Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Slendermouse
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37444 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,
I am struggling to get a smooth sweep/pan when recording video on my Osmo+
The Osmo is on a tripod, I am using the Go ap and a finger on ipad screen - not physically attached to the Osmo.
I have it so that after I touch the screen and the blue circle appears, I move my finger very slightly and hold to get a nice slow pan/sweep, but....
It always starts off great but gradually gets faster or starts to drift up or down.
Its NOT a fault with the Osmo, its my unsteady finger on the screen with how slow I want the sweep.

Trying to slow pan a room, from corner to corner.

Is there anyway that I can:
1. lock it so it will only go side to side not up and down (when on a tripod doing a pan)
2. do an automated pan between set points (like the motion time lapse)
3. improve the my manual pan technique. (tried a rubber tipped pencil instead of finger)

Thanks  

2017-1-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, I tried mine but didn't find the accelerating issue you mentioned. Tapping with finger moves the gimbal smoothly as long as I don't lift my finger.

You can reduce the joy stick gimbal speed in DJI Go's setting, and use joy stick for the panning instead.
2017-1-2
Use props
Slendermouse
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37444 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Thor,
Thanks for the reply.
Its not a fault of the Osmo, its me not being able to keep my finger perfectly still once the super slow sweep starts.
That's why I was inquiring about an auto pan from point a to b
Cheers again
2017-1-4
Use props
fans96d6d04d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 888333 ft
United States

Slendermouse Posted at 2017-1-4 04:33
Hi Thor,
Thanks for the reply.
Its not a fault of the Osmo, its me not being able to keep my finger perfectly still once the super slow sweep starts.

I bought a Osmo + and had the same problem. I used the joystick and had the speed set to 7. It would start out nice and then it would kinda stutter. It was a intermittent issue, ended up taking the Osmo back to where I bought it and they said they would look at it. They had it a few days and after numerous calibrations it still kept doing it.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I havent gone back just yet to pick it up but it the new one does the same thing it will go right back for a refund.

Rchjr
2017-1-4
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.3

United Kingdom

fans96d6d04d Posted at 2017-1-4 11:37
I bought a Osmo + and had the same problem. I used the joystick and had the speed set to 7. It would start out nice and then it would kinda stutter. It was a intermittent issue, ended up taking the Osmo back to where I bought it and they said they would look at it. They had it a few days and after numerous calibrations it still kept doing it.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Just a couple of things to check and try. Shutter angle (the relation between FPS and shutter speed) can be a factor in giving you a smooth pan. Secondly, make sure to use a Pro spec high speed SD Card, particularly if you are shooting 4K.
Cheers
2017-1-4
Use props
fans96d6d04d
lvl.3
United States

LensmanDave,

I am shooting 4k and 30 fps with a shutter of 60. I always have my shutter speed twice the frame rate.  I am seeing the stutter movement live as it is happening, not in post. i should have said that before.

Thanks,

Rchjr
2017-1-4
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.3

United Kingdom

fans96d6d04d Posted at 2017-1-4 15:13
LensmanDave,

I am shooting 4k and 30 fps with a shutter of 60. I always have my shutter speed twice the frame rate.  I am seeing the stutter movement live as it is happening, not in post. i should have said that before.

I think everyone will be seeing stuttering in the live preview. It's because of lag in the WiFi connection. As long as the recorded video is smooth, you're good to go.
cheers
Dave
2017-1-5
Use props
fans96d6d04d
lvl.3
United States

That I can understand, but it also shows up in post. I first noticed it live on the iphone, then when I was post processing it was there as well. I took it back to where I bought it and they said they had never seen or heard of it. They are going to give me another one I just havent gone over there and gotten it yet. Hopefully the new one wont have the same problem.

Rchjr
2017-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules