*New app from DJI: DJI GROUND STATION PRO*
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Taxi329
lvl.2
Flight distance : 107953 ft
United States

SImple Question - the app looks great but does the camera mode engage only after starting to fly?  I can get everything to work except an image of what's coming through the camera?  What am I missing?
2017-1-9
Use props
Blackline
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5029167 ft
United States

Juan Charria Posted at 2017-1-7 10:29
You can configure each waypoint setting to stop or not

not that i have found, please explain?
2017-1-9
Use props
fschilder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102028 ft
  • >>>
Canada

flipside Posted at 2017-1-8 18:31
Can anyone with a knowledge of this and litchi say which one is best?  Do they both do exactly the same thing, or does each have some unique functionality.

Based on only two GSP flights so far (although I have entered a few more for future), I have to say Litchi is far better from an ease of use perspective. One very large difference in favor of Litchi is that they provide Mission Hub online which makes flight planning much MUCH easier than the iPad interface. I also find adjusting individual waypoints for speed, heading and gimbal angle much easier in LIitchi. The final biggie for me is that GSP does not appear to be logging these flights on the DJI servers just as Litchi flights are not logged (except on their own servers with a limit of 99 flights). I was really hoping a DJI app would log flights. That said, I like GSP's propogation function. Given this is GSP's first version, let's see what comes in later releases, but for now, I would be inclined to stay with Litchi.
2017-1-9
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't get camera transmission or gimbal operation either either, I am using Z15 GH4, what are you using?
2017-1-9
Use props
SkySight Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MAR Posted at 2017-1-9 03:35
Thanks DJI. I tested this app with my P4 toady and it's an excellent start.  If I may make some suggestions for professional use please.  The waypoint limit of 99 is too low for mapping. If the software uses a waypoint for each image then we are limited to 99 images per flight. For larger area high speed mapping at a 2 sec shot interval the P 4 can take over 400 images. And secondly if I may, I would like much more control over flight termination procedures.  Lost signal, low battery etc etc. I want to be able to control the bottom end of the flight in the flight planning stage please. Thank you :-)

If you use 3d map there is an unlimited number of waypoints and you can control the shot interval or distance.
2017-1-9
Use props
DHPotter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 224524 ft
Indonesia

Apple Maps was a total flop and why Apple brought back google maps. Had Apple for years both ipad and iphone, but when they brought out Apple Maps and dumped google it was such a fail they reversed it. I have never used Apple Maps since.
2017-1-9
Use props
fanscbf01c1e
lvl.1

Canada

It doesn't seem to be available in the Canadian app store....
2017-1-9
Use props
ZaneM
lvl.2

United States

Nige321 Posted at 2017-1-4 05:46
Exactly. Android may be higher by numbers, but I'd bet that theres an equal number if not more DJI products flown on iOS than Android...

It is not only that but keep in mind that there are so many different Android devices with different versions of the OS on them. They have to write the code and work the bugs out for those different versions of Android and devices as well.
2017-1-9
Use props
Blackline
lvl.2
United States

fanscbf01c1e Posted at 2017-1-9 13:02

did you search for dji gs pro?
2017-1-9
Use props
AgentEddie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25200 ft

Barbados

fanse370615d Posted at 2017-1-5 10:12
Not showing "Terrain Elevation" of waypoints in Mission Planner is a big mistake...

Agreed. but I think that feature is already included. In the app selecting a point and then each point then enabling altitude
2017-1-9
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

DHPotter Posted at 2017-1-9 11:37
Apple Maps was a total flop and why Apple brought back google maps. Had Apple for years both ipad and iphone, but when they brought out Apple Maps and dumped google it was such a fail they reversed it. I have never used Apple Maps since.

Huh? Apple is still using their own maps -- they never dumped and reverted back to Google. I love Apple maps and prefer it over the Google maps app.

Now there were many problems at launch, though my area (Washington DC metro area) wasn't one of the problem areas -- the one time I couldn't find my destination I switched to Google maps and also couldn't find the destination.
2017-1-9
Use props
Cornscot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 701207 ft
United Kingdom

DJI - will you please answer the question that has been asked several times about where are the flight logs? If GS Pro isn't recording them I am staying firmly with Litchi and auto upload to HD.
2017-1-10
Use props
spiderbot
lvl.4
United States

Great effort, DJI!  But please, Android!
2017-1-10
Use props
FlyPenguin [RS]
New
Flight distance : 4373 ft

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hi, I'm new to the forum, and I have a few questions.

I have DJI Mavic and I wonder whether the application "Litchi" is compact for fly with Mavic?

Do I lose warranty if you use Litchi app?

I have big problems with DJI GO apps on Android 6.0 (Huawei Mate 7) and 7.1 (Google Nexus 6P).
DJI GO application does not work at all, start and immediately close.
2017-1-10
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1153681 ft
United States

StianGel Posted at 2017-1-4 01:03
Would like this for android as well.
I wonder how many users are om android vs apple.

When I asked support about the Feature of Livestreaming on Facebook that they Clearly Advertised for the Phantom 4 Pro. and The Phantom 4 Pro +, Excited to get this new Product and livestream my new videos only to find out the Phantom 4 Pro Will Not Livestream on Facebook, With an ANDROID TABLET. When I brought this subject up to DJI Support, they blatantly told me to get an Ipad and that would fix my issue. Why should I BE FORCED TO USE IOS...When they Clearly Advertised that the Phantom 4 Pro and the Phantom 4 Pro + would both livestream Facebook! THAT IS FALSE ADVERTISING!! AND ILLEGAL IN THE UNITED STATES!.....
2017-1-10
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1153681 ft
United States

RoadmasterD Posted at 2017-1-3 17:58
Just downloaded, seems to be using the apple maps imagery. I was able to create a mission fairly easily.  I can't fly the mission because I have a P4P+ and can't connect to anything other than the built in screen.  I wish I had known that was going to be an issue.  Oh, well, one of these days.  It's ironic that not only can we not use 3rd party apps, we can't use DJI apps other than the special version of DJI Go4.  I'm sorry for the short rant.

WE SHOULD NOT BE FORCED TO USE IOS ONLY! AND BE MARRIED TO APPLE ONLY PRODUCTS!
2017-1-10
Use props
ImagesByJAS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft
United States

Like having a DJI App (as well as Litchi) - more options are always better.  Still "experimenting" and agree it's certainly promising as long as there are continued updates and support for existing craft.  The one thing I would like to see (if we can put in future upgrade requests) is an ability to get a tighter (more zoomed in) image of the maps.  Apple Maps must have done an update for our area (finally) as the image now has all the right cars in the driveway!!  :-)  When setting waypoints though, especially if it's a tightly constrained flight plan, being able to get in closer would be helpful.  This may be a function of the fact that Apple Maps is being used, but stated a desired update if possible.
2017-1-10
Use props
kiltedrunner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484948 ft
Canada

fanscbf01c1e Posted at 2017-1-9 13:02

You need to look it up on your ipad. It's not available for an iphone.
2017-1-10
Use props
DroneMapperGuy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4226 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone used GSP with the A3 and aftermarket cameras? Looking for feedback before I proceed.
2017-1-10
Use props
flipside
lvl.2

Spain

fschilder Posted at 2017-1-9 09:37
Based on only two GSP flights so far (although I have entered a few more for future), I have to say Litchi is far better from an ease of use perspective. One very large difference in favor of Litchi is that they provide Mission Hub online which makes flight planning much MUCH easier than the iPad interface. I also find adjusting individual waypoints for speed, heading and gimbal angle much easier in LIitchi. The final biggie for me is that GSP does not appear to be logging these flights on the DJI servers just as Litchi flights are not logged (except on their own servers with a limit of 99 flights). I was really hoping a DJI app would log flights. That said, I like GSP's propogation function. Given this is GSP's first version, let's see what comes in later releases, but for now, I would be inclined to stay with Litchi.

Thanks.  That's very helpful.
2017-1-10
Use props
nuts4drones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21946 ft
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-1-4 10:18
Phantom 4 Pro support coming soon. Already available on Phantom 4.

Can you define what "soon" means? Just really looking forward to using it on my I2
2017-1-10
Use props
Arvada
lvl.2
Flight distance : 398822 ft
United States

OK it says it works with mavic.  Anyone want to tell me how to stuff my iPad in those little handle clamps!?

2017-1-10
Use props
OAykut
New

Germany

fansf93ab83f Posted at 2017-1-3 20:25
Will be testing this. Beware I've had a look around the app. If you do missions DJI states it will continue regardless of battery power ETC. I hope they put an option to enable RTH if battery reaches a certain threshold. Also RTH is not default for missions you need to use advanced to enable RTH.
Will post my experiences with this app when I have a chance to fly whether permitting.

It looks like the developers put that into account. They at least provide us with an estimated flight time.
2017-1-11
Use props
Blackline
lvl.2
United States

Arvada Posted at 2017-1-10 20:01
OK it says it works with mavic.  Anyone want to tell me how to stuff my iPad in those little handle clamps!?

if it is a mini it will fit in there, on the larger iPad i have to just plug it in and set the iPad down on something while i hold the remote. unless you buy an after market tablet holder.
2017-1-11
Use props
Taxi329
lvl.2
Flight distance : 107953 ft
United States

SkySight Aerial Posted at 2017-1-9 09:51
I don't get camera transmission or gimbal operation either either, I am using Z15 GH4, what are you using?

I am using the same thing - not sure how to get camera view in the app itself still.
2017-1-11
Use props
tgm1175
lvl.1

United States

One thing i learned today in testing it, is that if your battery gets low (20%) while in the middle of the mission, the mavic will return to home automatically - at which point the app will give you the option to resume the route from the last waypoint automatically.

Another thing I noticed is if you accidentally hit the record button on the mavic controller while using the GS app in 3D mode, the mavic will stop taking photos and start recording a video. Very far from ideal, and I didn't realize it was doing this until it finished the 10 minute mission
2017-1-11
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any idea on the release date for the P4P
2017-1-12
Use props
clanofclash
New

Vietnam

How can I download apps on iphone devices 6s plus
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
clashofclans
2017-1-12
Use props
Blackline
lvl.2
United States

clanofclash Posted at 2017-1-12 04:41
How can I download apps on iphone devices 6s plus
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
clashofclans

DJI GS Pro is only available for ipads at this time.
2017-1-12
Use props
ThirstyHorde
lvl.2
Flight distance : 262047 ft
United States

I planned my first mission with the new app and plan on flying it today or this weekend.  A couple of improvements that I'd like to see are the ability to add cross flights to a single mission and the ability to modify the overlap by typing the numbers in lieu of using the sliders.  I'm sure I'll have more once I've flown the mission.
2017-1-12
Use props
Blackline
lvl.2
United States

ThirstyHorde Posted at 2017-1-12 07:48
I planned my first mission with the new app and plan on flying it today or this weekend.  A couple of improvements that I'd like to see are the ability to add cross flights to a single mission and the ability to modify the overlap by typing the numbers in lieu of using the sliders.  I'm sure I'll have more once I've flown the mission.

i noticed that yesterday when i was doing some way point tests, that it would be easier to type in the altitude and stuff instead of the slide bar. not sure what you mean by the cross flights though.
2017-1-12
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 616079 ft

South Africa

I tend to agree with some kind of keyboard input. My technician fingers cannot do what a jeweler's fingers can do. So some kind of pointer/mouse input to fine tune things would be appreciated. If DJI are pitching this at inspections, especially electrical infrastructure - flying with the X3 can be nerve wrecking near 400kV structures.
2017-1-12
Use props
ThirstyHorde
lvl.2
Flight distance : 262047 ft
United States

I got two mission flights in this afternoon.  I ran 80% overlap in both directions and set the camera to take photos based on spacing (not time).  The first flight went off without a hitch and the Mavic collected the data rather quickly.  The second mission was over the same area, but I made the flight lines 90 degrees to the first mission.  I ran the same parameters on this mission as well.  The Mavic did wonderful until it was on it's third flight line in which it didn't take any photos across the line.  It continued to the forth line and it again began to take photos without a problem all the way to the end.  Not sure why it skipped photos on the third line.  I post processed the photos with Pix4D software (15 day trial) and the orthomosaic turned out decent considering it wasn't using corrected GPS or ground control.  Definitely not a mapping solution, but could be used for a quick and dirty image.

2017-1-12
Use props
fans9f59870d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it me or is there absolutely no camera controls in this app? When flying way points the bird stops at every point. No good for video.  After flying today for about 2 hours with this app I have come to the conclusion that this is Beta software and really has no real world use. Since the PRO is in its title, I would have to say that is is far, far from it. Video review coming soon.

Houston
2017-1-12
Use props
JockC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

fans9f59870d Posted at 2017-1-12 19:13
When flying way points the bird stops at every point. No good for video.  

Houston

I agree with you on that point. The abrupt stops at each waypoint are certainly an annoyance, especially when it's a acute turn. I prefer the options in Litchi where you can even smooth out the turns if you choose to do so.
It's great that DJI have released this app but, like you, I believe it's in it's early stages of development and needs more work. Hopefully, the smoothing of waypoint turns will be available in future releases. Until then, I'll continue to use Litchi which has served me well for programmed flights.
2017-1-12
Use props
Blackline
lvl.2
United States

there was an update yesterday for the app. so i am sure it will continue getting better and better. hopefully the updates keep rolling out for it, and improve.
2017-1-13
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Thanks for your input, everyone. It's not released as a beta, but your input is very helpful for further development.
2017-1-13
Use props
fans9f59870d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you guys are intereted, I did a full review of the GS Pro app (V1.01). I realize that DJI says it is not beta, but if it acts like a duck and walks like a duck.....

Looking forward to version 2.0.

2017-1-14
Use props
WillyMe
lvl.1

Spain

@if it is a mini it will fit in there, on the larger iPad i have to just plug it in and set the iPad down on something while i hold the remote. unless you buy an after market tablet holder.

Plugging the USB-to-lightning in the lower USB port of the R/C, I have not had a camera image. Any suggestion?
The direct (short!!) lightning cable was missing, but DJI service/support very helpful.
MAIN ISSUE: with the regular USB-to-lightning cable, should I be getting a Mavic camera image "instantly"?
2017-1-16
Use props
Blackline
lvl.2
United States

WillyMe Posted at 2017-1-16 10:51
@if it is a mini it will fit in there, on the larger iPad i have to just plug it in and set the iPad down on something while i hold the remote. unless you buy an after market tablet holder.

Plugging the USB-to-lightning in the lower USB port of the R/C, I have not had a camera image. Any suggestion?

yes you should see image, make sure the short cable is unplugged or it will not work. they both cannot be plugged in at the same time.  so if using usb port on remote unplug the other. hope this helps.
2017-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules