Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My Fancy-pants New Phantom 4 Aerial Reel
943 11 2016-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all,

Well, I set a goal to make my demo reel before the end of 2016, and after a 60-hour marathon edit (yes, I LITERALLY edited for 60 hours WITHOUT SLEEP. Never done that before, I don't plan on doing that again), I am happy to post the demo reel for your consumption.  I also composed and performed every note and drum beat of the music in the video.  

I wish I lived in an area that has as many dramatic locations as I have seen in many of your demo reels.  I need to start exploring to find cool new locations.

Please take a look, and since this is my first demo reel, I am open to hear your thoughts.  This reel will be a "living document" and will be updated every time I find a better location.  So your input will help.  That said, if you just love it, no critique's necessary :-)

And finally, YES, I know that a 6 minute demo reel is probably too long.  But I am keeping this one long and working on a shorter edit, about three minutes.

Anyway, Happy New Year, and I look forward to hearing your feedback.
Matt

2016-12-31
Use props
gvgeorge
lvl.2
United States

Nice work, thanks for posting.

It's especially useful, I think, for those of us still new to aerial cinematography to see it done well.
2017-1-2
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

gvgeorge Posted at 2017-1-2 08:30
Nice work, thanks for posting.

It's especially useful, I think, for those of us still new to aerial cinematography to see it done well.

Thanks gvgeorge,  I was starting to wonder if my video stunk since a bunch of people took a look and no-one commented.  

I have only owned my drone for five months, this is my first demo reel.  So thanks again for saying it was done well.  This is still all very new to me.

Take care,
matt
2017-1-2
Use props
JACKODOG-ANDROI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 208383 ft
United States

Very Nice!
2017-1-2
Use props
Old Guy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106447 ft
United States

Nice work. Thanks for sharing.
2017-1-2
Use props
tightlines0804-
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48599 ft
United Kingdom

Enjoyed watching that,Nice work
2017-1-2
Use props
J1000
lvl.1

United States

Very nice! Nice flying, clean edit, and great job on the music! Thanks for sharing.
2017-1-2
Use props
tmiddle3
New

United States

Very Impressive!  I am brand new to drone photography and I aspire to be able to take shots like that.

2017-1-2
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice!Good Job!
2017-1-3
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

For what it is worth, I've updated the video quite a bit since I originally posted it here.  Music improvements, many scene changes, a lot of subtle editing revisions.  The link is the same (at the top of this thread).
2017-1-19
Use props
Jetpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70748 ft
United States

Awesome shots and editing.
2017-1-19
Use props
Adam Flurk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 425466 ft