Flyaway!
549 0 2016-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thatdaveguy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7710 ft
United Kingdom

[size=14.6667px]So i had my first brown trouser moment today. Before a flight i had a battery error pop up on my screen. Turned everything off, and then bac[size=14.6667px]k on, still got the error. At this point i noticed that the two middle LEDs were lit on the battery. Swapped over to a (previously used and depleted to 20%) battery. That fired up with no error. Installed the initial battery and this time got the all clear, all 5 LEDS lit. Checked the status in the app, all cells were at the same voltage, everything was gr[size=14.6667px]een and rosey so i just figured it was "one of those" lol. Conditions were cold, but abo[size=14.6667px]ve freezing.

[size=14.6667px]Sent my Mavic off on a trip around 2000ft. Perfect line of sight, no obstructions wh[size=14.6667px]atsoever to do a loop around a local monument and back. On the return trip i started getting random obstacle warnings around 100ft above a field ( the sun was behind the drone). This happend about 5 times then it just went nuts and started flying backwards...totally unresponsive to control inputs. RTH button did nothing, id previously read that shutting off the controller would initiate RTH. Once my controller powered back on, it hadnt initiated RTH, but it had stopped the flyaway. Guided it back to me and landed safely. A member on another forum suggested battery firmware, but im pretty sure the app wont let you fly with inconsistent firmware, so it must have been upto date
Yes i probably should have investigated the source of the error a little more thoroughly before i flew, i guess i almost learned the hard way!

[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]http://healthydrones.com/main?share=CoNezi is the link for the flight.

2016-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules