Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro with DJI Go 4 app show wrong heading in map view
2979 12 2017-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdJI
lvl.1
Hong Kong

I am using Mavic Pro with DJI Go 4 app (Android). I found when i play Mavic Pro, the DJI Go 4 app show wrong heading in map view (radar). Does DJI help me to solve it? Thanks!

2017-1-2
Use props
Guido Merelli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3441542 ft
  • >>>
Italy

the problem seems to be the transmitter that generates the magnetic field disturbing the compass of the device. I have the same problem with iphone 6 s
2017-1-2
Use props
Pierre35
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117881 ft
Malaysia

Same here. My heading for Mavic in the apps pointing at random angle and can't be use to determine the correct heading. I think DJI should also use the GPS information in the handphone relative to Mavic Pro GPS location and movement of the drone to get a more solid heading instead of just rely on the compass.
2017-1-2
Use props
SBT1979
lvl.2

Spain

Guido Merelli Posted at 2017-1-2 15:01
the problem seems to be the transmitter that generates the magnetic field disturbing the compass of the device. I have the same problem with iphone 6 s

I have the same problema, the compass and map, rotate 15-20º right always...please fix this issue...
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please clarify what mobile device you are using? Have you tried to calibrate the compass on your phone? If convenient, please make a short video of this issue. I'll help to report it.
2017-1-3
Use props
Guido Merelli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3441542 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hello Mindy cellphone use is a iphone 6s and when coupling the radio compass app on dji you bust signaling the north out of phase and so the red arrow points to the right location of Mavic. I think it's due to the magnet of the radio joistic
2017-1-5
Use props
Magic Mavic Fly
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yep, same problem here.  Galaxy s7 edge.  It's definitively something in the transmitter interfering with the phone compass.  Even with the transmitter turned off, putting the phone in the transmitter holding arms makes the map rotate to a completely wrong heading (heading of map is OK when NOT in the transmitter arms .  Its something in the transmitter interfering with the compass? - the joystick mechanism?? which I think I read is magnetic?? Here's a couple of photos which show what happens.

phone away from transmitter

phone away from transmitter

phone in transmitter arms

phone in transmitter arms
2017-1-7
Use props
Magic Mavic Fly
lvl.1

United Kingdom

OK! Just found a potential solution.  When I place my phone the other way up (ie rotate it through 180 deg) the magnetic interference goes away!  Unfortunately the micro usb port is then on the wrong side, but you can connect the phone via a usb cable to the usb port underneath the transmitter.  The compass on my G S7 edge must be towards the left edge (ie the edge normally directly adjacent to the transmitter).  Turning the whole thing through 180deg must move the phone compass far enough away from the transmitter to enable it to function OK again.  Not that convenient though....!  
2017-1-7
Use props
Magic Mavic Fly
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Here is a pic of the S7 edge board showing that the compass (the red square) is  at extreme the top left of the phone (ie right next to the transmitter when mounted using the side cable).
2017-1-7
Use props
Magic Mavic Fly
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Sorry! Here is the pic.
MainBoard_S2-1081.png
2017-1-7
Use props
fansdJI
lvl.1
Hong Kong

I use Samsung G7 edge and Note 3. Both have the problem (have tried ther port at left side and USB port). Try rotate 180 degree, the heading in map view on S7 edge is ok but Note 3 still have the problem. But when i place both phones 1-2 inchs away the remote (use USB port connect), both show correct heading in map view.
2017-1-9
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

Hi Guys, just sold my Spark and get a Mavic Pro. On Spark, I do not have this matter, but I just notice this matter on my Mavic yesterday. Is there any real answer about this yet? If the radar map heading is not correct, will it affect the RTH function? Thanks.
2018-6-11
Use props
Ken Storm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

Would a possible solution be to calibrate the compass on the phone whilst it is attached to the controller?
2018-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules