ipad mini 2 / tablet question GPS
995 7 2017-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HWKIDD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22877 ft
United States

Have a question for those that are using a ipad mini 2  with your Mavic,  I am considering going to a Tablet for a little larger view,    Do you have gps on your Ipad?   with phone service, or just runing wifi,   I have  heard that some of the features of the Mavic will not show up on this,  is this true,   All of my stuff now is Android,  but   have see a few post, with postive things about the mini,   want it to fit in the Mavic transmitter,  do not want to mess with more stuff,   I am open for suggestions of what you use, and why you perfer it over something else,  thanks in advace,  Ron
2017-1-1
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

The mavic get GPS by their self, the iPad can also get GPS
2017-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you can stretch it iPad mini 4 i would recommend you will be able to run maps of wifi or hotspot with phone or you can cache maps, the new app Ground Station will also run better on the 4 if your running iOS 8 or later.
2017-1-4
Use props
Mavrick
lvl.2
Jamaica

You can also use an iPad without a Sim and just set your phone as a Wifi Hotspot.  That way the iPad can attach to it and use the 4G data.

2017-1-4
Use props
HWKIDD
lvl.3
United States

thanks for the imput,  but picked up a mini 2 at a very low price, 32gb,  verizon  for under 100.00 bucks with keyboard, so I guess
I am going to play with this, for a while, and see how it works,  anyone have pointers for settings?  This unit is going to be used
with the Mavic only,   so should I remove any of the preload programs,   or should I ad anything other than the dji go4 app,  again,
thanks in advace,
2017-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HWKIDD Posted at 2017-1-4 15:46
thanks for the imput,  but picked up a mini 2 at a very low price, 32gb,  verizon  for under 100.00 bucks with keyboard, so I guess
I am going to play with this, for a while, and see how it works,  anyone have pointers for settings?  This unit is going to be used
with the Mavic only,   so should I remove any of the preload programs,   or should I ad anything other than the dji go4 app,  again,

Ground station Pro.
2017-1-4
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

I have a Mini 4 with WiFi.  Perfect.  I don't miss the tablet GPS.  I'd only miss it as I don't use Follow Me, and if I wanted to use that I'd connect my iPhone on that one occasion.
2017-1-4
Use props
HWKIDD
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-4 13:46
If you can stretch it iPad mini 4 i would recommend you will be able to run maps of wifi or hotspot with phone or you can cache maps, the new app Ground Station will also run better on the 4 if your running iOS 8 or later.

ended up with a mini 4,   do you know  anything about  settings,  like turning off debugging, or what ever,  when I get it set up and updated, when the camera comes on I get only 1/4 screen pictures  and the rest is blury in and out solid green,   I read in here someplace the settings needed, but  can not find it now, and I am  a android person not a ios so its all new to me,  thanks in advance Ron
2017-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules