Email from Repair??
1905 15 2017-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Whitetail UP
lvl.1
United States

So I am a little confused at this email, DJI does the repairs before sending you a invoice? My status shows repair cost assessed and quoted but nothing more.

Dear Customer,

Your Phantom 4 Pro has been evaluated by our repair team. Your case No. is:

xxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxx

Please visit our Repair Progress Inquiry website or use the DJI GO App to view the repair progress. We will email you an invoice in two to three business days.

This is an automated message. Any replies to this message will not be monitored.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI North America Technical Support, Mon-Fri 9:00AM ~ 5:00PM (PST) via the following three channels:

Tel: +1 (818) 235 0789
Email: support.us@dji.com
Online Support:Online Support

Thank you for choosing DJI

Best Regards,
DJI Support

2017-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

What's so wrong with that
2017-1-4
Use props
Nickkle
lvl.1

United States

I had the same email - and then a few hours later I received the quotation.   I think it means they have tested and found that it is not working.    Hang tight!
2017-1-4
Use props
Whitetail UP
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-4 11:47
What's so wrong with that

Because according to the information I filled out, I would be notified of a repair quote before any repairs took place on the unit. Do you take your car to a shop and just tell them to fix it before telling you how much it's going to be?
2017-1-4
Use props
Whitetail UP
lvl.1
United States

Nickkle Posted at 2017-1-4 11:50
I had the same email - and then a few hours later I received the quotation.   I think it means they have tested and found that it is not working.    Hang tight!

Thanks for the heads up.
2017-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Whitetail UP Posted at 2017-1-4 11:52
Because according to the information I filled out, I would be notified of a repair quote before any repairs took place on the unit. Do you take your car to a shop and just tell them to fix it before telling you how much it's going to be?

They won't fix it until you pay so maybe it's a warranty or they will be in contact you very soon. You can check your progress on the app here.
2017-1-4
Use props
Whitetail UP
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-4 11:55
They won't fix it until you pay so maybe it's a warranty or they will be in contact you very soon. You can check your progress on the app here.

Thanks for the info
2017-1-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

No problem, hope it works out for you, once your aircraft has been accessed it will only take a matter of a couple of days until they ship it back to you.
2017-1-4
Use props
Svt04cobra
lvl.2
United States

I just went through this. They sent me a confirmation email stating they received the P4P, then a 2nd to say they are evaluating it, then the 3rd was the invoice that lets you know at the top if its a repair under warranty or not. Like this.
[img]https://forum11.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5BURL=http://s239.photobucket.com/user/svt04cobra1/media/DJI_zps4osmvwpt.jpg.html%5D[/URL][/img]
2017-1-4
Use props
Whitetail UP
lvl.1
United States

Svt04cobra Posted at 2017-1-4 13:21
I just went through this. They sent me a confirmation email stating they received the P4P, then a 2nd to say they are evaluating it, then the 3rd was the invoice that lets you know at the top if its a repair under warranty or not. Like this.
[view_image][/URL][/img]

Thanks, I recieved the invoice a few hours later.
2017-1-5
Use props
Svt04cobra
lvl.2
United States

Whitetail UP Posted at 2017-1-5 09:17
Thanks, I recieved the invoice a few hours later.

Awesome man! Check the serial numbers when they email you back with the tracking info for your return aircraft. I just posted on my thread what happened to me.
2017-1-5
Use props
Whitetail UP
lvl.1
United States

Svt04cobra Posted at 2017-1-5 11:04
Awesome man! Check the serial numbers when they email you back with the tracking info for your return aircraft. I just posted on my thread what happened to me.

Yeah I got mine back, but same deal wasn't mine repaired was a new unit, even though it stated repaired, tested, and quality assured. Last time unit was tested was in Nov 2016 according to logs.
2017-1-19
Use props
Ob1415
lvl.2

United States

When they say the have tested the repaired or refurbished units, I wonder what the tests consist of?  I've seen threads where the replacement units were worse than the original units sent in.  Perhaps they are only testing to make sure it powers on and not actually flight testing them?
2017-1-19
Use props
Whitetail UP
lvl.1
United States

Ob1415 Posted at 2017-1-19 08:56
When they say the have tested the repaired or refurbished units, I wonder what the tests consist of?  I've seen threads where the replacement units were worse than the original units sent in.  Perhaps they are only testing to make sure it powers on and not actually flight testing them?

Have no idea, just know that what I recieved wasnt what I sent in. If the timeline is going to show being repaired I would expect to get my unit. Now if they turn around and resell my unit to someone else as a refurb and the crash it into a plane guess the FAA will come looking for me.
2017-1-19
Use props
Svt04cobra
lvl.2
United States

Whitetail UP Posted at 2017-1-19 09:28
Have no idea, just know that what I recieved wasnt what I sent in. If the timeline is going to show being repaired I would expect to get my unit. Now if they turn around and resell my unit to someone else as a refurb and the crash it into a plane guess the FAA will come looking for me.

You didn't take your number off of the aircraft before you sent it in? I put a label inside the battery area. FAA says that is ok.
2017-1-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Whitetail UP Posted at 2017-1-19 09:28

You got a new unit your worries are over, I'm sure you have enough info that you sent your drone back and it was replaced, to show FAA, what are the chances of your old aircraft taking a plane out of the sky. Just do the lottery you will have more chance of winning that, lol
2017-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules