focus function Mavic
1427 12 2017-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Netherlands

It must have been asked a million times yet since the go4 app has the most worhless user manual ever again the question: How does the focus function work on the camera or rephrased, how SHOULD it work?
It gets a bit frustrating since along with the last firmware i can't get the focus right.
When MF disabled: there is a green square in the screen. What should you do to get the camera to autofocus, or does it do that itself? What happens after you've pressed the center focus button or tap to focus? Does it pick up its auto function or is it stuck on that focus setting?
And what when MF is enabled?
Id really appreciate a clear explanation on this.
2017-1-4
Use props
Bondo_E_Odnob 4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88035 ft
United States

+1..........
2017-1-4
Use props
RGB7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1083402 ft
United Kingdom

I'd also like any info on this,... from what I can tell it will occasionally refocus on the focus point (green square).  but I find myself retapping the same point when I'm changing altitude to refocus anyway, so I don't know how dynamic it is?
2017-1-4
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Netherlands

Ken? Mindy? Others? Dji aces?
2017-1-5
Use props
fans16b1ea7c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 114688 ft
United States

One user reported that doing a factory reset and firmware refresh solved the autofocus problem. I am doing this now, as I too am having issues.
2017-1-5
Use props
fans16b1ea7c
lvl.2
Flight distance : 114688 ft
United States

fans16b1ea7c Posted at 2017-1-5 12:40
One user reported that doing a factory reset and firmware refresh solved the autofocus problem. I am doing this now, as I too am having issues.

I managed to fix the auto focus issue by doing the restore and refresh of the firmware via assistant 2.
2017-1-5
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Netherlands

Well, im not saying it s an issue. I just need to know what's normal behaviour so i can identify when it doesn t do that.
2017-1-5
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I agree that the focus issue is frustrating. Some users say to tap to focus a few times, others say it will autofocus and others say tap to focus initially and then it will autofocus automatically after that.
I think the issue may be that it is different between Android and IOS just like the camera settings.
Just hope someone at DJI answers your questions.
2017-1-5
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

Agreed. This really should be clearly documented in the manual.  Before that happens can we please get an official explanation here?  

Here's what I am seeing under IOS:  With Litchi, it works as it always has, I have to tap to get focus and it stays at that setting.  With DJI GO 4, (manual focus NOT set), it will will focus with a tap but it also will focus on its own. I'd like to have some clarity on exactly when it invokes its own focus.  Apparently manual focus will stop the independent focus from happening.  All this is based on my informal observations and I could be missing something.
2017-1-5
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Netherlands

I was performing a flight lately with manual focus disabled. When i started filming (landscape/ small villages) the footage was blurry as observed on my screen. Only after tapping the footage became sharp. I had to tap once in a while to keep it that way.  So this autofocus thing is not doing what it's supposed to, spoils the fun a bit.
Come on mods, can't be so hard getting info from the tech people to provide some clarification on this?  
2017-1-7
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

By the way, DJI GO4 has an user manual at all??
2017-1-7
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Netherlands

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-1-7 12:04
By the way, DJI GO4 has an user manual at all??

...nope!....
2017-1-7
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

MacIak Posted at 2017-1-7 11:44
I was performing a flight lately with manual focus disabled. When i started filming (landscape/ small villages) the footage was blurry as observed on my screen. Only after tapping the footage became sharp. I had to tap once in a while to keep it that way.  So this autofocus thing is not doing what it's supposed to, spoils the fun a bit.
Come on mods, can't be so hard getting info from the tech people to provide some clarification on this?

I have to agree with you. I have never seen the autofocus other users mention.
2017-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules