Sudden Switch to ATTI (GPS = >10 Sat FIX !
1239 10 2017-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Looks like there's no clear Fix on this issue but to ground the Mavic for now.

I got this issue and ALMOST lost the mavic...

DJI XXX Gurus are silent on this aside from collecting logs.. and thats it !  Any Advisory ? like fly within LOS and open field as of now?

Does IMU recal fix this ?  New FW ?

Pls let us know
2017-1-2
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

lol nice picture. Try a downgrade in dji assistant 2, then reset the defaults. Restart the vm or rig and upgrade the firmware. Seems to be what's working.
2017-1-2
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

thehippoz Posted at 2017-1-2 19:23
lol nice picture. Try a downgrade in dji assistant 2, then reset the defaults. Restart the vm or rig and upgrade the firmware. Seems to be what's working.

Can you pls give me the details ?

TIA
2017-1-2
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Install the assistant 2 on your pc or mac. Connect your drone to the computer with a usb cable. It should show you what version of firmware you have. Downgrade to the original firmware and then reset the defaults when it finishes. Restart the rig and run it again. Upgrade to the 1.32
2017-1-2
Use props
Respecognize
lvl.1

United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-1-2 21:29
Install the assistant 2 on your pc or mac. Connect your drone to the computer with a usb cable. It should show you what version of firmware you have. Downgrade to the original firmware and then reset the defaults when it finishes. Restart the rig and run it again. Upgrade to the 1.32

whats the point to this? Where are the facts that show that this helps?
2017-1-2
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

You want me to downgrade and upgrade back again?
2017-1-3
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
  • >>>
Philippines

Any solid advise from DJI Gurus here ?
2017-1-8
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

The number of GPS satellites is a bad indicator for the quality of signal. You can have 20 satellites connected and still not be able to dtermine the current position. That is why the GPS indicator comes with a signal strength indicator which you should look at instead of the number of satellites. What does this indicator say when you play back the flight?
2017-1-8
Use props
gibbd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18980 ft
United Kingdom

Dronoob Posted at 2017-1-8 03:47
The number of GPS satellites is a bad indicator for the quality of signal. You can have 20 satellites connected and still not be able to dtermine the current position. That is why the GPS indicator comes with a signal strength indicator which you should look at instead of the number of satellites. What does this indicator say when you play back the flight?

Dronoob,

Where can you view this signal strength indicator please    Both whilst flying, and during playback.  Id like to view what mine was like during my first flight    Thanks
2017-1-8
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

gibbd Posted at 2017-1-8 04:07
Dronoob,

Where can you view this signal strength indicator please    Both whilst flying, and during playback.  Id like to view what mine was like during my first flight    Thanks

When you start the DJIGO4 app there is a kind of compass icon on the start screen. It is in the bottom left corner above the string "disconnected". Tap on this icon and you will see your flight logs. You can select the appropriate flight and replay it. In the top bar you will see the GPS status icon during flight, It shows a satelite, a number and the "quality of signal" bar.
2017-1-8
Use props
gibbd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18980 ft
United Kingdom

Dronoob Posted at 2017-1-8 04:28
When you start the DJIGO4 app there is a kind of compass icon on the start screen. It is in the bottom left corner above the string "disconnected". Tap on this icon and you will see your flight logs. You can select the appropriate flight and replay it. In the top bar you will see the GPS status icon during flight, It shows a satelite, a number and the "quality of signal" bar.

Ahhhh got you. Thanks    I misunderstood what you were meaning. I already knew about that. I thought you were referring to a different set of signal strength information.  Appreciate the clarification though. Thanks you
2017-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules