Go4 app sucking battery and uploading?
1143 8 2017-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Netherlands

My android galaxy note4 is continuously uploading stuff, at the same time my battery is drained. Im sure its the go app cause when i go to app management, active apps there are 3 dji processes running. When i stop these the uploading stops. But whenever i change network or go in-out of airplane mode the processes start again and the story continues. I want to know what is so important for dji since the upload is almost non stop?! I like go4 but this is truely annoying, never had such an agressive parasite app before.
2017-1-4
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Netherlands

Anyone of the mods have an explanation for this?
2017-1-5
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

MacIak Posted at 2017-1-5 02:57
Anyone of the mods have an explanation for this?

Wondered about that fact too. Have to force-stop the Go app several times because it consumes 12% of the juice over the day even when that day there was no flight .................
2017-1-5
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Netherlands

Im just wondering why it is constantly creating a dji folder in downloads folder and it just wont stop uploading, no idea what!
2017-1-5
Use props
GeForceFX-be
lvl.2

Belgium

What android version are you using? Here on my S7 edge (6.0.1) I have no battery drain with GO4.
2017-1-5
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Netherlands

GeForceFX-be Posted at 2017-1-5 12:30
What android version are you using? Here on my S7 edge (6.0.1) I have no battery drain with GO4.

Still on 5.0.1.
2017-1-7
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Surely it must be uploading data and downloading to the mavic continually and at video rate !   i just guess when its not connected it just carries on the process in wait of the RC TX turning up again?  
2017-1-7
Use props
Crofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23415 ft
Australia

Doing on my Nexus 6P running 7.1. This was the DJI Go 4 app. This issue has been happening for at least a year on the orginal Go app as it done when I git my Phantom 3.

I don't think DJI did anything about the issue and when is check they were trying to blame other apps.

Between the battery drain issues and the fact it crashes a lot I why I don't use the app on my phone, normally use iPad (but due to waiting on iPad mount I tried on phone again).

There is absolutely not reason for this and DJI should fix the issue and not make excuses.
2017-1-8
Use props
Crofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23415 ft
Australia

MikeQView Posted at 2017-1-7 23:04
Surely it must be uploading data and downloading to the mavic continually and at video rate !   i just guess when its not connected it just carries on the process in wait of the RC TX turning up again?

What we are referring to is that it does in background when not using the app or have phone connected.
2017-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules