DJI App Partially Functional After Rotorpixel Installation
1240 8 2015-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

so i installed my rotorpixel today on my p2v and while the gimbal is working great, i am suddently getting an odd issue with the dji app.  

the iphone connects to the phantom wifi fine, the dji app connects to the camera fine, shows video, and records.  the phantom picks up sat locks as i can tell it goes all green etc.  however, ALL other dji app stuff is totally nonfunctional (no telemetry like altitude, distance, etc... no camera tilt control, no sat readings (shows grey zero), nothing really except the video feed and the start stop recording).  

any ideas?  i thought i saw something similar but not with the rotorpixel necessarily just a similar situation but cant find it.  also, fyi, i NEVER updated anything during this whole firmware fiasco, im still running all software and firmware versions on early january/late december versions.  i did connect the phantom to the assistant software to change two gimbal gain settings (per the rotorpixel installation instructions) so i dont know if something was updated without my knowledge, i assumed it wouldnt update the phantom until/unless i went ot the upgrade tab and did something but wanted to mention this part in case someone thought this was related.

thanks for any suggestions
2015-2-14
Use props
teedo757
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1870 ft
United States

I am not very familiar with the rotorpixel installation but it sounds like maybe a cable is loose or connected incorrectly. I would just double check all the cables to make sure they are seated correctly, with the right orientation and did not get pinched.
2015-2-14
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

yeah, i tried reseating the cable that goes up into the phantom (not the white camera cable but the one that has the gimbal connection).  i also went ahead and updated my dji software with the 'update' that was showing in the appstore just to do that part.  i should have figured this would happen to me versus the totally stupid simple results that youtube had for swapping this out...sigh.
2015-2-14
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

ok problem solved.  teedo was right, the white cord was only 3/4th plugged in and after a good solid press it is working fantastic now.  balancing was tricky because i have a lens attachment so the out of the box balancing plates needed adjustment.  but im super happy with it, going to test it out in the next week.  thx again capt bill!!
2015-2-14
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

here is video of it on and working (and i did the pvc landing skids but have them all the way to where the old pads are so i got the same footprint.  and i made both 1" and 1.5" the 1" is better for hard surfaces, the 1.5 for grass and such.  and i can just plink them 'inward' around the legs and transport them without being really off.  love the idea!

2015-2-14
Use props
trrdesign
lvl.2

United States

So how much improvement did you find?  I'm debating on purchasing one.
2015-4-26
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

it was night and day.  the value this brought to my drone was more than all the other accessories i have gotten combined.  i should have gotten a plus to begin with but this is defn worth the upgrade.  here is a better video without the constant auto focusing...

i would buy the RP again in a heartbeat, installation was easy and functionality is fantastic
2015-4-26
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

As a V+ owner I still have to say that's very impressive
2015-4-26
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

thanks jwarr, i have to admit, i expected it to perform well, i frankly didnt expect to be as impressed as i was.  still turn it on every few days just to do that movement from the video.  pretty fun.  again, hindsight says why spend 400 less on a non-plus then to spend almost that on a gimbal and still the camera isnt as good as you guys gopros, but hey, still pretty nice.
2015-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules