Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bennyboy1983
lvl.3
Flight distance : 141089 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Firstly, Happy New Year to all......

I finally took delivery of my fresh p4 pro and straight away out the box when the gimbal does its warm up, on the final bit of this the gimbal moves the camera down and back up and it sounds like it's catching the ribbon cable inside..... it's quite a worry hearing this every time, and if you move it by hand it's got some resistance too.

Secondly, I have loads off warnings relating to battery temperature ( on all my batteries at room temp ) AND I'm getting CONSTANT wind warnings even though there's zero wind, even indoors I'm getting this....

Can anyone shed some light?. Cheers
2017-1-1
Use props
HellStream
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1370771 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Hi there. I´m having the same ribbon cable issue and i was told to return it to the dealer. The wind warning is a common issue. It´s too sensitive, so no need to worrie about that. They probably fix it in next firmware update.
2017-1-1
Use props
Bennyboy1983
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HellStream Posted at 2017-1-1 05:47
Hi there. I´m having the same ribbon cable issue and i was told to return it to the dealer. The wind warning is a common issue. It´s too sensitive, so no need to worrie about that. They probably fix it in next firmware update.

Return it lol, I've only just got it..... just wish their checks would of seen this. Typical
2017-1-1
Use props
Bennyboy1983
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

**UPDATE** Gimbal noise is sorted, removed cap on end of gimbal covering ribbon cable and there was a sharp edge on inside of casing, so I've polished this off and gave the inside and underside of ribbon cable a tiny drop of Vaseline with a cotton bud and BINGO no clicking noise!!!..... So just the warnings to sort out now :-)   
2017-1-1
Use props
Bayguy69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944275 ft
Puerto Rico

Bennyboy1983 Posted at 2017-1-1 06:42
**UPDATE** Gimbal noise is sorted, removed cap on end of gimbal covering ribbon cable and there was a sharp edge on inside of casing, so I've polished this off and gave the inside and underside of ribbon cable a tiny drop of Vaseline with a cotton bud and BINGO no clicking noise!!!..... So just the warnings to sort out now :-)

Good job! Now is time to fly!
2017-1-1
Use props
Bennyboy1983
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bayguy69 Posted at 2017-1-1 06:54
Good job! Now is time to fly!

Not in the UK it's not lol!, rain rain rain.
2017-1-1
Use props
BKendrew
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Bennyboy1983 Posted at 2017-1-1 07:58
Not in the UK it's not lol!, rain rain rain.

After reading about your gimbal clicking noise fix I just checked out mine, and I can just faintly hear a tiny clicking noise.  It does not seem to inhibit gimbal movement.  Now I'm wonder if I should do the fix as well.  How did you do it?  Seems like the method would be to but on gimbal guard and remove two screws and remove the cover.

Does the cover come off easily after the screws are removed?  Did the gimbal cover screws have Loctite on them?

Gimbal Side Cover

Gimbal Side Cover

Gimbal Side Cover

Gimbal Side Cover
2017-1-1
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

We would not recommend that you remove the side cover.  
2017-1-1
Use props
BKendrew
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2017-1-1 08:20
We would not recommend that you remove the side cover.

thanks.  it seems not to be an issue .  Can just barley hear the clicking noise and it moves smoothly.  Is the faint clicking noise normal?
2017-1-1
Use props
Bennyboy1983
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My gimbal was making a very loud clicking noise!!, and I'm dammed if I'm sending it in for ten mins work!, after waiting ages for it I can't justify it sorry!. I've built many quads and rebuilt lots of gimbals so it's no harm for me to remove 4 screws.

2x small screws on outside cover and 2x inside the cover and the ribbon guard comes out easy. Poor of DJI as this would definitely make the ribbon short lived.

So DJI Admin, when will the wind warnings be sorted with Firmware? Seems a massive issue with most.

Apart from that I'm blown away how fresh it seems in the air, photos so far seem good and it's better at night too.
2017-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules