BEGINER MOD
1525 16 2017-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Horus
lvl.2

Canada

Hello i was wondering if you fly the phantom 3 standard just with the controler is the Quad in beginer mod example i took my Quad out using only the controler i did a what some call phantom dance i put controler on gps mode and it olds nice but i cant go higer then 100 feet and maybe 100 across.
Can someone  tell me if thats normal . story is i took camera off because i didnt want to damage the camera i wanted to practice flying without it before doing all the things with the dji app and camera.

2017-1-2
Use props
WigglyWally
lvl.1
United States

I may not be correct, but it seems that beginner mode is enabled by default, and you may have to connect your drone to the DJI Go app and disable it from there in order to remove the restriction, although I may be incorrect so please don't quote me on that.
2017-1-2
Use props
Horus
lvl.2

Canada

WigglyWally Posted at 2017-1-2 17:22
I may not be correct, but it seems that beginner mode is enabled by default, and you may have to connect your drone to the DJI Go app and disable it from there in order to remove the restriction, although I may be incorrect so please don't quote me on that.

ok thanks you for your reply
2017-1-2
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Horus Posted at 2017-1-2 17:32
ok thanks you for your reply

WigglyWally is quite correct.
2017-1-2
Use props
Horus
lvl.2

Canada

so you saying that if i reinstall camera back on turn on the app disable beginner mode take off cameras and go only with controller it will remember that its not in beginner mode all the time or are you saying that without camera and app it will always be in beginner mode just to be clear
2017-1-2
Use props
WigglyWally
lvl.1
United States

Yes it most likely would, although might I ask why you don't want to use the DJI Go app?
2017-1-2
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

Horus Posted at 2017-1-2 18:11
so you saying that if i reinstall camera back on turn on the app disable beginner mode take off cameras and go only with controller it will remember that its not in beginner mode all the time or are you saying that without camera and app it will always be in beginner mode just to be clear

I never pulled my camera off. But I don't see why it would be stuck in beginners mode. Although if you turn off beginner's mode once in the DJI GO App, it should stay off forever until you toggle it back on again, regardless of whether the camera is connected or not.
2017-1-3
Use props
Horus
lvl.2

Canada

Hello i pull the camera because i didn't want to damage the thing its very cold here in Montreal i fly the drone at -4 -5 degrees im in a school parking lot there no snow on the ground in the parking lot just some patches of ice but i was afraid to damage camera so i took it of and just wanted to fly the drone without it for now till weather gets better I would of like to see DJI have this option of removing camera and just go solo . if i add my Dji app there no camera it will not show me nothing nor if its in GPS mode the app is useless without camera ill re plug camera and disable beginner mode and see what happens
2017-1-3
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Horus Posted at 2017-1-3 08:21
Hello i pull the camera because i didn't want to damage the thing its very cold here in Montreal i fly the drone at -4 -5 degrees im in a school parking lot there no snow on the ground in the parking lot just some patches of ice but i was afraid to damage camera so i took it of and just wanted to fly the drone without it for now till weather gets better I would of like to see DJI have this option of removing camera and just go solo . if i add my Dji app there no camera it will not show me nothing nor if its in GPS mode the app is useless without camera ill re plug camera and disable beginner mode and see what happens

I believe you would still get telemetry (distance,altitude,battery%,GPS cords.,warning messages...) also the map screen would still work if need to get back home if LOS is lost, and also the drone icon to show orientation.
2017-1-3
Use props
Horus
lvl.2

Canada

Hi when the camera is not connect to the quad and you use the app it will not connect meaning the apps says that its not connecting to qua the menu is ll disable you  an do anything with the app at all
Im using an I phone don't know if using android phone if it will be the same thing. I did notice that wen you turn on the app then connect the phantom the light will blink and that's it you cant do nothing with app calibration mui is all down. but you can control the quad with controller but cant go more then 30 meters across and about the same going up.
I reinstalled camera and all is back to normal
So in my conclusion without camera my quad stays at beginner mode.
hope someone else that tried this can come up with there experience and share it here so i can better understand the phantom 3 ST
2017-1-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And by removing the camera that has probably voided your warranty.
2017-1-3
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

Horus Posted at 2017-1-3 16:23
Hi when the camera is not connect to the quad and you use the app it will not connect meaning the apps says that its not connecting to qua the menu is ll disable you  an do anything with the app at all
Im using an I phone don't know if using android phone if it will be the same thing. I did notice that wen you turn on the app then connect the phantom the light will blink and that's it you cant do nothing with app calibration mui is all down. but you can control the quad with controller but cant go more then 30 meters across and about the same going up.

Wow if you had taken it out of beginner's mode with the App and then removed the camera. I would think it would be still out of beginner's mode. But you are saying it doesn't?
2017-1-3
Use props
fans913aa526
lvl.2

Puerto Rico

Horus Posted at 2017-1-3 16:23

Hi Horus,
Just turn Beginners mode off, now that you have the camera installed. Your Phantom will keep the settings when you remove the camera. I have three P3Ss. Two of them without cameras. They fly their full range. I keep the one with camera in perfect condition only for video and photo. The others two for practicing and having fun. The P3S flies much better without the weight of the gimbal and camera. You get longer flight times. The motors run cooler. Mi advise; practice flying in Atti mode and keep your quad in line of sight so you keep orientation.
2017-1-3
Use props
Horus
lvl.2

Canada

fans913aa526  yes i will try that as well see how high it goes on gps mode I will also be flying it atti mode just makes me nervous to see it move so much with little wind lol but i dont have a choice but to try and not let it scare me, as for the warrantee so be it i will have to pay to fix it not like i paid 1000 plus for it. and if its not hardware issue it will be pilot error warrantee will not mater anyways.
2017-1-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Horus Posted at 2017-1-3 18:26
fans913aa526  yes i will try that as well see how high it goes on gps mode I will also be flying it atti mode just makes me nervous to see it move so much with little wind lol but i dont have a choice but to try and not let it scare me, as for the warrantee so be it i will have to pay to fix it not like i paid 1000 plus for it. and if its not hardware issue it will be pilot error warrantee will not mater anyways.

You are just asking for trouble trying to learn to fly without the camera.
It's a very foolish thing to do.
Rather than making things safer, it's making it a lot harder and more risky.
You can't see all the telemetry and error messages that make flying safer and easier.
Put your camera back on and use the features that DJI put there to help you and you might have some idea What your Phantom is actually doing instead of guessing.

Would you learn to drive a car or fly a plane by blacking out the windscreen and covering the speedometer and instruments?
That's what you are trying with your Phantom.

And use GPS while you are at it.
2017-1-3
Use props
Horus
lvl.2

Canada

OK THANKS ILL KEEP IT IN MIND
2017-1-3
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

Horus Posted at 2017-1-3 20:57
OK THANKS ILL KEEP IT IN MIND

Keep us updated. As I am very interested in this. Anything to make the Phantom lighter. I also wished for a battery with about half of the weight.
2017-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules