Accident liability
784 3 2017-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maurice Marques
lvl.1

United States

I am a new pilot and trying to get as much information as possible, as well as using the Drone in the safest way. However we all know that accidents might happen and our job is to prevent/mitigate as much as possible, but what if the Drone just blackout out of nowhere (battery or system failure) and hurts somebody or damage something, in this case where the pilot didn't do anything incorrect, it was a clear and proven by the flight records aircraft failure, is DJI also accountable for the damages? I assume the pilot would be responsible because he would be flying over people (to hurt somebody) or over property (to damage something).

And how often do we hear about accidents like that?

I am just trying to understand how dangerous it is to flight my Phantom 3. For example the other day I was flying it close to a bridge and it would be awesome to fly over it going to the other side but I was afraid something could happen and the drone would fall onto the cars driving by the bridge. How do you behave in a situation like that? Do you take some risks for a good video or avoid them at all times?
2017-1-3
Use props
birdingbilly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 843369 ft
United Kingdom

Every time you fly you take a risk. I wouldn't fly without third party liability insurance even here in the UK and if I were in the US knowing your love of litigation well.....lets just say that's what insurance is for.
2017-1-3
Use props
puredata
lvl.2

United States

You can use Verifly and if you're in US you can become a member of AMA which provides $2.5 million to its members as a liability insurance.
2017-1-3
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

alway be SAFE..  dont fly over cars ppl do sys checks.. and yes AMA all the way 2.5 mil insurance, legal help. other serv.. thers soms things you can do that without you cant
2017-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules