Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
*New app from DJI: DJI GROUND STATION PRO*
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkySight Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Onedutch Posted at 2017-1-4 12:21
Can I reply? I'm unable to start a new thread, I have 17 points..
-Editted - Oops allready making mistakes, this thread is about the new Software, I'm searching the delete button..

?????????????????????????????/
2017-1-5
Use props
DroneMapper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6880 ft
United States

M Cubed Media Posted at 2017-1-4 23:21
Is there an Apple version of this software available please?

Hello,
Thanks for the message. I am sorry there is no Apple version of our free DJI mapping software available yet. We are a very small company and had to start somewhere for our first desktop product release and we are used to running/developing on Windows. We DO have plans to release an Apple version in the future Thank you, DroneMapper

RAPID for DJI (free Win10 mapping software) https://dronemapper.com/software_downloads/
2017-1-5
Use props
Sparky Flyer
lvl.1

United States

When will Android or even Iphone come out???? I would love either of those platforms!!!
2017-1-5
Use props
Dronie.dk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8077667 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

First Impressions (not a review) > DJI GROUND STATION PRO app

So DJI released and updated GS Pro app which enables you to create WayPoint Routes (without flying them first), Virtual Fence and 3D Map Area.
I have no practical use for "Virtual Fence" where you can setup an area in which the drone can not fly out off. 3D Map Area can be done better with other 3rd party apps for now, so I tested out the "WayPoint Route" today.
Here's my initial thoughts - Positive and Negative:
NEGATIVE:
1) UI: Very DJI'ish interface, meaning you don’t always know what a button will do, weird navigation system, small buttons in the advanced section, takes some trial and error to figure out. Some icons do nothing although they look like buttons,
2) Manual is presented on screen in a very small window that can not be made full screen?!?! Why, DJI. This is one of those DJI things where it's hard to believe they had anyone testing the app before release.
3) Video “Tutorials” are very simple with no extra explanation, tips or guidelines. Looks like they where made in a rush.
4) If you think you can plan a route away from your current location and find the flight area on map, and then select "New Mission” (both for Waypoint Route and 3D Map Area) - the app will move the map back to your current location, and you have to start over and find the flight area on the map again.
5) You can not sit at home and create a WayPoint Route/3D Map Area on the map - it always starts with current position as first WayPoint, so you’ll HAVE TO BE on the actual flight location to create a WayPoint Route. Once on location you can fly the Aircraft to a specific point and use that as first WayPoint, but it HAS to be there physically - No option to create the flight route at home beforehand. DJI Support claimed to have forwarded my request to be able to pre-plan a flight route, so let’s see if it’s implemented in a future version.
6) In "Virtual Fence" and "3D Map Area” mode - The Delete button for your waypoints only removes a SELECTED point. But in WayPoint Route, you can delete points one by one by repeatedly pressing the Delete button. Of course this is not be a big issue, but it shows the UI of the app is not well tested and lacking a uniform workflow - which is to be expected of any DJI product in general.
7) 3D Map: You can select Course Angle. You won’t know what it is until you find it in the manual, and after reading “The angle of the main path” you still might not be 100% sure what it does? At least I didn’t. Then you select the angle - and for some very odd reason 0% starts at EAST going round 360°. Where’s the logic in that, when the rest of the world uses NORTH for 0°? Maybe there’s a perfectly good reason for this that I'm not smart enough to figure out. But if you do, please let us know in the comments.
8) If Signal it lost, RTH can not be performed. Aircraft will finish mission and then RTH.
9) To adjust camera settings, you need to EXIT the GS PRO app, go into the GO app and adjust your camera settings, then go back into the GS PRO app. Also, it has to be in Manual mode (not Auto). Forcing users to leave the app controlling a drone in the air is just weird - especially when it's your own product - and potentially a risk.
10) GS PRO app had trouble recognizing my X5R with 12mm - I could not get it to accept "12mm" or "12" as input for the lens type.
11) If you have to fly in the cold battery temperature is very important - GS PRO does not provide batt. temp. info. Again, you'll have to exit the app, go into the GO app, and then back.
POSITIVE:
1) You can find settings for Metric/Imperial + Calibrate Compass (Not IMU), choose stick mode.
2) At the End of a mission you can choose between RTH/Hover/Land. Hover is set as default.
3) For Each (Way)Point you can: set the aircraft Heading + Rotation + Gimbal Pitch Angle (set with 1° interval)
- For Each Point you can "Create WayPoint Actions": Gimbal Pitch Rotation/Hover/Photo Capture/Start Recording/End Recording/Aircraft Rotation/Gimbal Pitch Rotation
3) You can save a WayPoint Action and "Copy to All WayPoints", "Copy to Preceding" or "Copy to Succeeding Points".
4) LAT/LONG easily selectable with high precision.
5) Speed/Altitude can be selected with high precision - it's not obvious, but press and hold M/S or Meters and you can select with +/- in 0.1 intervals for both.
6) Rename and Save Missions.
7) 3D Map: you can select Overlap percentage for Front/Side
8) If a mission is too long to be done on one battery, it can be resumed after a battery change - Again, DJI gives you absolutely no instructions on how to do this in the Manual. Come on DJI, you can do better.
9) Option to Pause/Resume a mission.
10) It's easy to select and change a WayPoint Route and change a flight route and you're not limited to flying in a square area.
Impressions:
Bit of a mess UI wise and instructions and ease of use could be much improved. Feels and acts like a v. 1.0 so there's hope it will improve. For setting up a simple WayPoint Route the app is great as you don't need to fly the route first. Just remember to set your camera settings first and hope they don't reset if you change batteries.

/T
www.dronie.dk
2017-1-5
Use props
Blackline
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5029167 ft
United States

Dronie.dk Posted at 2017-1-5 06:43

So DJI released and updated GS Pro app which enables you to create WayPoint Routes (without flying them first), Virtual Fence and 3D Map Area.

i was able to create a way point mission without being at location. or even connected to the drone. worked fine for me. i do not like not having curves and it stops at each way point, but i am sure the app will get better with updates.
2017-1-5
Use props
fansebf92ffe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107011 ft
Australia

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-1-4 11:06
It's being developed for the P4P+.

You also said, "We'll see if it's going to be developed for smaller devices, but I can't say yet."

So if it's being developed for the P4P+, will it work with the built-in 5.5" screen or will DJI finally allow us to hook up a secondary device through the USB port?

2017-1-5
Use props
dana5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14354 ft
United States

How about an Android version, for the 85% of users out there, instead of launching to ios, who make up less than 15%. What is the thinking here?
2017-1-5
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

dana5 Posted at 2017-1-5 07:45
How about an Android version, for the 85% of users out there, instead of launching to ios, who make up less than 15%. What is the thinking here?

If Android is so popular, why are many apps still released for iOS first?

"Developer concerns about costs and complexity

What? Developing iOS apps means ensuring they work nicely on a small range of iPhones and/or iPads: generally 6-8 different devices depending how far back the developer wants to go.

On Android, it's a different story: nearly 12,000 different devices out there in the hands of people, with a wider range of screen sizes, processors and versions of the Android software still in use."
2017-1-5
Use props
birdingbilly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 843369 ft
United Kingdom

dana5 Posted at 2017-1-5 07:45

And because nowhere near 85% of DJI flyers are using android
2017-1-5
Use props
ticktockdocker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5341 ft
United States

birdingbilly Posted at 2017-1-5 08:30
And because nowhere near 85% of DJI flyers are using android

"And because nowhere near 85% of DJI flyers are using android"
As if you had a clue as to the data on that.....
2017-1-5
Use props
fans23a97263
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25502 ft
United States

I was testing this with a friend yesterday, and not being able to set exposure or focus in the GS Pro app is a serious concern. What we found we had to do was hook up to transmitters, one to run GS Pro, the other to run DJI Go. The only thing we needed DJI Go for was to tap on the screen once at altitude to set focus. Those functions really need to be included in GS Pro. I really don't want to spend a couple hundred on a second transmitter just to set focus.

I think someone posted earlier that they launched with DJI Go, set the focus, exited that app, then opened GS Pro (while hovering) to launch the mission. Did I read that correctly? That sounds a bit dicey to me. Are there better solutions out there?

Also, add me to the Android crowd.  )
2017-1-5
Use props
Kala
lvl.1
Flight distance : 227621 ft

Spain

Hi there.. phantom 3 pro supported but no A2?. Will it be fixed?

Please...
2017-1-5
Use props
fanse370615d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150745 ft
United States

Not showing "Terrain Elevation" of waypoints in Mission Planner is a big mistake...
2017-1-5
Use props
webline
lvl.3
Flight distance : 402044 ft
  • >>>
Germany

thanks - nice app. I miss the POI feature - now I will have to guess the gimbal angle and that's not that easy.

And - no need for an Android version - I vote for more developers on the iOS side - give us more features and don't wast your time with the Java stuff!
2017-1-5
Use props
GoHoos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 828757 ft
United States

Took this out at lunch with my Mavic to give it a quick test.

I had a problem with focus.  Did a waypoint mission and the first couple of frames were not focused for some reason.  could be a fluke.

Waypoints worked as advertised.  It stops at each one, turns rapidly, then off to the next.  Not sure if settings can smooth this out.  From what I understand of Litchi, this app has some catching up to do.

3d map worked fine.  BUT...  I wasn't aware but there is a 99 waypoint limit.  Not sure if this is just the Mavic or not.  I tried to map the whole park and got a mission of about 25 minutes and 400 waypoints.  It wouldn't upload it.  I reduced the size to less than 99 and it did a good job.

Not a review, just some observations.
2017-1-5
Use props
Blackline
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5029167 ft
United States

GoHoos Posted at 2017-1-5 11:44
Took this out at lunch with my Mavic to give it a quick test.

I had a problem with focus.  Did a waypoint mission and the first couple of frames were not focused for some reason.  could be a fluke.

yeah there is a 99 way point limit from what i read. it will be cool when they start with updating the app with curves and poi, it does have a lot of catching up to do.
2017-1-5
Use props
Blade Breaker 0
lvl.1

United States

Agreed. The point of interest is the one thing this needs for sure. I am sure there will be many updates. I am guessing when releasing software like this its best to just get it out there and start making changes as needed.

I used to use an andriod phone for flying with many issues. Picked up and Ipad Mini2 a while back and would NEVER go back. I still have the android phone and use it as a wifi hotspot. So much better.

Great info Thanks!
2017-1-5
Use props
Surowest
New
Flight distance : 546545 ft
Spain

Very good and extended comments. Thank you a lot. I have just istalled the app.

By the way, I have just seen some minutes ago a screen photo of the GS Pro app showing in a central large window a warning about "Bettery Temperature too low, 13ºC" So, maybe there is that possibility of mesasuring battery temperature inside the app, eventhough not the manual nor the screen say anything about it.
2017-1-5
Use props
Surowest
New
Flight distance : 546545 ft
Spain

Your help appreciated:

After installing GS Pro app in my iPad mini yesterday night, I was notified the need to connect to internet prior to use the application in order to register it. I have not found how to do it, eventhough the iPad is already connected to Internet.
I have just now connected the iPad to the remote controller, launched the application and switched on my Phantom 4 without propellers at home. After some seconds negotiating a bunch os satellites (only six can be seen from my window) the app recognised the aircraft and the battery. Even it let my create a test mission around home and was ready to fly. But... If I enter within "usage" under "help" window, it repeats the need to connect first time to internet and register the app.
Does any of you know if that registration is needed to start flying? and how to achieve it?  Many thanks in advance
2017-1-5
Use props
birdingbilly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 843369 ft
United Kingdom

ticktockdocker Posted at 2017-1-5 09:44
"And because nowhere near 85% of DJI flyers are using android"
As if you had a clue as to the data on that.....

DJI are not fools, they know what products their customers use to fly their machines, if anything like 85% were using Andriod they would develop Android apps first but they don't so there you have it - plus it's easy to see from these forums what flyers are using and it certainly isn't 85% Android.
2017-1-5
Use props
Nevillejp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 703684 ft
New Zealand

Why have DJI not even made any comments as the weather they are even considering an Android version of GS Pro?
2017-1-5
Use props
fansebf92ffe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107011 ft
Australia

Nevillejp Posted at 2017-1-5 12:47
Why have DJI not even made any comments as the weather they are even considering an Android version of GS Pro?

If the App is being made available for the Phantom 4 Pro Plus, then it will be made available for Android as the Pro Plus integrated screen runs on Android.
2017-1-5
Use props
Mitel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50092 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-1-4 11:06
It's being developed for the P4P+.

That's great to hear, thank you
2017-1-5
Use props
CFGHvqwXJkJy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

2Blades Posted at 2017-1-5 05:03
I agree it needs to be ported to Android ALSO!  I'm still looking for a good drone but companies that lean more towards Apple makes me lose interest!

Its because Apple are very strict with how apps are developed and this actually makes it easier for developers to make apps for Apple devices compared to Android because they have specific guidelines to follow
2017-1-5
Use props
fansc07d99b8
lvl.1

United States

Will it be available for the 4 pro + considering that its a dji app?
2017-1-5
Use props
Nevillejp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 703684 ft
New Zealand

fansebf92ffe Posted at 2017-1-5 13:19
If the App is being made available for the Phantom 4 Pro Plus, then it will be made available for Android as the Pro Plus integrated screen runs on Android.

I realize that, what I was trying to say is  no DJI Rep on this forum has made any comment at all about an Android Version despite all questions about it, why?
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Nevillejp Posted at 2017-1-5 15:10
I realize that, what I was trying to say is  no DJI Rep on this forum has made any comment at all about an Android Version despite all questions about it, why?

While I don't know for certain, I believe since it will be coming to the P4P+ an Android version will be released as well.
2017-1-5
Use props
Schwavic
lvl.4

United States

jetforce Posted at 2017-1-4 06:11
Sorry, you are right.

But Apple Maps are as bad to, when it comes to sat map.

I've found Apple maps to be very up to date...
2017-1-5
Use props
FLYTAHITI
Flight distance : 10 ft
  • >>>
French Polynesia

i haven't found in the APP how to manage multiple battery mission. i was use to do this with MAP PILOT https://support.dronesmadeeasy.c ... 6-Map-Pilot-for-DJI
Any idea how to do?
2017-1-5
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DarkEnergy Posted at 2017-1-4 01:57
Installed and easily created several missions. Editing revisions are also easy. Would have a go with the Mavic as soon as its stops reining. I guess it  will be difficult to fly the Mavic with the RC connected to the iPad air.

You can get an ipad accessory for Mavic from AMAZON..

Also ran the app on Mavic and P4...Beautiful!!!
2017-1-5
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

EdM Posted at 2017-1-3 22:42
Has a manual been written for the app?   All I could find was a FAQ, and it really didn't answer many questions.

Click on the ...  and then click on HELP  and you will see the manual
2017-1-5
Use props
Gnomad
lvl.1
Flight distance : 173299849 ft
  • >>>
United States

StianGel Posted at 2017-1-4 01:03
Would like this for android as well.
I wonder how many users are om android vs apple.

Stian, probably the vast majority. Apple lost market share to Android ages ago and will never get it back. Just like their computers, they are a very small subset of the market and mainly a status symbol between fawnbois.
2017-1-5
Use props
M Cubed Media
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166476 ft
South Africa

DroneMapper Posted at 2017-1-5 06:16
Hello,
Thanks for the message. I am sorry there is no Apple version of our free DJI mapping software available yet. We are a very small company and had to start somewhere for our first desktop product release and we are used to running/developing on Windows. We DO have plans to release an Apple version in the future  Thank you, DroneMapper

Thansk for your reply back, please advise when an Apple version will be available.
2017-1-5
Use props
Langstonius
lvl.4
Flight distance : 218087 ft
  • >>>
United States

birdingbilly Posted at 2017-1-5 12:45
DJI are not fools, they know what products their customers use to fly their machines, if anything like 85% were using Andriod they would develop Android apps first but they don't so there you have it - plus it's easy to see from these forums what flyers are using and it certainly isn't 85% Android.

If only they had not just released a custom android platform. Its a bit sloppy to have a inhouse device and deliver to 3rd party device on a different OS first. the built in screen is 1 singular size on a platform and revision they control.

2017-1-5
Use props
fansbf724ec8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 424852 ft
Japan

I used it and successfully completed a 3D map mission... But how do you view it? Am I suppose to use a 3rd party software to combine the photos?

My observations.

The app must work independently of the DJI GO app. basically you can't switch between the two apps. Which ever you open when you first start is the one you have to work with. Just like going from DJI GO to LITCHI. Good luck trying to do the max 99 waypoints. spent 20 minutes and they never uploaded. 36 was the max I worked with. Was quick and autonomous. Was pleased.
2017-1-6
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Serbia

Android?   
2017-1-6
Use props
AlaskanTides
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

I gave it a try with my P4P today..... The 3D mapping feature is severely crippled with the 99 waypoint Limit..... pretty much ends the conversation right there when it comes to any serious survey work.

Hopefully they will get it fixed up with time... in the mean time the bird operated flawless with maps made easy. I was initially concerned about exposure and focus being outside the DJI Go 4 App......  but I was  Amazed at the the difference in picture quality compared to  my inspire 1 with the stock X3 or P3A.....

The biggest glitches will work themselves out over the coming months.... the bird was a lot of bang for the buck . Id do it again
2017-1-6
Use props
kiltedrunner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 484948 ft
Canada

Blackline Posted at 2017-1-5 07:02
i was able to create a way point mission without being at location. or even connected to the drone. worked fine for me. i do not like not having curves and it stops at each way point, but i am sure the app will get better with updates.

After I entered 5 points on the map and clicked on Start Mission the app showed that it was uploading the map - but after 5 minutes I thought it was hung up - so I shut it off.

How long did it take to upload the map to your drone?
2017-1-6
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

kiltedrunner Posted at 2017-1-6 08:18
After I entered 5 points on the map and clicked on Start Mission the app showed that it was uploading the map - but after 5 minutes I thought it was hung up - so I shut it off.

How long did it take to upload the map to your drone?

I tried it yesterday with my P3A and it took a couple of seconds to upload. Had about 10 waypoints marked.
2017-1-6
Use props
ticktockdocker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5341 ft
United States

birdingbilly Posted at 2017-1-5 12:45

I don't know why but it just irritates me when I hear ignorance speak. The fact of the matter is you have no idea  what the iOS/android split is among DJI customers. Could be 10-90, 30-70, 50-50. The fact that GS Pro came out on iOS first does NOT imply a larger iOS than android base. It does imply that, given the much more diverse group of android devices, developing an app to work well on android across all devices is a much more daunting task than developing the app just for the iPad.
2017-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules