Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't connect to gps
3080 7 2017-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gjmski33
New

United States

New pilot here.    I've done all the startup instructions in the manual.  Done all the calibrations    Can fly in atti mode however I can not connect to any satellites and fly in p mode.    Anything I've maybe not done to enable a gps lock????  Help!!!
2017-1-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If your Phantom has a good view of the sky but no sats, it sounds like either your GPS unit is disconnected or non-functioning.
2017-1-2
Use props
Gjmski33
New

United States

So how easy is it to inspect gps unit inside.   Could it be a software issue that I could fix somehow
2017-1-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Gjmski33 Posted at 2017-1-2 18:29
So how easy is it to inspect gps unit inside.   Could it be a software issue that I could fix somehow

If it's new and can't find satellites, I'd be looking at a replacement.
But if you wanted to open it up (not quick and easy for a P3 or 4), there is a connection from the GPS unit to the mainboard that would be the first thing to look at to see if it's loose.
Apart from that there's not much you can do.
If it's not the connection it sounds like a defective unit.
2017-1-2
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

You are not trying to do this indoors are you? You need to be outside to see satellites.
2017-1-2
Use props
Gjmski33 7
New

United States

Yea I'm in the middle of a huge field and still can't sniff even one satellite        It's a brand new bird so I'm gonna take it back.   It's a standard   Might just go ahead and upgrade to the advanced while I'm at it.  
2017-1-3
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Gjmski33 7 Posted at 2017-1-3 18:34
Yea I'm in the middle of a huge field and still can't sniff even one satellite        It's a brand new bird so I'm gonna take it back.   It's a standard   Might just go ahead and upgrade to the advanced while I'm at it.

That would be a good move.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Gjmski33 7 Posted at 2017-1-3 18:34

Did you get in touch with our tech support? If you have any further query, please feel free to let me know.
2017-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules