Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Starting s fight on DJI forum
1105 20 2016-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

I'm a newbie here. I've flown electric heli's for years so I don't feel like I'm totally in the dark here when it comes to the world electronica.
As I waited for my Phantom 4 to arrive, I went online and read the manual, watched around 1,000 vids and joined the DJI forum.
I read so much that when I did get my  P4 my brain was chocked with info.
SO.....when you pro's hit someone with the.....RTFM you have no idea just how degrading that statment is.
I have had no probs with my P4 so there is no panic in my posts. We need to understand that for some folks $1,000 or more is a huge amount of cash.
I think that if you respond to someone begging for a great experiance with their drone you need to firstt calm them down.
Explane that on this forum these same problems have been addressed and fixed, ( sometimes with a lot of effort) with .the help of forum members.
I think that RTFM should not be tollerated here.
Every time I've seen RTFM, a  clash happens. RTFM is a slap in the face.
As for folks posting.....Don't start out with "this thing is a piece of crap" It demeans those of us who are having no probs at all and say's you guy's are ideots for buying
this piece of crap.
From wht I have seen, DJI folks here on the forum try to be very helpful. With electric Heli's......you are on your own. When your $1500.oo Heli hits the ground and does the flipping chicken dance, You are on your own. You're aircrafe if nothing but a heep of carbon fiber junk.
What DJI has here on this forum is way better then anything I have ever seen.
Anyone would hate having to send their new toy off right off the bat to be repaired. After all, we got this thing because we wanted to fly and any delay seem too much to handle.
So....slow down, take a deep berath and don't, PLEASE DON'T HAND SOMEONE THE GAUNTLET AND SAY......RTFM
If you respond to someone having trouble, Be there for them first.
DOWN WITH...........RTFM

2016-12-31
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

very good points, i myself refrain from sayin rtfm. but do think it at times when the simplest question is askd.  like how to go up or how to go fwd. but i ether give a civil ans. or just siply dont reply.. i am a electronic tech my dad was one at Northrop  (an Aerospace co.).
2016-12-31
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
United States

very good points, i myself refrain from sayin rtfm. but do think it at times when the simplest question is askd.  like how to go up or how to go fwd. but i ether give a civil ans. or just siply dont reply.. i am a electronic tech my dad was one at Northrop  (an Aerospace co.). there so many things not in manual that ppl have exhausted that thin few page pamphlet
2016-12-31
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
United States

P.S. think the pros know what it takes its the wanabe pros that talk crap
2016-12-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

There is something missing with people buying a higher end hobby class drone, and TOO BUSY to RTFM!!

Read The Flight Manual!! Is there a problem, not in your language perhaps? Probably only wrong with your way of thinking? It might seem to be simple flying a Phantom, but there are a 'tonne' of things to know and understand fully. Many parameters that are usually user friendly.

Everything between Take Off and Landing. Haha

RedHotPoker
2016-12-31
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

I will not comply with your pc snowflake censorship request.

Your forum etiquette needs some work, I'm sure there's some sort of guide or book somewhere, so maybe RTFM

2016-12-31
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-31 13:24
There is something missing with people buying a higher end hobby class drone, and TOO BUSY to RTFM!!

Read The Flight Manual!! Is there a problem, not in your language perhaps? Probably only wrong with your way of thinking? It might seem to be simple flying a Phantom, but there are a 'tonne' of things to know and understand fully. Many parameters that are usually user friendly.

Oh. So that's what RTFM means. I've been getting it wrong all this time.   ;-)
2016-12-31
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

At least you read the manual before you got your aircraft, so you were ahead in that regard. The problem is the only qualification needed to buy a Phantom is money, and there is no qualification to owning money either.
2016-12-31
Use props
Teamfour
lvl.2
Flight distance : 440988 ft
  • >>>
United States

You could have read the manual once more in the time it took to make your post.
2016-12-31
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

Would it be easier just to dd a forum rule that prohibits product bashing of any type. No matter what the product.  Wer're all here really just to get help understanding the tech.  I know some people sound very negitive but most are desperate.  They need to know right off the bat that these drones and their techknowledgy are sometimes.....fussy.  Be stright up and tell them...This might take some time to fix and then point out the great sucsess rate of this forum.  See, I have not been here long but I read a lot of threds and it seems that nearly all of them are resolved....Way to go you guy's. Remember, It takes a lot to be on the line before a dude will ask for help...Any how....Thanks from me for all the help I've gotten here so far.
2017-1-1
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Odan Posted at 2017-1-1 13:10
Would it be easier just to dd a forum rule that prohibits product bashing of any type. No matter what the product.  Wer're all here really just to get help understanding the tech.  I know some people sound very negitive but most are desperate.  They need to know right off the bat that these drones and their techknowledgy are sometimes.....fussy.  Be stright up and tell them...This might take some time to fix and then point out the great sucsess rate of this forum.  See, I have not been here long but I read a lot of threds and it seems that nearly all of them are resolved....Way to go you guy's. Remember, It takes a lot to be on the line before a dude will ask for help...Any how....Thanks from me for all the help I've gotten here so far.

That would be fine, but some people just come here to bash. It is their first post and they lead with their chin. Moderators are paid to deal with that rubbish, the rest of us are not. I have no time for this type of person.
2017-1-1
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

I think it is fairly easy to tell the difference between someone who has read the manual and does not understand certain things as opposed to someone who has not read the manual and thinks the Phantom must be broken, why won't someone just answer his questions.  The ones who don't understand something, yes, them I have no problem helping.  The ones who want someone else to do the work for them, I let them flounder.  Not very often do I see a question posted that has not been asked and answered a dozen times.  People not only refuse to read the manual, they refuse to do a search before posting the question.  Those of us who have been here a while sometimes tend to get a bit impatient with such people.  Understanding works both ways.  And, telling someone who has not read the flight manual to rtfm is actually very good advice.  Because otherwise, they will soon have another issue which is in the manual.  Then another.  RTFM should be the first answer given in most cases.
2017-1-1
Use props
TSAT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149101 ft
United States

LOVE MY PHANTOM 3 ADVANCED. AND I READ THE FLIGHT MANUAL. NO IN THE MANUAL DID IT SAY THAT DJI WAS NOT GOING TO MAKING THE PHANTOM 3 ADVANCED ANYMORE? OR THAT THEY CANT GARANTY THAT THEY WILL HAVE THE PARTS FOR A P3A IF NEEDED? HAD IT 3 WEEKS NOW, AND IF SOMETHING HAPPENS ? YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN?
2017-1-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

TSAT Posted at 2017-1-9 17:28
LOVE MY PHANTOM 3 ADVANCED. AND I READ THE FLIGHT MANUAL. NO IN THE MANUAL DID IT SAY THAT DJI WAS NOT GOING TO MAKING THE PHANTOM 3 ADVANCED ANYMORE? OR THAT THEY CANT GARANTY THAT THEY WILL HAVE THE PARTS FOR A P3A IF NEEDED? HAD IT 3 WEEKS NOW, AND IF SOMETHING HAPPENS ? YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN?

Stop putting about stupid rumours. There is no suggestion that parts for the P3 will not be avaialbe, they still make parts for the P2.
2017-1-9
Use props
TSAT
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-9 18:07
Stop putting about stupid rumours. There is no suggestion that parts for the P3 will not be avaialbe, they still make parts for the P2.

I DID NOT SAY THAT!!!!!!!1 I SAID I TALK TO DJI AND THAT THEY SAID THEY CAN'T PROMISS THEY WILL HAVE PARTS!!!!!!!!!!!  NOT A STUPID RUMOUR!!!!!! IF IT IS? THEN DJI TOLD IT!
2017-1-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

TSAT Posted at 2017-1-9 18:27
I DID NOT SAY THAT!!!!!!!1 I SAID I TALK TO DJI AND THAT THEY SAID THEY CAN'T PROMISS THEY WILL HAVE PARTS!!!!!!!!!!!  NOT A STUPID RUMOUR!!!!!! IF IT IS? THEN DJI TOLD IT!

Trun off your caps lock and stop shouting. I don't care what the DJI people told you on the phone, they are known for making stupid statements.
2017-1-9
Use props
Stinky711
lvl.2
United States

TSAT Posted at 2017-1-9 17:28

You might have read the flight manual but not the forum rules, after all this thread is not about Phantom production.
2017-1-9
Use props
TSAT
lvl.2
United States

AlecW Posted at 2017-1-9 18:38
Does your computer / device have a manual?   If so would you please learn how to turn caps off.  Thank you

I LIKE CAPS SMART A*(
2017-1-9
Use props
TSAT
lvl.2
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-9 18:37
Trun off your caps lock and stop shouting. I don't care what the DJI people told you on the phone, they are known for making stupid statements.

TURN ON YOUR SPELL CHECK!!!!!  I LIKE CAPS IF YOU DONT LIKE IT? DONT READ IT!! I'M NOT SHOUTING. I'M WHISPERING
2017-1-9
Use props
TSAT
lvl.2
United States

TSAT Posted at 2017-1-9 18:45
TURN ON YOUR SPELL CHECK!!!!!  I LIKE CAPS  IF YOU DONT LIKE IT? DONT READ IT!! I'M NOT SHOUTING. I'M WHISPERING

Sorry, is this better ?
2017-1-9
Use props
Ipecactus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25489 ft
United States

TSAT Posted at 2017-1-9 18:47
Sorry, is this better ?

Yes, thank you.
2017-1-9
Use props