Flight distance : 75056 ft
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-1-3
Use props
#LehuaTeam
lvl.1
United States

Yep DJI has the worst customer service I've ever dealt with, you would think that if every time you call you have to wait 30min to 1hr just to talk to someone that they would have more people on the phones. They really don't care about their customers though because right now they pretty much have the market cornered and can get away with it but as soon as another company comes out with drones as good as DJI's I'll be switching right away because their customer service is so bad.
2017-1-3
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

I've had a P4P+ and 2 Mavics.  They've all been defective in 1 way or another.  Waiting on the 3rd Mavic now (should have it Sunday & I'm holding my breath lol).

I used PayPal for them all, so that's a good start as far as protection.  I'm waiting on ALL of these refunds.  Getting DJI to acknowledge receipt of the drones NEVER HAPPENED until I filed a dispute WEEKS LATER (I'm patient & giving DJI the benefit of doubt).  But even then, I get an email that pretty says you're gonna have to wait until you finally escalate it to a claim.

Why treat customers like this, you ask?  THAT is what is hard-coded into that culture.  GO THERE in-person & it is the same thing.  "Hey, you guys flew me here, now what's the issue?"  I've wasted a 22 hour 1-way flight to China before for my employer - NEVER again!

The reality is that DJI is the only player right now on the board.  It makes no difference how much cash reserves they have, it's just a matter of time...  Remember Blockbuster Video?
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry for your experience, what is your email and I would like to review your flight.
What exactly happened during RTH that made the aircraft crash?
2017-1-3
Use props
KrAzYKrivda
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-3 09:25
I'm sorry for your experience, what is your email and I would like to review your flight.
What exactly happened during RTH that made the aircraft crash?

DJI-Ken,

I've posted this back when the crashed happened.

There are 2 RTH instructions.  The Mavic Manual appears correct.  The Go App Beginner's Tutorials, simulations, and even the In App controller prompts are inaccurate.

Manual:
5m or less - attempt to land
5-20m - ascend to 32 ft if not there, then home, then land
>20m - ascend to RTH altitude set, then return home, then land.

3 Other Sources Mentioned:
20m or less - attempt to land
>20m -   ascend to RTH altitude set, then return home, then land.

In flight, drone was recorded as 16 ft from home and 9ft high.  Low battery warning triggered RTH.  Prompt said, that i was within 20M from home location, and drone will attempt to land.  Instead, drone ascended, flew forward, then crashed into limb until propeller broke causing drone to fall and arm to break off when hitting ground.

If drone had "attempted to land" as prompt mentioned, it would have had safe landing.  I would like to add, that when it was headed towards the trees, I gave DOWN commands on controller which can be seen in flight playback, however the drone was unresponsive.  If it had responded, I could have avoided the collision.

My email is Charlie@CharlieKrivda.com.

In the end, I've received an email saying it IS covered under warranty, but my case still is not reflecting this.

If you are able to help end this saga in any way that would be extremely appreciated.
2017-1-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

KrAzYKrivda Posted at 2017-1-3 09:37
DJI-Ken,

You can contact them through the app here on the opening page by phone or email this is direct for service.
2017-1-3
Use props
KrAzYKrivda
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-3 09:53
You can contact them through the app here on the opening page by phone or email this is direct for service.

I'm not sure I fully understand?

I've contacted DJI directly numerous times.  I'm still waiting to hear back from them once again.  Also, calling in, it says the phone lines are technically down.  And I did speak with someone via chat today and posted that "wonderful" conversation in OP.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

KrAzYKrivda Posted at 2017-1-3 09:37
DJI-Ken,

I'm looking at your flight and it looks like you landed away from you which reset the home point.
The battery was at 17%, you should not have taken off with the battery that low.

Which other sources does it state that less 20m it will descend. It is like that for the older aircraft (P4, P3, I1)
To me it looks like user error.This is from the Mavic manual.

Capture.JPG
2017-1-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

KrAzYKrivda Posted at 2017-1-3 09:57
I'm not sure I fully understand?

I've contacted DJI directly numerous times.  I'm still waiting to hear back from them once again.  Also, calling in, it says the phone lines are technically down.  And I did speak with someone via chat today and posted that "wonderful" conversation in OP.

First page when your joining the forum , there are options, click on more then dji service you will get options phone North America, email for North America, you can also track your repair status . You may already be using this..
2017-1-3
Use props
KrAzYKrivda
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-3 10:00
I'm looking at your flight and it looks like you landed away from you which reset the home point.
The battery was at 17%, you should not have taken off with the battery that low.

I'm attaching 3 screenshots with the other source.  3 because when I talked to techs, they didn't seem to be able to see how I got to it.  I am unable to take screenshots of the simulator, or the landing notification when triggering RTH on the DJI Go App.  However if you have a mavic, and can run a simulation, or show what your screen shows when you try this real life scenario you will see that it seems to refer to the OLD RTH function which is 20M cutoff, not 5M, for a direct landing.
step1.png
step2.png
Beginner Tutorials.png
2017-1-3
Use props
KrAzYKrivda
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-3 10:11
First page when your joining the forum , there are options, click on more then dji service you will get options phone North America, email for North America, you can also track your repair status . You may already be using this..

Yes.  Thank you. I have reached out to support for NA several times.  This is who I've spoken with.  This is the source of the frustration.
2017-1-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

KrAzYKrivda Posted at 2017-1-3 10:17
Yes.  Thank you. I have reached out to support for NA several times.  This is who I've spoken with.  This is the source of the frustration.

I have to say having used dji repair service myself, it was an excellent service, it might be that all this has happened during Christmas holiday period, hope you get sorted soon..
2017-1-3
Use props
KrAzYKrivda
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-3 10:25
I have to say having used dji repair service myself, it was an excellent service, it might be that all this has happened during Christmas holiday period, hope you get sorted soon..

Thanks for the optimism, and I'll keep my fingers crossed.  

The issue isn't with the repair, it's with diagnosis, and repeating my "case" over and over.  Hopefully the physical repair goes smoothly, but determining the "at fault" and speaking with CSRs has been very painful.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

KrAzYKrivda Posted at 2017-1-3 10:15
I'm attaching 3 screenshots with the other source.  3 because when I talked to techs, they didn't seem to be able to see how I got to it.  I am unable to take screenshots of the simulator, or the landing notification when triggering RTH on the DJI Go App.  However if you have a mavic, and can run a simulation, or show what your screen shows when you try this real life scenario you will see that it seems to refer to the OLD RTH function which is 20M cutoff, not 5M, for a direct landing.

The first priority is the manual which should be entirely read before flight.
I'm guessing you sare a beginner as you were flying in beginner mode.
The manual states what I posted above and that's what the aircraft did.I do see that in the SIM it will descend withn 20m, that is how the SIM is built and I did address it with R&D.
BUT, the manual needs to be followed, which I posted the screenshot earlier and 0-5m will descend.
Also, that manual page in your screenshot is NOT the Mavic manual. If thaty's what chat showed you then they are wrong. But that's after you already crashed tight?
Anyways, I've spoken to the person in charge and they are warrantying your Mavic.
You shoul dbe getting a email soon.

So you got your Mavic replaced BY warranty when it should not have been and your thread title says "WORST COSTOMER SERVICE" !
2017-1-3
Use props
KrAzYKrivda
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-3 10:33
The manual states what I posted above and that's what the aircraft did.

I am in fact a beginner.  I did read the manual in its entirety.  I also reviewed all videos, and tutorials, beginner tips in app. I even have since run simulations of this event, and the drone does in fact LAND not ASCEND. 3 of 4 sources claim 20 M.  
These 3 of 4 sources were UPDATED the day I unpacked the drone and even to this date STILL disagree with the manual.

I agree that the MANUAL is accurate.  However the other resources provided are in disagreement.

Having read the everything, I did not catch that one source says 5 meters, another says 20. Apparently DJI also did not notice this.  I only realized that there are various descriptions AFTER the crash upon research.

After performing APP updates, firmware, and controller updates, I assume all is in order. I take off, shortly after I do get low battery warning and the ON-SCREEN PROMPT states that "RTH - YOU ARE WITHING 20 M AND WILL ATTEMPT TO LAND".  At this point as a bit of a nervous pilot on flight 1, I read the prompt and TRUST that what I'm being told is accurate.  I'm not at this time thinking that on pg 16 of the manual says something different, or that in the beginner tips about RTH does in fact agree with the onscreen prompt.  I'm simply reading from my screen, from an updated app, and assuming that I'm getting the most current information.  THIS WAS NOT THE CASE, AND THIS IS WHAT LEAD TO THE CRASH.

Is this not reasonable logic?  Should the UPDATED app, drone, and controller, not contain accurate information?  Should I have assumed that the up-to-date DJI Go v4 app, when telling me the drone will attempt to land, in fact really was going to ascend?  

I know these seem like sarcastic questions, but I would really appreciate a response.  I am one user, who happened not have found a mismatch in instructions of how the RTH works, and as a result experienced a crash.  There is clearly discrepancies between RTH documentation.  It would be appreciated if DJI can acknowledge this, and understand that when this confusion is created it is not user error.  A simple update to apps, beginner tips, and the like will also prevent other users from this.

2017-1-3
Use props
KrAzYKrivda
lvl.2
United States

The manual states what I posted above and that's what the aircraft did.I do see that in the SIM it will descend withn 20m, that is how the SIM is built and I did address it with R&D.

I see that you have updated this post to include that you can confirm that the SIM does not correlate to the manual.  I appreciate this very much, because this is the first time that someone is confirming this.

At the end of every conversation, I express that this needs to be updated, despite my case, for other users and further confusion for them.

I also want to re-itterate, not only the SIM displays the wrong logic during RTH, but the APP while being used as controller gives the wrong messaging when attempting an RTH within 20 m.  This onscreen prompt during flight is what myself (and I assume most users) would respond to, not what a previously read manual which MAY be out of date after firmware updates.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

KrAzYKrivda Posted at 2017-1-3 10:46
I am in fact a beginner.  I did read the manual in its entirety.  I also reviewed all videos, and tutorials, beginner tips in app.  I've even run simulations of this event.

I agree that the MANUAL is accurate.  However the other resources provided are in disagreement.

And the app is correct, it will attempt to land (less than 10m it will ascend, more that 10m it will ascend to 10m) if the vision sensors are activated.
So it worked correctly as the app message stated.
2017-1-3
Use props
KrAzYKrivda
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-3 10:55
And the app is correct, it will attempt to land (less than 10m it will ascend, more that 10m it will ascend to 10m) if the vision sensors are activated.
So it worked correctly as the app message stated.

10m vertical or horizontal?

Further quoting the beginner tips:

"Aircraft automatically descends and lands if RTH is triggered when aircraft flies within a 20 m radius of Home Point...

... 'Master is directing me back to home.'... 'I'm in within 20m, and I can land now!  I don't need to ascend.' "
2017-1-3
Use props
KrAzYKrivda
lvl.2
United States

As a general update to all, I've received an optimistic email.  Hopefully this is true, and I can finally get my drone fixed and returned.  

Also, hopefully DJI can update this discrepancy, and prevent others from dealing with the same issues, or at the very least, provide extra clarity if somehow I'm still not understanding something as it pertains to RTH.

"Good morning Charlie,

If you look in the remarks on the latest invoice, you'll see we added text this will be repaired under warranty. The total should have zeroed out, but it was sent with a price by mistake. You can disregard that invoice as well. Your unit is in line to be repaired today.

I am very sorry for the mix-up, I would be frustrated myself if I was told something would be free and then sent another bill.

Best Regards,
Jake
DJI NA Repair Admin"
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

KrAzYKrivda Posted at 2017-1-3 11:09
As a general update to all, I've received an optimistic email.  Hopefully this is true, and I can finally get my drone fixed and returned.  

Also, hopefully DJI can update this discrepancy, and prevent others from dealing with the same issues, or at the very least, provide extra clarity if somehow I'm still not understanding something as it pertains to RTH.

Read the manual and follow that !.
Again, I've brought up the other stuff you mentioned.Since you reveiced a free warranty reapair, maybe you can edit the thread title.
2017-1-3
Use props
KrAzYKrivda
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-3 11:11
Read the manual and follow that !.
Again, I've brought up the other stuff you mentioned.

Sorry for passing my frustration on to you.  And thank you for reviewing this with me.

The last email I received, is good news for me.

You say you have brought this up, which should be good for other customers that my find confusion as I did.

In hopes of being thorough, if/when DJI updates some of these things that mention 20M instead of 5M, I've experienced this in the APP remote, APP Beginner Tips, and in the simulators.

Again, thank you.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

KrAzYKrivda Posted at 2017-1-3 11:14
Sorry for passing my frustration on to you.  And thank you for reviewing this with me.

The last email I received, is good news for me.

It would be nice if you took out "WORST" in the thread title.
2017-1-3
Use props
KrAzYKrivda
lvl.2
United States

You have gone back through this post and updated this.  At the time of this original post, it still was not clear whether or not the item was going to be covered.

And to further justify myself, customer service isn't about ME (the customer) getting what I want, although in this situation, I truly hoped for that.

THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE, was in reference to that fact that I have called in so many times to deal with this.  The fact that I was NEVER contacted except for being sent automated invoices (3 in total).  I was told on the phone numerous times that I would receive a callback or email within a few hours, which never had happened until the 30th.  5 minutes after, I received an emailed invoice that was charging me despite what the email had stated.

Having to repeat my case, be placed on hold, get 0 updates, spend hours on the phone (mostly on hold), have your own reps say different things (warranty covered vs not even after "resolution"), and then via this conversation, told that I should know which of several sources of documentation to assume is accurate when there is a disagreement (which I still disagree with because I would assume an updated firmware prompt would be more accurate than a manual that was printed months prior).

These are the reasons that I made the title what it is.

The outcome doesn't define the customer service, the process and journey to get there is what defines customer service.
2017-1-3
Use props
KrAzYKrivda
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-3 11:20
It would be nice if you took out "WORST" in the thread title.

I have updated the title.  And I do want to acknowledge your assistance again, as well as several "manager/supervisors" I spoke with over the course of this claim.  Not all were "bad", and none were bad people.

The disconnect between reps, repetitiveness of conversations, wait times, etc (experience as a whole) was very bad.  

The outcome (which by my standards is not done until I have drone in hand) seems to be heading in a positive direction at this point.
2017-1-3
Use props
z4k4tt4ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535 ft
Australia

Clearly you did not read the manual or watch any tutorials ... Or you ignored 90% of the advice given in those mediums.  The crash is 100% your own fault.

I really can't believe DJI is going to warranty your drone ..... you consider "poor customer service" DJI correctly disputing your claim .............. nice logic.   

Your crash had nothing to do with a few small contradictions between manuals and the go app..... its disgusting that you are implying it did and even seeking warranty .. let alone your horrible attitude.

Look forward for the next crash ..... it won't be long.  
2017-1-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2017-1-3 11:44
Clearly you did not read the manual or watch any tutorials ... Or you ignored 90% of the advice given in those mediums.  The crash is 100% your own fault.

I really can't believe DJI is going to warranty your drone ..... you consider "poor customer service" DJI correctly disputing your claim .............. nice logic.   

We all live everyday with big companies insurance companies and the like pointing out the small print to worm there way out of paying , in fairness to KrAzy , he has brought this to the attention of dji and may very well save them further embarrassment in the future, so as advice always says make sure to read the small print.

I agree his impatience and his very harsh headline is probably taking the p**s,  they say you should never look a gift horse in the mouth, so maybe dji will be waiting in the long grass, and I don't think he is doing himself any favours..

2017-1-3
Use props
KrAzYKrivda
lvl.2
United States

Hallmark007 and z4k4tt4ck,

I work for an e-retailer and closely with customer service experience.  I'm quite techie as well.  Admittedly, this is my first drone, my first flight, my first experience with DJI.

This customer service process was very painful, and I have updated the title.  

Addressing z4k4tt4ck:
I specifically flew the drone in a very close radius, [wrongly] knowing that when I initiated a landing it should simply land and not ascend (within 20M, as the BEGINNER TUTORIALS and simulators show).  There are literally 2 variations.  So at most, I ignored 50%.  And the incorrect variation that I was expecting was present in 4 of 5 locations, 1 Beginner Tips - RTH How it works, 2 DJI Assistant 2 Sim, 3 Phone SIM, and 4 remote app while flying ALL state 20m.  5 The manual, states 5M.  Had the drone landed as in the 4 of 5 sources there wouldn't have been an accident.  What am I ignoring that I should have picked up on elsewhere?  Most CSRs I spoke with attempted explaining to me that for RTH the drone always ascends to the set and programmable RTH altitude.  I calmly would explain this is not accurate withint 20m.  Usually circular conversations would ensue until they or I referenced the manual specifically, stating the distances from home, and steps taken when within them.

hallmark007:
I've purchased the DJI Care plan, and was prepared to pay if/when I crash my drone.  I assume at some point I will crash it due to pilot error.  I'd prefer to pay when that actually occurs, and not during a test flight where I was testing take-off, obstacle avoidance (prior to the crash, which didn't cause issue), and the RTH.  My flight lasted ~1 min, 30 of which was before RTH.  30 of which was during RTH, where drone was unresponsive AFTER reaching the height (which I've read you cannot prevent ascent), which is a secondary issue which could be due to numerous things.

Speaking to impatience, impatience in purchasing the newest coolest drone on the market- guilty.  Impatience in flying on low battery - guilty. Impatience in posting in here - not guilty.  As I stated, I've disputed the invoice 3 times, over the course of 20 days after DJI had drone IN HAND, 10 phone calls, and even more chats.  2 of the 3 times, they didn't take into account the unresponsiveness, RTH features, or any explanation as to user error.  The final response that I received 4 days ago, I had expected a simple explanation of the cause of crash according to DJI, not that it was going to be covered.  To my satisfaction, it was covered.  5 minutes later an invoice stating my costs was sent.  At this point, the call center was closed, so I emailed.  Waited 4 days, and contacted someone today.

When I contacted them today, they didn't seem to acknowledge the email, and needed me to resend it to them to prove that I had recieved it.  They then said that it will need to be reviewed.  This for me was the final straw.

This posting doesn't have anything to do with whether or not I "won" and proved it was my fault or not.  

THE EXPERIENCE OF THIS CLAIMS PROCESS AND DISPUTE PROCESS OF THE INVOICE WAS VERY BAD.  WHETHER I'M A DENSE CUSTOMER WHO CAN'T READ, OR UNDERSTAND, I DESERVE AN EXPLANATION.  I DESERVE TO HAVE ISSUE I'VE ADDRESSED LOOKED INTO, AND RECEIVE SOME FORM OF FEEDBACK OTHER THAN AN INVOICE.

If you wish to debate that point above, I'd be very interested to hear how my expectations of customer service is too much.  

On the other hand, if you wish to debate the fact that this claim should or shouldn't have been "covered under warranty" that is a moot point, and not what this thread was created in reference to.

I would also like to add for clarity, that the most "irate" I ever was is in the attached conversation above.  I never yelled, cursed or belittle any individual I spoke with.  I understand, or am naively believing, that everyone I spoke with that represented DJI did their best to assist with my issue.  I thanked every person I spoke with.  

The experience was bad, and I still believe the process can be improved upon.
2017-1-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

KrAzYKrivda Posted at 2017-1-3 12:36
Hallmark007 and z4k4tt4ck,

I work for an e-retailer and closely with customer service experience.  I'm quite techie as well.  Admittedly, this is my first drone, my first flight, my first experience with DJI.

As I pointed out to you in an earlier post, your claim occurred throughout the Christmas period , you give no consideration for that , your case was somewhat complex as was also pointed out by dji Ken who said in one of his posts to you , it looked like user error, there are also other stuff here 17% battery take off, you claim to be very techy, but seem to ignore technical stuff  or safety advice when it suits .

While I am happy that it will work out for you, with Christmas and new year, the fact your case was somewhat complex if you take out min 7 days holidays short staff over the holidays, your probably waiting less than two weeks.

You could have used care refresh which is promised to be the quickest service, but you exercised your right and are entitled to your warranty.
But you did post a pretty damaging header which you now have changed, so I'm afraid I still think you where being impatient.
PS. Being polite to staff should be a prerequisite, it doesn't need to be mentioned, as with all your post, you are a polite guy..
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

This thread is getting close to its natural close. Please try not to post unless you are adding new information to the discussion.
2017-1-3
Use props
KrAzYKrivda
lvl.2
United States

This should be my final update.... I did get my Mavic back earlier this week.  all seems to be in order.  Glad this ordeal is over.  

Some quick footage from my first flight.  Still a beginner, and there was a hair on the lens, but here it is...
https://www.skypixel.com/videos/drone-is-back?utm_source=url&utm_medium=copied&utm_campaign=share
2017-1-13
Use props
banburyboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 584724 ft
United Kingdom

z4k4tt4ck Posted at 2017-1-3 11:44

How unpleasant are you z4k4tt4ck!

Here's me looking forward to YOUR next crash too.   I've only been in the DJI pack for a few weeks but the one consistency I have noticed is the comment that the DJI CS offering is poor, even very poor.

I will wait to find out what my own experience is.
2017-2-28
Use props
fans333b7866
New

United States

DJI Ken

I am a prospective customer. I found this thread doing research on various drone companies to ensure I don't buy a drone with bad customer service.

Your reply in this thread was rude, unprofessional, and inappropriate. I will be buying a competitors product because if your behavior is sanctioned by DJI then I want nothing to do with the company.
2017-4-24
Use props
fanse48242a8
New
Flight distance : 138219 ft
United States

Same here. Dji received my mavic on April 14th and it finally got returned today May 16th. The drone crashed as an utimate malfunction of hardware, the flight log shows the drone bugging out upon take off, I wasn't touching the controls and it dtarted behaving erratically then crashed. Customer service was horrendous and I ended up having to come out of pocket to replace it.
2017-5-16
Use props
fansa0ddf683
New
Flight distance : 38537 ft
Taiwan

Guys I recently bought a Phantom 4 pro plus. After flying it for less than a month, the drone disappeared. It took off and flew a couple meters away, while it was 30m up in the air it lost connection and I never saw it again. I waited for the drone to return, since RTH was on, but after a couple mins there was still no sign of the drone, so I drove around to search for it, but nothing. This is the second time this happen, the last drone i purchase was also lost in the ocean for no reason. DJI did not take any responsibility for the last one, so I quickly contacted DJI care, it took almost a month for them to figure it out, in the end they said it was bad flying environment, no warranty no aircraft malfunction. What a joke, they said that it probably crashed in this building, which is highly unlikely cuz i live right next door, and i searched the place many times. I also reported to local police station. What happen to "drone returns back its original flight path," or the light-bridge technology "Automatically detects interference and switches from 2.4 to 5.8 GHz Transmission, cutting through the noise for more reliability." Well the drone was only 800m away, and around 30m up in the air, the weather was perfectly fine. I also bought DJi refresh which is useless since the drone disappeared. Just saying it has to be drone malfunction or some bug, because there was 15 satellites connected also more than 60% of battery left. This is unacceptable. I want my drone back!!  
2017-7-5
Use props
jn123
lvl.1
United States

I do not know why doing business with DJI is so awful. I have dealt with 50+ companies in my career, and by far, DJI is the worst. I sent my broken OSMO in more than 10 weeks ago to be repaired, and I STILL dont have it back. Not only that, their electronics faulted (their fault) and they wouldnt honor their own warranty. So, yeah. You aren't the only one.   
2017-7-11
Use props
fansbe180178
New

United States

What else would you expect from the Chinese. They have no respect for human life let alone respect you as a paying customer. Once they have your money, all bets are off. They make big claims with their "DJI Care Refresh" by telling you you'll get expedited service and it's nothing but a lie. I had to send in a brand new Mavic because when I opened it a saw a piece of plastic rolling around in the gimbal protector which ended up being part of the gimbal. They wouldn't send me the small bolt on piece so I could fix it. They had me send in a brand new drone and sent me a refurbished one. After waiting 3 weeks to get it, I had to send it in immediately and wait another 2 weeks. I finally got to fly the drone for a few months before the gimbal was shot from some unknown reason. Now they've had it another 3 weeks and haven't even received it. It's been in their loading doc for at least 2 weeks just sitting there. I hope an American or Japanese company comes to market with a competing product and I'll gladly throw this piece of crap in the garbage and refuse to ever do business with them again.
2017-8-16
Use props
madatdji
New
Flight distance : 13724 ft
United States

Same expereince! RTH did NOT function. It has been over 45 days for me. After I talk to them they go 'dark'....
2017-8-31
Use props
madatdji
New
United States

Same expereince! RTH did NOT function. It has been over 45 days for me. After I talk to them they go 'dark'....
2017-8-31
Use props
madatdji
New
United States

I have had a simiar experience. RTH did not function and the elevation readings were not useable. This happened 45 days ago and customer service is useless. They do not listen and do not understand the physics of flying.
2017-8-31
Use props
Danoldo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25791 ft
United States

madatdji Posted at 2017-8-31 18:31
I have had a simiar experience. RTH did not function and the elevation readings were not useable. This happened 45 days ago and customer service is useless. They do not listen and do not understand the physics of flying.

Haha... I haven't had nearly as bad of a customer service experience as you guys but it was no where near "good".  It was "good" enough to ensure I dont buy from them again but man... I feel horrid for you guys.
2017-10-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules