Flying at night
1887 9 2015-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info.kingdom-cr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 153734 ft
United Kingdom

We are very happy with our Insipre 1 - our first job for it was flying at night, filming a glow in the dark car - you can see the results on the film here -

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/12/8027065/glow-in-the-dark-car-nissan-leaf

We knew it was going to be a challenge to get any reading in the very low light, but the proof is in the used footage, which worked well as part of the finished film.

We are selling our old (unreliable) S800 and F550 now, the Inspire 1 suits the way we work so much better - more professional tool, less hobbyist!

A really great bit of kit, looking forward to flying it on the next job!
2015-2-14
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

Pretty cool!

Note to self: Don't rob a bank and use this Nissan as my getaway car!
2015-2-14
Use props
tonyrawlings.gm
lvl.1

United States

Congrats!!!!
2015-2-14
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Wicked cool !
2015-2-14
Use props
dbeck.promobox
lvl.4

United States

Right.  Except its now expressly forbidden by the FAA to fly these at night.  Sun up to sun down. Fly at your own risk.
2015-2-15
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dbeck.promobox Posted at 2015-2-16 01:31
Right.  Except its now expressly forbidden by the FAA to fly these at night.  Sun up to sun down. Fl ...

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I read the new proposed regulations is you can't fly *commercially* at night. Hobbyists are not covered by the new regs.
2015-2-15
Use props
dbeck.promobox
lvl.4

United States

Thats not how I read it.  Anyone else read it this way?  BTW, If I had a commercial night shoot what could I do???
2015-2-15
Use props
Roddy1
lvl.1

Canada

Abe Posted at 2015-2-16 03:49
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I read the new proposed regulations is you can't fly * ...

hehehe trying to get by with a technicality :-)

The reasoning is line of site for WHOEVER is flying a drone . . . pro,  hobbyist, or penticostal . . . no see'm means no fly'm !
2015-2-15
Use props
dbeck.promobox
lvl.4

United States

Thats's what I thought as well
2015-2-15
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Roddy1 Posted at 2015-2-16 07:48
hehehe trying to get by with a technicality :-)

The reasoning is line of site for WHOEVER is flyi ...

Well, technicality or not, keep in mind that none of this will take effect for probably 18 months to two years, after public comment and Congress turns it into law. A lot can happen between now and then. Also, "The new FAA proposal doesn't apply to hobbyists. The agency already issued a policy for recreational use, with rules calling for flying less than 400 feet high and within sight of the operator, while keeping clear of other aircraft and notifying air-traffic control when flying within 5 miles of an airport."

Within sight of the operator is not the same as prohibiting night flights. The lights on the aircraft allow you to keep it in sight.
2015-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules