*New app from DJI: DJI GROUND STATION PRO*
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Fotch Posted at 2017-1-4 11:31
Great news! any time frame?

Unfortunately not known to me. Sorry I can't answer this for you guys.
2017-1-4
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can anyone say if it will work with zenmuse z15 gh4 as this combo is not mentioned in the camera types? If I were to dd a new camera type what would be the settings for GH4 with Olympus 12mm lens.
2017-1-4
Use props
Onedutch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 418442 ft
Netherlands

Can I reply? I'm unable to start a new thread, I have 17 points..
-Editted - Oops allready making mistakes, this thread is about the new Software, I'm searching the delete button..

Sorry..
2017-1-4
Use props
Hkdman
lvl.1

United States

I realize this says Ipad..so stupid question...but will it also work on the iphone?
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Hkdman Posted at 2017-1-4 12:22
I realize this says Ipad..so stupid question...but will it also work on the iphone?

Not yet. We'll see if it's going to be developed for smaller devices, but I can't say yet.
2017-1-4
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20446 ft
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-1-4 11:06
It's being developed for the P4P+.

Thank you for the response DJI - Joe.  Hopefully for multiple battery use.  ie where the route is interrupted, battery replaced and it will continue the route.
2017-1-4
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

RoadmasterD Posted at 2017-1-3 17:58
Just downloaded, seems to be using the apple maps imagery. I was able to create a mission fairly easily.  I can't fly the mission because I have a P4P+ and can't connect to anything other than the built in screen.  I wish I had known that was going to be an issue.  Oh, well, one of these days.  It's ironic that not only can we not use 3rd party apps, we can't use DJI apps other than the special version of DJI Go4.  I'm sorry for the short rant.

Your rant is right on point though.
2017-1-4
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CruxisX Posted at 2017-1-3 18:05
It says at the top that the app is specifically designed for the iPad-- I wouldn't count on it being available for the iPhone since the area is way too small for all of the options available in that powerful app.

Great job DJI for finally bringing back the ground station app we all enjoyed in the Phantom 2 days!

There are other apps that do much of what this app does and those apps work fine on smaller screens (phones).
2017-1-4
Use props
Blackline
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5029167 ft
United States

BeamMeUpScotty Posted at 2017-1-4 12:37
Thank you for the response DJI - Joe.  Hopefully for multiple battery use.  ie where the route is interrupted, battery replaced and it will continue the route.

i thought that i read it is possible for that.
2017-1-4
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fans6916e6f9 Posted at 2017-1-3 18:52
cant you install this app on the built in p4p screen?
if not today i am sure it will be out soon for it.

Built-in screen is not an iPad.
2017-1-4
Use props
xH0PELESSx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 640200 ft
United States

Tried using this afternoon with no luck. My system either freezes at 'Setting RTH Altitude' or 'Waypoint: Data Transmitting'. I have done several restarts to both the RC and Inspire 1 in various combinations with zero luck. I read over the manual and do not think I missed a step but any assistance would be great as I am looking forward to using the GSP successfully.

Aircraft Version: 1.9.1.30+
RC Version: 1.7.60
Camera Version: 1.8.1.00
Edit: After leaving the app and the aircraft connected for about 18 minutes, the waypoints finally uploaded. I'll guess it was EXTREMELY slow to upload the data as the area was about 400'x400' with 22 images which I consider very small.
Edit 2: Is there a way to sync the DJI GS Pro flight data like the normal DJIgo app? It would expedite FAA reporting.

2017-1-4
Use props
AyrshireUAV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 957297 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansf93ab83f Posted at 2017-1-3 20:25
Will be testing this. Beware I've had a look around the app. If you do missions DJI states it will continue regardless of battery power ETC. I hope they put an option to enable RTH if battery reaches a certain threshold. Also RTH is not default for missions you need to use advanced to enable RTH.
Will post my experiences with this app when I have a chance to fly whether permitting.

Thats what I found strange.  I know this was Beta tested to death so why wasn't something like this picked up on?  I can't believe its taken since the P2 for DJI to bring this back to the market.  Ive not had the chance to fully try it with the Inspire or P4 but the short mission I managed on the Mavic Pro went ok.  Safety and redundancy are a must for commercial work.  The app isn't ground breaking (pardon the pun), plenty of 3rd party apps do it better and in some cases a hell of a lot better.  It's a bit like Apple bringing out finger print security features 2 years after everyone else and yet claiming they were the ones being copied.
2017-1-4
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-1-4 12:22
Not yet. We'll see if it's going to be developed for smaller devices, but I can't say yet.

Joe

Am I correct in my understanding that this App will work with P4P.... Just not the P4P+ because of the built in screen at the moment?
2017-1-4
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hope it have iphone version
2017-1-4
Use props
WYHSniper1007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1003822 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you also see the live view of the drone in DJI GS PRO app
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

AlaskanTides Posted at 2017-1-4 13:58
Joe

Am I correct in my understanding that this App will work with P4P.... Just not the P4P+ because of the built in screen at the moment?

I believe right now it is not compatible with either Phantom 4 Pro. I could be wrong, but I haven't tested it. I'll post when I get more info.
2017-1-4
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-1-4 15:23
I believe right now it is not compatible with either Phantom 4 Pro. I could be wrong, but I haven't tested it. I'll post when I get more info.

Thanks a bunch Joe....

Please keep us informed. I did connect the app to my P4P and it did indeed recognize my bird and connect.
I did not however fly any mission to verify that everything is working.
GS Pro .jpg
2017-1-4
Use props
RoadmasterD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 188527 ft
United States

BeamMeUpScotty Posted at 2017-1-4 10:49
I feel your frustration since I am in the same boat.  I thought I saw a post on how to cable connect another screen/device to the controller which will cause the plus to go black.  I tried this but unfortunately it is not working and I can no longer find the post.  I have a photo mosaic mission I need to fly in the near term and need a work around.

I suppose you could connect to a large external monitor and tape a transparency with grid lines to it while displaying the sat map below.  Then you could fly the grid lines like pilots used to do in the good ole days.  Just a thought, lol
2017-1-4
Use props
Kirk2579
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-1-4 10:22
3rd party apps don't void warranty. Don't know where you heard this. If the craft hardware is at fault for causing a hard landing it will be covered by your warranty.

Please avoid spreading unverified rumors.

Thank you for saying that clearly again!

I too, have been reading that on forums a lot lately

In years on forums ow,  never have I seen DJI say that 3rd party app are an issue or would void warranty.

the other one that needs addressed, is about updates on FW.
same unfounded rumors persist.

Never have I read dji say an older fw version would void any warranty claims.

now my gripe----NO ANDROID YET
2017-1-4
Use props
Future
lvl.1

United States

Cool app! Can't wait to download it
2017-1-4
Use props
userf09b38e633
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73081 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What about android not everyone uses apple {:4_142:}
2017-1-4
Use props
mavicme
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35738 ft
  • >>>
United States

China views that IOS > Android.  They are a little late on trends and  are 6 - 1 yr behind.  
2017-1-4
Use props
M Cubed Media
lvl.2
Flight distance : 166476 ft
South Africa

DroneMapper Posted at 2017-1-4 05:33
Thank you DJI !
Be sure to check out our free RAPID for DJI map building software, which now loads up to 100 DJI images for free processing / stitching. It is the perfect addition to the new DJI GS Pro application and will allow you to start building geo-referenced maps from your imagery for free!

Is there an Apple version of this software available please?

2017-1-4
Use props
PliciPleosc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100226 ft
Romania

M Cubed Media Posted at 2017-1-4 23:21
Is there an Apple version of this software available please?

This software is currently only available for Apple iOS and iPad only.
2017-1-4
Use props
M Cubed Media
lvl.2
South Africa

PliciPleosc Posted at 2017-1-4 23:29
This software is currently only available for Apple iOS and iPad only.

Thank you, do you have a link for the Apple IOS, I have already downloaded the app onto my iPad, I wouldlike to use the 3D mapping software.
2017-1-4
Use props
PliciPleosc
lvl.2
Romania

M Cubed Media Posted at 2017-1-4 23:49
Thank you, do you have a link for the Apple IOS, I have already downloaded the app onto my iPad, I wouldlike to use the 3D mapping software.

I guess you confuse a bit the things. Apple iOS is the system running on iPads and iPhones, so you already have the only version currently available. Except currently is designed only for iPad, not iPhones.

Apple MacOS is something different and not sure how it will help other than design a mission on a main computer, then transferring it to your iPad.
2017-1-4
Use props
M Cubed Media
lvl.2
South Africa

PliciPleosc Posted at 2017-1-4 23:51
I guess you confuse a bit the things. Apple iOS is the system running on iPads and iPhones, so you already have the only version currently available. Except currently is designed only for iPad, not iPhones.

Apple MacOS is something different and not sure how it will help other than design a mission on a main computer, then transferring it to your iPad.

I am referring to the software from this post:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=519219

This is only for Windows, I was wanting this for Apple OS
2017-1-4
Use props
magstauk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 849367 ft
United Kingdom

cannot wait to try this!!!
2017-1-5
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
United States

M Cubed Media Posted at 2017-1-4 23:54

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=78947&pid=632510&fromuid=519219

As far as I know that software you are referring to is not a DJI product...... It is a 3rd party software so you would need to visit their web site.

If they do not have it available I know that Agisoft Photoscan offers a Mac version and am fairly sure Pix 4d does as well.

I am not familiar at all... with that particular software developer that was advertised on this thread.

2017-1-5
Use props
M Cubed Media
lvl.2
South Africa

AlaskanTides Posted at 2017-1-5 00:05
As far as I know that software you are referring to is not a DJI product...... It is a 3rd party software so you would need to visit their web site.

If they do not have it available I know that Agisoft Photoscan offers a Mac version and am fairly sure Pix 4d does as well.

Thank you for the advice and information.  I will go and have a look at the two sites you have mentioned.
2017-1-5
Use props
PliciPleosc
lvl.2
Romania

M Cubed Media Posted at 2017-1-4 23:54

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=78947&pid=632510&fromuid=519219

This topic is about an iOS iPad product developed by DJI. The post you are referring to is an "advertisement" for a free third-party software (afaik not related in any way with DJI) that you can use to do something with photos taken by your drone.
2017-1-5
Use props
M Cubed Media
lvl.2
South Africa

PliciPleosc Posted at 2017-1-5 00:09
This topic is about an iOS iPad product developed by DJI. The post you are referring to is an "advertisement" for a free third-party software (afaik not related in any way with DJI) that you can use to do something with photos taken by your drone.

Thank you.
2017-1-5
Use props
M Cubed Media
lvl.2
South Africa

Does DJI have any mapping software?

2017-1-5
Use props
zerberus1971
lvl.1

Germany

Happy to see this App, but there are some questions left.

First, i fly the P3S with a Samsung Tab 3 Lite and i also own an iPad 2 WiFi

After DJI Go won't work with the ipad 2 i thought GS Pro will also won't work on the iPad 2 ... so i was very surprised that this App work on the iPad 2 and connect to my aircraft without any problems. Because i am a surveyor i am very interested in testing the function of 3D Mapping.

Is it possible to fly missions with this app of the ipad 2 while the DJI go App is working on the Samsung Tab at the same time? It looks like the go App has more possibilities to control the aircraft manually in case of problems with the flight plan and somehow i still don't trust in the funcionality of a new app and of 100% working on an iPad 2.
2017-1-5
Use props
sky wombat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

OK looks promising but do I also have to update to latest firmware? Based on past experience bit wary of updating craft & RC until everybody has worked through possible bugs.
2017-1-5
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

Phantomjim Posted at 2017-1-4 01:45
Android is by far the largest platform worldwide and this lot keep
pushing Apple products at us. NO THANKS

largest market yes and most fragmented. the IOS market us controlled better, I can create an App and knowing that it's going to work on 80% if the devices out. You can not do that with Android, everyone has different builds, specs and even if you target the latest build 6.0 Marshmallow its only 26% which is also the largest. You would need to make your app compatible on 3-4 major Android builds in order to total 80% of the market.  This is why App's are only on iOS or come to IOS first. Its really a nightmare dev'ing for Android.

Just look at all the post of people complaining about various Android devices not working with the mavic pro.
2017-1-5
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

jetforce Posted at 2017-1-4 06:36
Not up to date.

Here two screenshots to compare.

That's not Apple map, DJI is using HERE Map since the last update.
2017-1-5
Use props
BeamMeUpScotty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20446 ft
United States

RoadmasterD Posted at 2017-1-4 17:37
I suppose you could connect to a large external monitor and tape a transparency with grid lines to it while displaying the sat map below.  Then you could fly the grid lines like pilots used to do in the good ole days.  Just a thought, lol

Your right road master. The job i am close to picking up involves a photomosaic of almost a 1000 acres for a commercial real-estate company.  I need to buy more batteries and it is going to take me quite a lot of time even with the software.  I could have saved my self a few bucks and made my life a lot easier I guess.  I thought about the inspire 2 but did not want to have the bulk (weight) since I have to hike into this place every time to shoot.  So here is the sequence, hike, shoot, hike back out, recharge, hike back in, shoot, and hike back out.  2-3 shoots a day.  I'll be buff and an ace pilot by the time I do it your way.    

I am bidding the job with the cost of a down graded controller included.  Full swing cost on the mistake of going with the "+" is $300 plus $429 for a new controller.  another $800...I could have gone with the inspire 2 and been really buff(all those batteries would have killed me!)
2017-1-5
Use props
2Blades
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99908 ft
United States

Gil Posted at 2017-1-3 20:08
I'll second the nomination for an Android version!

I agree it needs to be ported to Android ALSO!  I'm still looking for a good drone but companies that lean more towards Apple makes me lose interest! {:4_142:}
2017-1-5
Use props
jetforce
lvl.3
Denmark

Ulysse Posted at 2017-1-4 05:49
Apple maps is used for DJI Go or DJI GS Pro

I?m not so sure any more.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=77885
2017-1-5
Use props
Advanced