uncontrollable after take off
3112 14 2017-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cole56
New

United States

When I do ethier a manuel or auto take off, as soon as I get to about 3 m high, it doesnt respond and crashes on its own. I know for sure it is not operator error because i have been flying drones for a while now and have never had this happen. I just got this drone and it doesnt even work. I have never even had the chance to fly it. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it something to do with the software?

2017-1-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Have you completed all the calibrations ?

IMU
Compass
Controller
Gimbal / Camera

etc. etc.

Nigel
2017-1-3
Use props
Microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Well in what is known as Manual mode, the built in GPS does not compensate for wind or anything else, so you should fly in what is known as P mode to enable the GPS.
Since you stated that you already have knowledge, the question would be is this a new bird, and also have you done all the calibrations?

download.png

2017-1-3
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I have to admit that I have flown drones and most other model types ...but this DJI was not same. It did involve a bit of reading up and of course as I mentioned earlier - manual calibration (which my previous auto calibrated themselves - as they were 6 axis standard jobs without GPS) !

But once calibrated - it literally flies itself. All the pilot does really is decide where and which direction !! Sort of interrupting its own action !

Nigel
2017-1-3
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

Can you upload a flight log, via phantomhelp.com, of one of the bad flights?
2017-1-3
Use props
BillW50
lvl.3

United States

Microcyb Posted at 2017-1-3 09:09
Well in what is known as Manual mode, the built in GPS does not compensate for wind or anything else, so you should fly in what is known as P mode to enable the GPS.
Since you stated that you already have knowledge, the question would be is this a new bird, and also have you done all the calibrations?

Your kidding? The S2 switch positions actually does something? Sadly I rarely ever use course and home lock anyway. And I read the manual v1.4 forward and back and I don't remember this ever mentioned.
2017-1-3
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

Have you calibrated the controller? Sometimes you can get some very strange responses to stick inputs if you haven't calibrated the controller. Having said that if everything on the bird is calibrated properly then in auto takeoff it should rise up and sit in a stable hover awaiting your commands.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your crash, cole56. Could you please clarify which Phantom model you have? Did you get in touch with our tech support and send it in for further evaluation?
2017-1-4
Use props
cole56
New

United States

solentlife Posted at 2017-1-3 09:05
Have you completed all the calibrations ?

IMU

thanks i had to calibrate the imu so its working fine now. thanks again
2017-1-4
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Microcyb Posted at 2017-1-3 09:09

This image is NOT for the P3S, maybe the P2 but not the Standard.
2017-1-4
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
United States

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-3 14:44
Your kidding? The S2 switch positions actually does something? Sadly I rarely ever use course and home lock anyway. And I read the manual v1.4 forward and back and I don't remember this ever mentioned.

No it's wrong, I've seen this image being posted in the last few days on threads for the P3S. This image is NOT for the P3S RC, maybe the P2 but not the Standard.
2017-1-4
Use props
Microcyb
Second Officer
United States

WilliamM Posted at 2017-1-4 12:49
No it's wrong, I've seen this image being posted in the last few days on threads for the P3S. This image is NOT for the P3S RC, maybe the P2 but not the Standard.

How about this image instead. A1Jm hucyeL._SL1500_.jpg
2017-1-4
Use props
WilliamM
Second Officer
United States

Microcyb Posted at 2017-1-4 13:20
How about this image instead.[view_image]

It's not the shape, or where the switches are located. It's the labels on the image you posted above in post#3 that are wrong. The S1 and S2 switches do not have the functions in that image. The S2 switch does not set the HL or CL, it has no IOC function with the P3S.  And the S1 switch has the setting like in this pic (P-A-F) modes, not what post#3 shows.
2017-1-4
Use props
Microcyb
Second Officer
United States

WilliamM Posted at 2017-1-4 13:54
It's not the shape, or where the switches are located. It's the labels on the image you posted above in post#3 that are wrong. The S1 and S2 switches do not have the functions in that image. The S2 switch does not set the HL or CL, it has no IOC function with the P3S.  And the S1 switch has the setting like in this pic (P-A-F) modes, not what post#3 shows.

I will replace those with that of the PS3.  Forgot that the PS2 toggle switches changed
2017-1-4
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can send to dji repair and if it is quality issues they will repair it for free.
2017-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules