. Sadly, I am still extremely disappointed. Video feed drops out occasionally, still getting that extremely annoying and inaccurate wind speed warning and, most concerning of all, lost radio and video contact about 2000' out. The aircraft did an automatic RTH but I did not regain contact with the aircraft again until it was about 1000' away. I immediately flew the same route using my Mavic Pro. Flew double the distance without a hitch!

I am sure that DJI will sort out the P4P but, right now, it is still full of bugs and I do not trust it. I sold my P4 to buy this. I never had any issues whatsoever with the P4. At present I am regretting selling the P4... I have swapped an excellent aircraft for a complete dog
2017-1-2
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drmerlin Posted at 2017-1-2 07:05
I flew the P4P for the first time today. Sadly, I am still extremely disappointed. Video feed drops out occasionally, still getting that extremely annoying and inaccurate wind speed warning and, most concerning of all, lost radio and video contact about 2000' out. The aircraft did an automatic RTH but I did not regain contact with the aircraft again until it was about 1000' away. I immediately flew the same route using my Mavic Pro. Flew double the distance without a hitch!

I am sure that DJI will sort out the P4P but, right now, it is still full of bugs and I do not trust it. I sold my P4 to buy this. I never had any issues whatsoever with the P4. At present I am regretting selling the P4... I have swapped an excellent aircraft for a complete dog

Are you using the 2.4ghz or 5.8ghz frequency?
2017-1-2
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

trance728- Posted at 2017-1-2 07:09
Are you using the 2.4ghz or 5.8ghz frequency?

Hi, I have tried both. I think the aircraft was set to 5.8ghz at the time. I thought that the 2.4 versus 5.8 was about video feed rather than the frequency for the radio connection....
2017-1-2
Use props
fanse5c75c2f
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

QiiFlight Posted at 2016-12-31 04:00
To be fair and honest I have a P4P and it is a dream. It hovers like a rock, even in wind up to about 10 mph (I live at the beach). Range is great, but my max distance is about 2000 meters. People are definitely seeing issues with both versions, but specific P4P + issues are the ones that seem to be the most detrimental to flying.

Glad to see some positive feedback on this craft.  Can you tell me if you have seen an improvement in the quality of photos/jpegs?  I have a 3Pro and want better quality still shots.  
2017-1-2
Use props
Drmerlin
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fanse5c75c2f Posted at 2017-1-2 11:29
Glad to see some positive feedback on this craft.  Can you tell me if you have seen an improvement in the quality of photos/jpegs?  I have a 3Pro and want better quality still shots.

Despite my worries about the aircraft, I can confirm that the video and photograph quality is excellent. It is very frustrating because I bought this particularly because of the 20MPS RAW stills images. I simply do not know if I have a substandard machine or whether future updates will resolve my various problems....
2017-1-2
Use props
QiiFlight
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fanse5c75c2f Posted at 2017-1-2 11:29

I shoot Raw stills  and they come out great! I use Affinity to convert to jpeg or combine AEB shots into dramatic HDR photos. The camera has a great dynamic range and the adjustable aperature is immensely helpful.
2017-1-2
Use props
OutandAbout
lvl.1

Australia

I bought the Phantom 4 Pro Plus for my first drone and I am disappointed.  I managed to update the firmware on the quadcopter but I cannot get the remote controller to work.
2017-1-6
Use props
Hendo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104495 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

OutandAbout Posted at 2017-1-6 02:16
I bought the Phantom 4 Pro Plus for my first drone and I am disappointed.  I managed to update the firmware on the quadcopter but I cannot get the remote controller to work.

Can you explain what you did and what the issues are, there are plenty of people here who can help you.
2017-1-6
Use props
OutandAbout
lvl.1

Australia

I bought the Phantom 4 Pro Plus for my first drone and I am disappointed.  I managed to update the firmware on the quadcopter but I cannot get the remote controller to work.  The customer service at DJI is also extremely disappointing.
2017-1-9
Use props
OutandAbout
lvl.1

Australia

Hendo Posted at 2017-1-6 02:32
Can you explain what you did and what the issues are, there are plenty of people here who can help you.

Thank you and DJI informed me that they would replace the drone as the remote controller is not working and they have not done so.
2017-1-9
Use props
sunny051488
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183891 ft
United States

QiiFlight Posted at 2016-12-31 04:00

have you seen the constant high wind warnings that literally everyone has been seeing?
2017-1-9
Use props
sunny051488
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183891 ft
United States

Drmerlin Posted at 2017-1-2 07:05

in the same boat as you, i sold my P4 in anticipation of buying the P4P but i will now wait for the P5 after seeing countless issues in the quality of this new product.
2017-1-9
Use props
jetforce
lvl.3
Denmark

ePetLicensing.c Posted at 2016-12-31 19:26
Received the P4 PRO Plus 4 weeks ago,  Like the P4 PRO from last week.  
1- Unboxed -

+1 no problems at all.

one wind warning, but that was flying at wind speed 9 ms  / 20 mph

2017-1-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sunny051488 Posted at 2017-1-9 09:34
in the same boat as you, i sold my P4 in anticipation of buying the P4P but i will now wait for the P5 after seeing countless issues in the quality of this new product.

If you owned a P4 then you would have seen the same problems when that was released, and if you wait for P5 it will be the same with that, it's par for the course with these products, there are many many more P4Pro out there working great than the few you see on a forum which lots of people come to complain.

You mention wind warnings as an owner of a P4 you got no wind warnings because this was not available on P4.  But rather than just scrapping what is an over sensitive warning, dji are continuing to try to solve this problem, (it is having no effect on flying) and they will, just like they did with the teething problems on the P4.

Those who are real enthusiastic about this hobby are able to accept these minor problems because they know that in a short space of time just like the P4 they will be sorted. So yes wait for P5 but you will also have teething problems with that.
2017-1-9
Use props
Tommy Tenzo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33051 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drmerlin Posted at 2016-12-31 19:10

I've had two P4 Pros now and they both have had almost all of the glitches you mentioned. My phantom 4 worked flawlessly. So it is disappointing.
2017-1-9
Use props
Ipecactus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25489 ft
United States

1. Difficulty activating the new aircraft with my account. This took several attempts before it was finally done......I wish I had problems activating. I activated just fine, put it away for a few days and then discovered I couldn't purchase DJI care refresh without assistance from customer support.
2. DJI GO software dropped out twice. I had to restart everything before it finally connected... no dropouts
3. Cannot calibrate the Tx. The software asks mne to move the Tx around in a figure of 8 but this makes no difference.... was not prompted to calibrate
4. Video feed is very patchy... A bit like what happens just before you lose video signal regardless of whether I choose 2.4 or 5.6 MHz...... I had patchy video too. Not sure if it was my Nexus 7 or poor antenna positioning or something else.
5. Gimbal glitches ... no issues
6. The aircraft does not just sit in the air like the Mavic, P4 or Inspire does... It drifts left and right as well as up and down.... mine has been super steady.
7. Frequent wind warnings even though the windspeed outside it about 2mph ... no wind warnings

I have only flown twice, under 50 and never more than 1000 feet. Still in beginner mode, waiting to go to the desert next week to get familiar with the bird.
2017-1-9
Use props
QiiFlight
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

sunny051488 Posted at 2017-1-9 09:29
have you seen the constant high wind warnings that literally everyone has been seeing?

I have had the warnings when the were warranted. I fly close to the beach sometimes and there is always wind, but I have only had the warnings when the aircraft is truly fighting the wind. I have flown in every mode in multiple places and when there is no wind, I get no warnings.
2017-1-9
Use props
method007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

sunny051488 Posted at 2017-1-9 09:29

I get them too.  It's no big deal, it's not like it prevents flight or taking video or something.
2017-1-9
Use props
E.finlay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1868366 ft
United States

Mine was bad out of the box.. Returned it,with a DJI UPS ticket, at the slow boat to China rate, still waiting for them to work on it.
2017-1-9
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jetforce Posted at 2017-1-9 09:46
+1 no problems at all.

one wind warning, but that was flying at wind speed 9 ms  / 20 mph

Am with you... People don't understand that when flying even at 100 feet you might have wind gust that you don't feel down at 10 or 20 feet.

I rather have a warning than later crying and claiming or I LOST MY DRONE don't know what happened... drifted away...

That is why the FAA wants you to take the 107 test so you know what you are controlling... It is not a toy anymore and a lot of variables might affect the drone and it fly.
2017-1-9
Use props
csjoshi
Banned

India

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules