Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Recorded flight data vs real time data
623 0 2016-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scottbg1
New

United States

Hi guys,

New Mavic owner, new forum member and first time post.
First let me say I have been in RC for over 10 years. Most of that time was flying helis.
I have had quad experience for over a year. My first quad was a Yuneec Q500 with no crashes or incidences.
I have had my Mavic for a little over 2 weeks and have logged 10 flights.
I have had zero issues until today.

I took it up this morning to test some camera settings I had been playing around with.
Once everything was booted up I instantly got a warning about mag interference.
I have flown this particular spot for most of my flights and this is the first time I have received such a warning.
I thought maybe it was a high KP index as it is a moderately clear day here today so I just decided to leave the craft sitting on a platform and test the camera from the ground and fly another day.
After about 2 minutes the warning went away and the GO app gave me a green light to fly.
Just to be safe I shut down and restarted the craft and the RC and I got a green light out of the gate.

I took it up just a few feet and just hovered while I monkeyed around with the camera.
I noticed the that gimbal started to turn in a downward position by itself and it had a very bad yaw drift to the right. It has ALWAYS been rock solid on any other flight.
I allowed it to drift almost 180 degrees then I gave a corrective input to put the heading back to what it was at takeoff and I brought the camera back up to to level. The camera remained level and the  drift stopped and remained stable for the rest of the flight, which was only a couple of minutes.
I didn't fly away from the original takeoff spot because I was a little spooked.
I finished my camera test and I shut it down.

I logged into HealthyDrones to see if it gave any indication of the what might have happened.
The GPS data showed a strong (green) connection the entire time, but the signal strength score was zero.
I looked back on every flight that I have logged since owning the Mavic and to my dismay I discovered that every single flight showed a very poor signal strength. Most were zero with the highest score being 24.8.

I would never fly unless the app gave me a green light to do so. The quad that I owned before I never flew with less than 12 SATs connected as thats the only indication of any kind of connection that I had with it.  I've never noticed less that 14 SATs connected on the Mavic. I know SAT connection has nothing to do with RC signal, I am just throwing that in there.
My point being is that according to HealthyDrones I shouldn't have been flying, yet the GO app gave me a pass.

Am I misunderstanding the HealthyDrones data?
Do I have a problem with the Mavic?

I love this machine and I don't want to risk it or possible injury to anyone by flying stupid.
Please help.

I checked to KP index here today and it is zero.
There is a cell tower nearby where I flew today, but the other flights that showed a bad result in the past as well, I was in a rural area far away from any possible interference.
I am using the DJI GO 4 app.
Samsung Note 5 fully updated.
It's worth mentioning that I get the same green lights on Litchi as well.

Thanks in advance.

2016-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules