crash - worth recovering?
1334 5 2015-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jason
lvl.1

United States

AAhhhhhhh I was getting such an amazing shot... got a little caught up it it and lost signal.   Followed the GPS and amazingly found it... at the top of a pine tree on someone's property.  The camera and gimbal ripped off and fell - I recovered that part.  The rest of the inspire is still in the tree and I'm going to have to hire a tree trimming co or someone with a bucket truck to get it out.  

So my question is - if I know part of it is broken (gimbal) is there any point in getting the rest of it (obviously the battery will be helpful to have).  Is DJI going to sell the camera/gimbal or will they make those kinds of repairs?

thank you!!

2015-2-14
Use props
Jimmy07r1.gmail
lvl.1
United States

If I knew where it is there no way in hell in wouldn't recover a 3000 dollar piece of equipment. Recover it, take note of damages and contact dji about sending it in for repair.

At least that's what I would do.
2015-2-14
Use props
jason
lvl.1

United States

Yeah, I definitely wanna get it, but the woman who owns the property is really worried about liability.  Ugh.  
2015-2-14
Use props
Jimmy07r1.gmail
lvl.1
United States

Just write up a waiver stating that you absorb all injuries and damage to property and release the homeowner from any responsibility. Have it notarized. I'd think she'd be ok with that. Also let her know how bad it would be if she won't let you recover it and it falls out of the tree and lands on somebody.

Good luck man.
2015-2-14
Use props
Muscadel
lvl.3

South Africa

Oh for F Fakes,..... only in America

Go get your bird, my man... all the parts are listed separately on some sites already, from shells to legs and arms...
You'll be able to rebuild your puppy in no time at minimal cost
2015-2-14
Use props
Jimmy07r1.gmail
lvl.1
United States

Calm down man. Only in America is right, where you can thank greedy, low life scumbags that people have agreed to let them on their property, that person gets injured and they sue the property owner.

Also, no way in hell would i, if it's legitimately damaged fix it myself to where it definitely voids the warranty To save a few bucks on a new $3,000 piece.  It's worth the hassle and possible headaches of sending it in to have a person dji sees fit to repair it.

Sheesh.
2015-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules