editing programs
1271 14 2017-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IOHIM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 209262 ft
United States

What are you using to edit P4 video... DJI editing program seems fine for starters but adding music is very limited and unless I missed it there is no adding titles or text...
2017-1-3
Use props
MrMaik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 315348 ft
Netherlands

I use Sony Vegas Pro, although many people use Adobe Premiere
2017-1-4
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use Filmora. It is very user friendly and powerful
2017-1-4
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use premiere pro, adobe after effect, davinci resolve and Final cut pro
2017-1-4
Use props
ErC...
lvl.2
Hong Kong

adobe premiere is popular to edit on your devices.
2017-1-4
Use props
MassGuy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 526762 ft
United States

I'm here looking for the same info. First time drone owner (P4P) and would like to be able to put together some good quality videos to post online.  How easy is some of the software to use? I'm looking at Adobe Premiere because it's popular. I use a Mac so I'm going to see if iMovie can do what I want.
2017-1-10
Use props
Jetpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70748 ft
United States

Adobe Premiere Pro here.
2017-1-10
Use props
birdingbilly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 843369 ft
United Kingdom

MassGuy Posted at 2017-1-10 10:50
I'm here looking for the same info. First time drone owner (P4P) and would like to be able to put together some good quality videos to post online.  How easy is some of the software to use? I'm looking at Adobe Premiere because it's popular. I use a Mac so I'm going to see if iMovie can do what I want.

If on a Mac iMovie will give you a good start, if you then want to move on Final Cut Pro will be a much easier step than Premier which has a much steeper learning curve. IMO FCPX with a few plugins added on is all you will ever need.
2017-1-10
Use props
Trekpete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1059787 ft
United Kingdom

I have been using Pinnacle Studio for a few years.
2017-1-10
Use props
ems12a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 555863 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use Adobe Premier Pro CC 2017

Youtube has some nice royalty free music you can use, I use Pond5 for all my music and after effects stuff.

Adobe PP has got a lot better over the last year. I personally would put on par with Final Cut Pro.
2017-1-10
Use props
Quadrocopter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 250125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Davinci Resolve (free) for my basic edits and all my color editing. Adobe PP for my pro-work.
2017-1-10
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481988 ft
Australia

Premiere Pro
2017-1-10
Use props
MassGuy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 526762 ft
United States

I have some experience with the Photoshop program from about 15 years ago.  How easy is it to learn Premier Pro and generally, how long does it take to put a video together? Something simple like adding music to a 2 minute video.
2017-1-10
Use props
Adam Flurk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

MassGuy Posted at 2017-1-10 20:36
I have some experience with the Photoshop program from about 15 years ago.  How easy is it to learn Premier Pro and generally, how long does it take to put a video together? Something simple like adding music to a 2 minute video.

I am well experienced in photoshop (over 15 years) but it really didn't help much for me when it came time to play around in Premier. I do think having some experience with any video editing software helps for sure though. I have tried a few previously but have found a comfortable place with Premier finally. Just wish my computer handled it better. My macbook pro just can't really handle it in an efficient manner. Have to power up the G5, maybe blow off some dust, Lol.

Back to your questions.. I think the amount of time it takes to put a video together depends on your setup and the video you're putting together. Putting a 2 minute video together could be really different for different people. Could take someone 10-15 minutes, could take someone else 3-4 hours. Depends on what you're putting into it, how your computer can handle it.. I think you get the gist. Now, if you're only adding music to a pre-existing video then it shouldn't take too long. I could add music to a 2 minute video in a few minutes, but it might take my computer about 20 mins to export a 4k video with audio. Hope that helps. If all else fails, search the forum, YouTube or Google.
2017-1-11
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Blackmagic's Da Vinci Resolve is a very powerful program, there is simply nothing better available for colour correcting, but the editing interface is still somewhat embryonic. The editor section will improved pretty rapidly as Blackmagic develop it further. The most surprising part about it is that such a powerful application is also available in a free edition, which has almost all the same features as the paid version.

However the one gotcha is that it demands a powerful computer, and it will not even start up unless you have a capable GPU card in your machine. So if you would like to try Resolve, you will need a fast multi-core processor and a good GPU card. Fortunately, the gaming enthusiasts have helped out in that respect by ensuring there is a good supply of GPU cards at reasonable prices.
2017-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules