Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Decisions... P4P or Inspire 1 V2.0
1176 11 2017-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shockwave
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27274 ft
United Kingdom

OK, so I've had my P4P for a couple of weeks now, but the gimbal has started to click on initialisation and no longer reaches its lower endpoint without sticking first, so looks like my gimbal is going the same way as many others..... so my decision is now... do i get a P4P replacement, or sepnd a bit more and get the inspire 1 V2.0?

Anyone have both? and have any thoughts on the Inspire 1 V2.0?

2017-1-3
Use props
Skyclip
Second Officer
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi Shockwave!

That mainly depends what you want to do with it. Inspire 1 RAW is absolutley stunning in Video, interchangable Lenses etc.
P4P is doing great stills with 20MP and is much more portable.

Your Avatar is saying "Professional Fireworks Display Company", you need a Drone for that kind of business?
2017-1-3
Use props
Shockwave
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Skyclip Posted at 2017-1-3 01:14
Hi Shockwave!

That mainly depends what you want to do with it. Inspire 1 RAW is absolutley stunning in Video, interchangable Lenses etc.

It's my hobby more than a business tool to be honest, although I do film some of my displays. To be honest a good 1080P video is good enough. What I'm after is a solid / reliable platform with which to fly. While my P4P is amazing, it was maybe a little premature to go for it soon after its release, and I worry about the life of my gimbal now, so whilst I'm in 30 days of purchasing it, I thought I'd start to look at the alternatives. I'd even consider going to the P4 too, but like I said the dual IMU and compass was a big factor in me going for the P4P.
2017-1-3
Use props
Skyclip
Second Officer
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Shockwave Posted at 2017-1-3 01:23
It's my hobby more than a business tool to be honest, although I do film some of my displays. To be honest a good 1080P video is good enough. What I'm after is a solid / reliable platform with which to fly. While my P4P is amazing, it was maybe a little premature to go for it soon after its release, and I worry about the life of my gimbal now, so whilst I'm in 30 days of purchasing it, I thought I'd start to look at the alternatives. I'd even consider going to the P4 too, but like I said the dual IMU and compass was a big factor in me going for the P4P.

In that case, get your P4P replaced. My P4P is doing great till now, i.e. shot several 360° Panos with Autoflight, works great. Also tried flying indoors, stable as a rock.
For hobby kind of use, its way too much money to invest in an Inspire 1 in my opinion.
You should also consider, that the Inspire is way bigger then the P4P. My P4P fits perfectly in the Manfrotto Backpack with 3 Batteries for remote locations and "always carry on".
You could never do that with the Inspire that easy.

2017-1-3
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Skyclip Posted at 2017-1-3 01:39
In that case, get your P4P replaced. My P4P is doing great till now, i.e. shot several 360° Panos with Autoflight, works great. Also tried flying indoors, stable as a rock.
For hobby kind of use, its way too much money to invest in an Inspire 1 in my opinion.
You should also consider, that the Inspire is way bigger then the P4P. My P4P fits perfectly in the Manfrotto Backpack with 3 Batteries for remote locations and "always carry on".

I completely agree with this assessment. The P4P is more steady in the air than the Inspire and much more portable. I've carried both hiking and there is little competition there. Battery endurance on the P4P is lots better. The video output of the Inspire Raw is superior on cloudy days even if it is a hair less sharp. In good light, the P4P is perfect.  No simple answer. Depends on your usage.
2017-1-3
Use props
Shockwave
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Cheers guys... I've just been in contact with DJI Support and they admit this is a fault and asked me to instruct my retailer to ask them for a replacement. What is interesting is that the replacement should be from the "New batch" that has now had this problem fixed.

So hopefully in the next few weeks, I should have a replacement
2017-1-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Replied to your other thread.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-78735-1-1.html

RedHotPoker
2017-1-3
Use props
WYHSniper1007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

Of course P4P, inspire 1 2.0 camera quality is worse than P4P
2017-1-4
Use props
SHIPARCH
United States

I've also been debating the same for about a month now. The Inspire 1 V.2 with an X3 camera is $2000 at Best Buy or Amazon, the Inspire Pro Black with an X5 camera is $3800 on Amazon (you can get an Inspire 2 with an X4S for a similar price). I will be using this for photography and want a durable drone with a good camera, now I'm questioning durability on the P4P.

While the Inspire 1 is a cool looking drone its already 2 years old. The X3 camera is comparable if not a bit worse, IMO than that on the Phantom 4. Battery is less than 20 minutes and costs more than those on the P4P. Advertised range is also far less at around 1.5 miles compared to about 4 miles on the P4P. The Inspire comes with a nice big carrying case, I'd be scared to travel with it if I'm asked to check it by the airline though. The X5 camera I would say is comparable to the one on the P4P but it's pricey and so are the 3 lenses available. Now, if DJI had made it so that all future cameras and lenses on the Inspire series were compatible with the Inspire 1 I would have gone that route.

In my opinion the Phantom 4 Pro offers more at a lower price point. Now if they can get them to work properly out of the box with no hardware issues.
2017-1-4
Use props
RoadmasterD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 188527 ft
United States

Shockwave Posted at 2017-1-3 03:07
Cheers guys... I've just been in contact with DJI Support and they admit this is a fault and asked me to instruct my retailer to ask them for a replacement. What is interesting is that the replacement should be from the "New batch" that has now had this problem fixed.

So hopefully in the next few weeks, I should have a replacement

Excellent news.  Keep us updated on the exchange please.
2017-1-4
Use props
Shockwave
lvl.3
United Kingdom

The retailer had more stock delivered, but I've said I'd wait until they found out if this is the stock from the new "fixed batch".... but they've still not had an answer back, funny that, neither have I when asking on here if DJI have made changes to production. I'm beginning to think it's not true at all, and we're just been fobbed off. I'm happy to be corrected by someone though. If I don't hear that they have made changes then I'll be requesting a refund.
2017-1-5
Use props
Shockwave
lvl.3
United Kingdom

My replacement P4P will be delivered to me tomorrow. The retailer is unable to get DJI to answer whether indeed any changes have been made to the P4P's production line to fix the Ribbon Cable issue as I was told, so I guess they've not done anything, and it's a lottery whether you get a duff one or not.

Hopefull the one I receive tomorrow will be ok, but I will post and let you know.
2017-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules