Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal rotating SIDEWAYS
3330 14 2016-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Armando AM
Aruba

Hi there,

I've just purchased my p4p and I'm loving the quality of this product. But unfortunately I encountered an issue with my gimbal. Every now and then the gimbal rotates sideways in mid air. It wasnt too windy that day. In this video you can see what happens. Is it a firmware issue or the drone itself?? Hope someone can help me explain the problem.
Kind regards,

Armando

https://youtu.be/N0Bwzl6jHgA
2016-12-31
Use props
trance728-
First Officer
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

Whoa that's trippy. Definitely the gimbal and not the drone, you wouldn't see that big of a change with the drone and the gimbal would actually correct for that. That's definitely not a normal behavior. Have you tried doing a gimbal calibration?
2016-12-31
Use props
Armando AM
Aruba

trance728- Posted at 2016-12-31 16:25
Whoa that's trippy. Definitely the gimbal and not the drone, you wouldn't see that big of a change with the drone and the gimbal would actually correct for that. That's definitely not a normal behavior. Have you tried doing a gimbal calibration?

Thanks for the reply, I just did an imu calibration and compass too. Will try to fly it tomorrow to see how it goes.
2016-12-31
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Flight distance : 5892388 ft
Cyprus

Armando AM Posted at 2016-12-31 16:38
Thanks for the reply, I just did an imu calibration and compass too. Will try to fly it tomorrow to see how it goes.

Yes, exactly the same problem, even after IMU calibration and Gimbal calibration.
2017-1-1
Use props
KrisMinnear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6428340 ft
  • >>>
United States

My P4 does that also, but only in Sport mode.  It happens when I rotate while trying to maintain a heading.  I typically just write it off as getting shot at.
2017-1-1
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Cyprus

You can see the video below. Is this is normal for the famous Phantom 4 Pro???
2017-1-1
Use props
Armando AM
Aruba

kykphantom Posted at 2017-1-1 11:02
You can see the video below. Is this is normal for the famous Phantom 4 Pro???https://youtu.be/Eiii9J8GJZM

Yes thats exacly the issue I get too. Still no idra why its happening. My guess is its a design flaw when it flies sideways against the wind you get the issue. But thats only for when you go with the right side. The left, front and back seeems fine when i go against the wind.
2017-1-1
Use props
kykphantom
Captain
Cyprus

Armando AM Posted at 2017-1-1 19:13
Yes thats exacly the issue I get too. Still no idra why its happening. My guess is its a design flaw when it flies sideways against the wind you get the issue. But thats only for when you go with the right side. The left, front and back seeems fine when i go against the wind.

Any news from DJI about this problem?
2017-1-7
Use props
Con Seannery
lvl.1

United States

kykphantom Posted at 2017-1-7 12:25

Did you write them: support@dji.com and tell them about the issue - send them links and logs if they request them?
2017-1-7
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

kykphantom Posted at 2017-1-7 12:25

There's a 'limp gimbal' issue posted a couple of times on this forum. The result is similar to your videos, except the the gimbal doesn't right itself and stays 'limp'. In one of those threads, a DJI rep did advise that the engineers were working on a fix for the next firmware. This is the first time I recall DJI having actually accepted an issue, so I hope that a positive change in their online presence from here.
2017-1-7
Use props
Armando AM
Aruba

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-1-7 13:46
There's a 'limp gimbal' issue posted a couple of times on this forum. The result is similar to your videos, except the the gimbal doesn't right itself and stays 'limp'. In one of those threads, a DJI rep did advise that the engineers were working on a fix for the next firmware. This is the first time I recall DJI having actually accepted an issue, so I hope that a positive change in their online presence from here.

Thanks for the reply
2017-1-7
Use props
Lebowski
New

Switzerland

Sorry for digging up this thread but for some reason I am not allowed to make my own. I have seen a lot of videos very similar to the one in the opening post and also experienced this myself when flying. They all seem to have one thing in common, the drone always flies from left to right when this gimbal tilt happens, so I had to take a closer at my drone. I think I may have found a design flaw..
http://imgur.com/a/kZqz6
2017-5-28
Use props
Sebi
First Officer
Flight distance : 5089226 ft
Poland

Exactly the same problem :-(

2017-5-28
Use props
Notchiro
New
Flight distance : 2134911 ft
United States

I am also getting this. I just bought a phantom 4 pro a week ago and this is happening but I'm am going back to the store and exchanging it for a new unit. Hopefully this will fix this issue.
2017-7-13
Use props
BrianKushner
Captain
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another well known issue called GIMBAL FLIP...DJI has yet to concur that issue...
2017-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules