1472 13 2016-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 222244 ft
  • >>>
United States

[size=14.6667px]For crying out loud !!!!!!

[size=14.6667px]I have owned and used a P3P since it came out.... never a single issue with it, even after I crashed it once... rock solid and reliable.

[size=14.6667px]So I got excited about the Mavic Pro, ordered it and waiting two months to get it. It showed up with a defective gimbal. Went back and forth with DJI support until I was asked to send it in for a replacement. Three weeks later, I get my replacement and the gimbal works but the GPS receiver is defective as it keeps losing GPS for no reason when in flight - even when 14 satellites are visible in open fields. So I'm asked to send it back, yet again. I say no way and DJI is going to refund my money when it gets back to them (or so they say)

[size=14.6667px]So I decide to stick with the reliable, proven, Phantom series and purchase a Phantom 4 Pro.

[size=14.6667px]I activate about 5 minutes ago and.... guess what? Wait for it.... wait for it...... it's DEFECTIVE!!!!! Getting all sorts of vision sensor and vision system errors (and, yes, all clear protector stickers have been re
[size=14.6667px]moved)

[size=14.6667px]What..... the..... HECK!?! Can't these people actually test anything any more?????

[size=14.6667px]I've now got $2800 tied up in two drones that cannot fly right out of the box.... not to mention the $99 I flushed down the toilet on DJI care for the Mavic that they're going to refund my money on.

[size=14.6667px]At least I bought the P4P from B&H Photo so I can just send it right back to them instead of having to deal with DJI

2016-12-31
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

See my post, just lost mine, 1 day old, second flight, and ive been doing this for 10 years now.
2016-12-31
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you calibrate the vision sensors?
2016-12-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Did you update firmware, what app are you using, there are stuff your suppose to do as you well know if you have owned p3, now maybe you have done this stuff but it reads and sounds like you just took it out of the box and plugged it in and took a screen shot. If your just looking to complain that's fine, if your looking for help maybe more substance..

2016-12-31
Use props
Langstonius
lvl.3
Flight distance : 218087 ft
  • >>>
United States

i wonder if some of these are getting abused in the shipping process. And I thank the gods every day i dont deal with customer support!
2016-12-31
Use props
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-12-31 08:36
Did you update firmware, what app are you using, there are stuff your suppose to do as you well know if you have owned p3, now maybe you have done this stuff but it reads and sounds like you just took it out of the box and plugged it in and took a screen shot. If your just looking to complain that's fine, if your looking for help maybe more substance..

Yes.  First thing updated FW on both aircraft and controller.  Even did FW again and the error went away but reappeared wile in flight.

Also noticing the aircraft won't connect correctly to Windows do download video files.   no matter what I do, it just shows as USB drive with no media - on three different computers!   Of course it worked to upgrade the FW!

If I take the microSD card out and put it in a computer I can read it ok.
2016-12-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It's always going to be best, to download the drones videos directly from the micro sd card in the computer.

Wouldn't have it any other way... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-12-31
Use props
user1c2605e346
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Calibrate the vision sensors i had this error after fw upgrade. Calibrated it went away...yes its a pain. But what can ya do
2016-12-31
Use props
fansa10d16a7
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

user1c2605e346 Posted at 2016-12-31 19:53
Calibrate the vision sensors i had this error after fw upgrade. Calibrated it went away...yes its a pain. But what can ya do

Thank you.   I did recalibrate the sensors and the errors stopped.  Although I still can't get the unit to let me plug a USB cable and be able to download videos or photos.  Have to take the card out.
2017-1-2
Use props
Ipecactus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25489 ft
United States

fansa10d16a7 Posted at 2017-1-2 08:41
Thank you.   I did recalibrate the sensors and the errors stopped.  Although I still can't get the unit to let me plug a USB cable and be able to download videos or photos.  Have to take the card out.

Micro USB cables often lose the ability to transfer data while still maintaining the ability to be used as a charging cable. Try using a new micro USB cable.
2017-1-2
Use props
OutandAbout
lvl.1

Australia

#I bought a brand new Phantom 4 Pro Plus for my first drone and I am disappointed.  I managed to update the firmware on the quadcopter but I cannot get the remote controller to work and the DJI customer service is atrocious.Quick Reply Here#
2017-1-9
Use props
OutandAbout
lvl.1

Australia

I bought a brand new Phantom 4 Pro Plus for my first drone and I am disappointed.  I managed to update the firmware on the quadcopter but I cannot get the remote controller to work and the DJI customer service is atrocious.
2017-1-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

OutandAbout Posted at 2017-1-9 04:03
I bought a brand new Phantom 4 Pro Plus for my first drone and I am disappointed.  I managed to update the firmware on the quadcopter but I cannot get the remote controller to work and the DJI customer service is atrocious.

Did you update firmware on RC.
2017-1-9
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United States

Watch this video and use step 2 , updating the RC through DJI go

2017-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now