Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Propeller Jammed on Inspire 2. My problem solved see modification.
123Next >
9858 101 2017-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arrow1969
First Officer
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi

Received my Inspire 2 yesterday been out test flying it today have had difficulty getting one of the propellers off one with a white dot this morning went flying again this afternoon now it won't come off at all its completely jammed.  

Any ideas DJI-Jamie  ????

2017-1-4
Use props
Titomix
lvl.1
Spain

Hey! I received my Inspire 2 today and I have the same issue, the white ones are impossible to put it or when you achieve it, is imposible to get off :-/
2017-1-4
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Titomix Posted at 2017-1-4 09:56
Hey! I received my Inspire 2 today and I have the same issue, the white ones are impossible to put it or when you achieve it, is imposible to get off :-/

I have heard this on a couple of threads now , sounds like something out of tolerance . They also had the same problems on the white props and locks .

donnie
2017-1-4
Use props
Titomix
lvl.1
Spain

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-4 10:00
I have heard this on a couple of threads now , sounds like something out of tolerance . They also had the same problems on the white props and locks .

donnie

Good work DJI... $4K and two months waiting and the propellors works bad... *applause*
2017-1-4
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
United States

Titomix Posted at 2017-1-4 10:16
Good work DJI... $4K and two months waiting and the propellors works bad... *applause*

You just have to wonder how these things could have been missed during testing and dealer distribution .

donnie
2017-1-4
Use props
Titomix
lvl.1
Spain

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-4 10:21
You just have to wonder how these things could have been missed during testing and dealer distribution .

donnie

Is very disgusting, two Inspire 2 delivered this week in the forum and all with the same problem.

Is funny how I can't transport my new Inspire 2 because one propeller is stuck :-)
2017-1-4
Use props
Robin UAV
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I'm sorry for you guys, but I'm happy I didn't jumped in and got the I2...
I really wonder how does things slip the QA tests!?!
2017-1-4
Use props
Aeromirage
Captain
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

In the rush to develop new products obviously things are being overlooked.
Beta testers used to be compensated for their efforts.............
2017-1-4
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
United States

Settle down guys, they will sort it out given time.
This is the first shipment of a new product from DJI - there are ALWAYS issues. You all know this.

At least this time it is a problem with props staying on - when the Inspire 1 was launched it was exactly the opposite problem and many aircraft hit the deck hard.
Give them a good 6 months to stabilise the manufacturing and app/firmware QA. It will be golden after then.
2017-1-4
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well I am not DJI Jamie, but I have some thoughts. The tolerance must be pretty tight on the I2. I know we had some loose red prop hubs on the I1 but never tight.

I wonder if it has to do with the temperature? Is it really cold when you are putting the props on? Try putting the Inspire into a warm room and see if the prop comes off better. This could at least tell us the prop hubs are out of tolerance.
The Inspire 2 comes with spare prop hubs, that might worth trying also.

Sorry for the trouble and hang in there
Rich
2017-1-4
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-1-4 15:31
In the rush to develop new products obviously things are being overlooked.
Beta testers used to be compensated for their efforts.............

Just the million plus YouTubers get the prize now it seems.  Hard to make that list

DJI must have some supplier issues, we have seen this before when the supplies are tight

Rich
2017-1-4
Use props
Arrow1969
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-1-4 22:21
Well I am not DJI Jamie, but I have some thoughts. The tolerance must be pretty tight on the I2. I know we had some loose red prop hubs on the I1 but never tight.

I wonder if it has to do with the temperature? Is it really cold when you are putting the props on? Try putting the Inspire into a warm room and see if the prop comes off better. This could at least tell us the prop hubs are out of tolerance.

Hi Rich,

Yes I thought it might have been temperature I brought it indoors and let it warm up made no difference.

You write with tolerances our tights havering looked at it I think it's release mechanism it appears to be sticking.
2017-1-4
Use props
Arrow1969
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Farnk666 Posted at 2017-1-4 21:41
This is the first shipment of a new product from DJI - there are ALWAYS issues. You all know this.

Totally agree with you Farnk666,

There are always teething problems they will get sorted out it doesn't bother me in the least have emails DJI support will let you know what they say.

Tony
2017-1-4
Use props
Arrow1969
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think the problem is the white dotted propellers, have checked the mechanism on all the motors and they all work fine.

I think this is slight difference in the mouldings the red dotted ones appear to go on slightly easier.

I have a another inspired 2 being delivered later this week will check that one.
2017-1-4
Use props
Titomix
lvl.1
Spain

I'm in the South of Spain, 20º outside now and 15º indoor.

I try to apply air with a dryer and I have achieved it. Mystery.

I go to try change the QuickRelease System with the repairs ones includes in the box and try the other propellers pack.

Stay tuned....
2017-1-5
Use props
Titomix
lvl.1
Spain

I don't think this problem get solved with a firmware update
2017-1-5
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
United States

That is why I waited , I want  the little bugs to be worked out , If this is the biggest problem with it  then it should be a great machine .  Like I think Rich said , more than likely a supplier did not have his tolerances within spec.  You would still think someone would have caught it .

Cheers

donnie
2017-1-5
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Rich, Just got my I2 and can confirm there is a slight problem with one of the white props. Nothing to bad and seems fully workable just a bit stiffer then the other 3. Taken mine off and putting them back on several times, not concerned (at least for myself), seems very much the same issue as we bad on the other props/hubs before and think they will ease with use.
2017-1-5
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Arrow1969 Posted at 2017-1-4 22:26
Hi Rich,

Yes I thought it might have been temperature I brought it indoors and let it warm up made no difference.

If the new metal mechanical retainer is sticking maybe this could be the root cause? Like cougar said in #18  These props could begin to ease-in over time. I would much rather have them on the tight side of the spectrum.  Keep us posted if you find our anything new.

I am very happy for your new aircraft (and hopefully I will have one too)

Rich

2017-1-5
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-1-5 08:47
Rich, Just got my I2 and can confirm there is a slight problem with one of the white props. Nothing to bad and seems fully workable just a bit stiffer then the other 3. Taken mine off and putting them back on several times, not concerned (at least for myself), seems very much the same issue as we bad on the other props/hubs before and think they will ease with use.

Hi Cougar
Wow glad you got your new Inspire 2!  Did you get both of them?  You will need to tell me your impressions offline.

I will be joining you in the near future, so please get all of the bugs worked out

Rich
2017-1-5
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Titomix Posted at 2017-1-5 06:11

Maybe like Cougar said in #18... the new prop hubs will work-in with some time.  like I said in my other post, I much rather have them tight..  

Best to you and congratulations on the new Inspire 2!
Rich
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Do you have any spare props with your I2? If so, could you happen to supply a picture of the underside of them? Just to clarify, you were able to hear a 'click' when you moved the locking mechanism to the unlocked position, correct?
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Titomix Posted at 2017-1-4 09:56

If you could do the same as post #22, it would be appreciated.
2017-1-5
Use props
Arrow1969
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-5 10:14
Do you have any spare props with your I2? If so, could you happen to supply a picture of the underside of them? Just to clarify, you were able to hear a 'click' when you moved the locking mechanism to the unlocked position, correct?

Hi Jamie,

I hope these are okay, in image 0246 the moulding mark are larger on the white docs propellers compared to the red dot ones.

Cheers Tony
IMG_0245 copy.jpg
IMG_0246 copy.jpg
IMG_0247 copy.jpg
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Arrow1969 Posted at 2017-1-5 10:56
Hi Jamie,

I hope these are okay, in image 0246 the moulding mark are larger on the white docs propellers compared to the red dot ones.

Thank you for supplying these. Based on what I was able to find, there have been some units that had accidentially received prototype props. Only a few users have been affected by this, and DJI is more than happy to send out new props to you. I'm sorry that you were one of those few, I would recommend trying to take your time with lightly wiggling the prop off so as not to damage the locking mechanism. Just to make sure I'm on the same page, you are able to move the locking mechanism from locked to unlocked, but you just can't get it to come off after that?
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Titomix Posted at 2017-1-5 06:11

Before trying a different set of props, can you please make sure that they look like the following underneath? You wouldn't want the same thing to happen again:
Correct prop hub.JPG
2017-1-5
Use props
Arrow1969
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-5 12:08
Thank you for supplying these. Based on what I was able to find, there have been some units that had accidentially received prototype props. Only a few users have been affected by this, and DJI is more than happy to send out new props to you. I'm sorry that you were one of those few, I would recommend trying to take your time with lightly wiggling the prop off so as not to damage the locking mechanism. Just to make sure I'm on the same page, you are able to move the locking mechanism from locked to unlocked, but you just can't get it to come off after that?

Hi Jamie,
No I'm not able to move the locking mechanism it is jammed it won't lock or unlock it actually stays in the locked position.

Have I still been supplied with prototype props???

Tony
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Arrow1969 Posted at 2017-1-5 13:35
Thanks for that Jamie, how do I get DJI to send me some new propellers???

Again thank you very much your help

I'm confirming the best way to get that sorted as soon as possible, I'll keep you posted. Were you able to get the prop off?
2017-1-5
Use props
Arrow1969
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-5 13:43
I'm confirming the best way to get that sorted as soon as possible, I'll keep you posted. Were you able to get the prop off?

Sorry have just edited my previous post I missed read yours.
2017-1-5
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
United States

Titomix Posted at 2017-1-5 06:12
I don't think this problem get solved with a firmware update

No, not firmware - but if you look back at the I1 launch there were issues with props.

Firstly DJI supplied prop locks free of charge.
Then when some people couldn't be bothered fitting them they changed the entire prop mounting system and supplied everyone with free replacements.

So they have some history of dealing with these issues - it's just early days.
2017-1-5
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-5 06:28
That is why I waited , I want  the little bugs to be worked out , If this is the biggest problem with it  then it should be a great machine .  Like I think Rich said , more than likely a supplier did not have his tolerances within spec.  You would still think someone would have caught it .

Cheers

I would give it at least 6 months - seriously.
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Arrow1969 Posted at 2017-1-5 13:48
Sorry have just edited my previous post I missed read yours.

From what it looks like, yes you got the prototype propeller for those white arrowed ones. As far as getting the prop off, it would most likely require breaking the propeller at the hub. Since it's not the correct propeller anyway, it would not be missed.
2017-1-5
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-5 12:08

Oh dear....

Here's hoping that the issue is sorted out asap.
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Farnk666 Posted at 2017-1-5 15:05
Oh dear....

Here's hoping that the issue is sorted out asap.

It should be sorted out quickly. Like I said before, there are only a few packages that customers received that were affected. While it's small, I understand that it doesn't feel like much of a consolation when you end up being apart of that small percentage.
2017-1-5
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-5 15:16
It should be sorted out quickly. Like I said before, there are only a few packages that customers received that were affected. While it's small, I understand that it doesn't feel like much of a consolation when you end up being apart of that small percentage.

Jamie
Thanks for getting answers so quickly on this issue. I am sure your team will fix this for the rest of the orders.

Rich
2017-1-5
Use props
Titomix
lvl.1
Spain

Email sent for the replacement. Waiting.

Why DJI delete the post with the info of the incorrect propellers?
2017-1-5
Use props
Cougar1
First Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Will be interesting to see how this plays out, personally I am not convinced and think the "bad" design is actually stronger and might be a revised version. If so, no need for concern.
2017-1-5
Use props
Dragonflyin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16562 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to read about the propellor problems.  My L2 just showed up this morning and I hesitated putting the props on...I was relieved to fly both full sets without any issue today.  i hope DJI can resolve this quickly...
2017-1-5
Use props
Dr Jon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

Arrow1969 Posted at 2017-1-5 10:56
Hi Jamie,

Hate to say this but i have the opposite problems my RED props are the problem they are too small and rattle. I measure the distance between the base and the top where the clips lock and there are differences in two of the four red ones supplied.

its looks like manufacture tolerances are not accommodated by spring insert below the prop mount or in the retain clips

I contacted DJI they said its normal HaHaHa
2017-1-5
Use props
fans98d63e0a
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-5 12:10
Before trying a different set of props, can you please make sure that they look like the following underneath? You wouldn't want the same thing to happen again:
[view_image]

I have 8 Props and they don't look like these.  Assume I need replacements.
2017-1-5
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules