problem with upgrade
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skys the limit
New

United Kingdom

hi
still a bit of a learning curve for me but my p3p won't upgrade the firmware.  
it comes up with:
gimbal motor overload
batery upgrade needed
aircraft upgrade needed
camera upgrade needed

also i have tried following along to the video but have not succededalso i have the one before the latest firmware but that doesn't work either.
can anybody help??
2017-1-4
Use props
iMeMoz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298720 ft
Finland

That "gimbal motor overload" shouldn't appear, if update required, are you sure that you have detached gimbal guard?

For update, have you formatted your sd card, put latest firmware in it and then put to drone? When sd card with firmware is put in, you can power up the drone. You can see how the update is going by looking tiny led on front of the gimbal. When it is flashing red and green its updating, just wait. If led is solid red, it failed, if solid green its done. In both cases take out your sd and put it into computer and see generated text file, if there is errors please post it here. If update is successful delete firmware and text file.

You can find latest firmware here: http://www.dji.com/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads
2017-1-4
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gimbal motor overload shouldn't appear, it means something is on the camera that is heavy
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

May I know have you got it sorted out?
2017-1-5
Use props
Phantom.lover
lvl.1

United Kingdom

It is my younger brother that posted at the top fyi....

We haven't actually had a chance to retry the update but will hopefully be able to do it today.

I did notice that on the gimbal there is a white bracket which we have always flown with and not caused a problem. I don't know if this is classed as packaging or not.

Thanks for the response and apologies for not responding sooner. I will post a soon as as have tried updating software again
IMG_20170108_095446.jpg
2017-1-8
Use props
ARM-001
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

I can't be sure but that white casing looks to be some kind of aftermarket gimbal protection. Did you by any chance purchase the P3 second hand? If it is some kind of guard (and I definitely don't have one on my P3) then there's a possibility it might be a contributing factor to the problems you're having.
2017-1-8
Use props
skys the limit
New

United Kingdom

have taken of the white bracket which has temporarily sorted the gimbal motor overload but a slight problem when ever i try a download the firmware it always comes up as bin file which i can do nothing with and is in the zip folder and can't extract files.
2017-1-8
Use props
iMeMoz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298720 ft
Finland

skys the limit Posted at 2017-1-8 11:15
have taken of the white bracket which has temporarily sorted the gimbal motor overload but a slight problem when ever i try a download the firmware it always comes up as bin file which i can do nothing with and is in the zip folder and can't extract files.

Please watch this video and try again. If you have problem extracting files, download winrar or 7zip to extract files.
2017-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules