Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Email alerts for firmware upgrades?
3324 16 2017-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavi A
lvl.2
Flight distance : 498980 ft
United Kingdom

I wondered if there was anywhere that we can sign an email address up to get an alert when new firmware for the mavic comes out?

I don't fly everyday and would like the opportunity to upgrade the mavic, controller and all batteries before I rush out with it and then see there is an update on the app just before I fly.

Is there any where to get updates? Does anyone know if the App will alert you as soon as new software is released?

Thanks for any help,
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, please ensure your mobile device is connected with network. Then you will get the update prompt from DJI GO app if there's an update available.
2017-1-3
Use props
Mavi A
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks Mindy, that's great, does it work when all updates are released? Or only when you are connected to the Mavic RC and Mavic Pro ready to fly?
2017-1-4
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

Mavi A Posted at 2017-1-4 06:24
Thanks Mindy, that's great, does it work when all updates are released? Or only when you are connected to the Mavic RC and Mavic Pro ready to fly?

I've never received an email alert or notification about a new firmware update. The app only alerts me when the aircraft is on and connected.
2017-1-4
Use props
Mavico
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181657 ft
Germany

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-1-4 06:37
I've never received an email alert or notification about a new firmware update. The app only alerts me when the aircraft is on and connected.

Signed.
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Mavi A Posted at 2017-1-4 06:24

Just as Jason mentioned, please connect your mobile device to RC and connect RC to the aircraft.
2017-1-4
Use props
tigerdim
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75614 ft
Hong Kong

I think what Mavi meant is it would be good to be notified without having to connect the aircraft.

It's annoying when you only have a short time to fly and discover you need to wait 30 mins for an update to go through
2017-1-5
Use props
Ziid
lvl.1

Sweden

tigerdim Posted at 2017-1-5 01:56
I think what Mavi meant is it would be good to be notified without having to connect the aircraft.

It's annoying when you only have a short time to fly and discover you need to wait 30 mins for an update to go through

Is this realy a problem? i am notified when there is an uppdate on my iphone from appstore.
And you can check this via your phone regulary.
2017-1-5
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Philippines

Ziid Posted at 2017-1-5 03:49
Is this realy a problem? i am notified when there is an uppdate on my iphone from appstore.

I believe you're talking about an app update. What I would like is a notification about new firmware updates, which don't necessarily coincide with app updates.
2017-1-5
Use props
Mavi A
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Ziid Posted at 2017-1-5 03:49

Jason is right, I'm talking about a firmware update, not an app update.

It's not a 'problem', more of a welcomed addition.

If I leave quickly to a place with bad phone reception, I may not be able to download the update, plus I loose a good amount of battery power while it updates loosing flying time as well as daylight time.

I was just wondering if there was someway to know without checking online or starting the mavic with my phone attached every day.
2017-1-5
Use props
kevinelliott
lvl.4
Flight distance : 354131 ft
United States

I might make a tool for this on DroneHome if there's enough demand for it. I have been considering it for a while.
2017-1-6
Use props
Mavicator
lvl.3
Flight distance : 129583 ft
United States

Just use the DJI Assistant program before you head out the door.  It will tell you if there is new firmware.
2017-1-6
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Philippines

kevinelliott Posted at 2017-1-6 03:13
I might make a tool for this on DroneHome if there's enough demand for it. I have been considering it for a while.

That might be quite useful, if DJI doesn't implement it themselves.
2017-1-6
Use props
Jcox3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 494806 ft
United States

I follow DJI support on FB and have noticed they post regularly about updates to the entire product line. The last update I leaned about from their FB post.
2017-1-6
Use props
Mavi A
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Mavicator Posted at 2017-1-6 06:33
Just use the DJI Assistant program before you head out the door.  It will tell you if there is new firmware.

That's a fine idea for some, but normally I'm going out to fly and don't want to suddenly stop, unpack my Mavic, turn it all on to check, potentially wait another 30 minutes (and loose 10%+ use of that battery), then check my other batteries before I go out.

It's great if I know I'm going out in an few hours and I remember to take the time to check for updates, normally I have a break and look outside and if it looks good, head straight out to film.
2017-1-7
Use props
Mavi A
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Jcox3 Posted at 2017-1-6 10:57
I follow DJI support on FB and have noticed they post regularly about updates to the entire product line. The last update I leaned about from their FB post.

Thats a good idea, hopefully it posts fairly soon on there and that would help my case. Thanks for that!
2017-1-7
Use props
gjaden
lvl.1
Canada

Usually the app will alert you. If I haven't used my Mavic for a while I usually plugin Mavic to DJI assistant before flying to check Mavic for software updates. Sometimes due to no cell coverage I might not get proper prompts or bandwidth to properly update the RC or drone.
2017-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules