Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iPhone 6s Plus shutting down
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
France

Hi all

Not had this experience before. My fully charged iPhone 6s Plus kept on shutting down on me during flight. It's my first flight since the app updates. So it's been quite a while. It's never done this before. It just turned off. It restarted ok with the power on button started the DJI app again and connected ok but then shut down gain. This time it showed the red battery low screen but it turned on again no problem and once on showed that the battery was indeed full. I started the app all connected ok and then the iPhone turned off yet again... this is weird behaviour that I haven't experienced before. All this happened while in the air 120m high and 1000m away and until the P3P returned, as I initiated rth when this started happening. It is very cold here -1 degrees C but nothing artic. I haven't updated the RC or P3P due to reading so many complaints about the v1.10 with esc troubles. I'm in v1.08

Any ideas? Should I risk do the RC and P3P update ?

Any help,appreciated

Cheers

Bhu
2017-1-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

May I know what the iOS system for your iPhone?
We've released a new version for iOS, please delete it and install the latest one, then check again.
2017-1-5
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
France

It's the latest version of iOS 10.2 . I will do as you suggest and see what happens then.

Thanks for the speedy reply and assistance

Best wishes

Bhu
2017-1-5
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
France

OK DJI Natalia I did as you said and have flown 2 batteries through my p3p with no issues so thank you

On another note do you recommend that I update the p3p to the 1.10 firmware as there is updates for the camera and rc as well? im on 1.08 currently with the latest app running.

Cheers

Bhu
2017-1-5
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look at this

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6s-unexpectedshutdown/
2017-1-5
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
France

That's for the 6s though. Mine is a 6s Plus. I tested my serial anyways and it says it's not eligible. Also it's only done it during use with my P3P and the go app and since reinstalling the app it's gone away. So far ... ;) thanks for the link though it's interesting and food for thought if it happens again.
2017-1-5
Use props
fans5e0b0b87
lvl.1
Flight distance : 468740 ft
Germany

Did you use the original iPhone cable?
I had some total reboots during flights on my iPhone 6+ in DJI Go as well as with Litchi using a shorter cable.
Connecting my good old original cable, never had this problem again.
2017-1-5
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
France

fans5e0b0b87 Posted at 2017-1-5 11:12
Did you use the original iPhone cable?
I had some total reboots during flights on my iPhone 6+ in DJI Go as well as with Litchi using a shorter cable.
Connecting my good old original cable, never had this problem again.

Yes original cable. All ok since deleting the app and re-installing from the App Store
2017-1-5
Use props
CCrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

Bhujang Posted at 2017-1-5 10:03
That's for the 6s though. Mine is a 6s Plus. I tested my serial anyways and it says it's not eligible. Also it's only done it during use with my P3P and the go app and since reinstalling the app it's gone away. So far ... ;) thanks for the link though it's interesting and food for thought if it happens again.

If you look at most of the Apple forums it's a well known fact that all the S's have issues, Apple has only owned up to a certain serial range so far.
2017-1-6
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
France

CCrew Posted at 2017-1-6 00:03
If you look at most of the Apple forums it's a well known fact that all the S's have issues, Apple has only owned up to a certain serial range so far.

well that's bad news if mine is one of them. So far so good and it hasn't done it since or before and I've had it nearly 2 years now.
2017-1-6
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the 6s Plus and have not noticed any problems with it as yet, I've had it about 15 months now.
2017-1-6
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
France

It may have been a glitch in the app then as so far it has been working fine since doing as the DJI Natalia suggested.
2017-1-6
Use props
jrm11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 224577 ft
United States

Not sure if you are having the same issue as me... I have a 6+ (not an S version). With 100% charge, my phone will show 0% battery and shut down after 5-10 minutes of exposure to the cold. Phone is completely dead. After warming up (or plugging in a charger). phone will power up and show between 95 and 100% charge.

This issue is not (in my case) related to DJI soft/hardware. It seems to be a common issue related to the battery. It only comes up for me while using DJI products, because that is the only time I have my phone naked and in the cold for more than a few minutes. Even when making a phone call outside, my hand holding the phone can keep it warm enough to operate. When sitting in an Osmo, for example, there is nothing to keep it warm and the phone gets cold fast.

I have read about many others with this same cold related problem. It sounds like you may be experiencing a similar issue. I decided to make an appointment at the "Genius Bar" - hopefully they will do something for me. This issue makes it impossible for me to use my phone for outdoor related activities throughout the winter. You mention -1C... this has become an issue for me with anything below 40F.
2017-1-6
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
France

Yes I did think about the cold issue as it was -2 degrees C . It's -7 here today so will try today and see if the fix still works ;)
2017-1-6
Use props
jrm11
lvl.3
United States

FWIW, I did take my phone to an Apple Store yesterday. They have software that allows them to run a diagnostic on the battery. Mine showed up in the "yellow" zone (green is healthy). However, it only showed 266 cycles, while the lifespan of the battery is over 500. There was also some battery data that could not be read, indicating a potential software issue inside the phone.

I am past the AppleCare warranty, so it would cost me $79USD to replace the battery. If I still had AppleCare, they would have replaced it without charge.

Instead, we did a hard-reset of the battery (this is something you can do on your own, without visiting an Apple Store). I am told this could fix the situation. I am going to test today - if I still have the issue I will get the battery replaced next week.

You may want to look up how to do a hard reset of the phone and try that (make sure to back up everything first). If that doesn't help, get to an Apple Store and have them run a diagnostic on the battery. Both options cost you nothing, so you have nothing to lose. If the battery is bad and you are still under warranty (which you would be with a 6s and AppleCare) the fix is also free.
You could also try using the phone inside with and without the DJI software (you can power up, but don't launch your Phantom). See if the temp makes a difference (I suspect it would).

2017-1-8
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
France

jrm11 Posted at 2017-1-8 08:06
FWIW, I did take my phone to an Apple Store yesterday. They have software that allows them to run a diagnostic on the battery. Mine showed up in the "yellow" zone (green is healthy). However, it only showed 266 cycles, while the lifespan of the battery is over 500. There was also some battery data that could not be read, indicating a potential software issue inside the phone.

I am past the AppleCare warranty, so it would cost me $79USD to replace the battery. If I still had AppleCare, they would have replaced it without charge.

well today i used the phone  ouside it was 0 degrees C. guess what it turned off saying zero battery when it was 50% charged. I came indoors and it started again showing the 50% charge, so i contacted live chat support on the apple website and they ran a diognostic test over the web. They said that the battery was fine and offered no further support saying i had to visit a store and to repair would cost $399 as its out of warranty. I was really dissapointed. There is clearly a fault at hand as many have it. So I will try a restore and hope that fixes it.
2017-1-8
Use props
jrm11
lvl.3
United States

Bhujang Posted at 2017-1-8 11:05
well today i used the phone  ouside it was 0 degrees C. guess what it turned off saying zero battery when it was 50% charged. I came indoors and it started again showing the 50% charge, so i contacted live chat support on the apple website and they ran a diognostic test over the web. They said that the battery was fine and offered no further support saying i had to visit a store and to repair would cost $399 as its out of warranty. I was really dissapointed. There is clearly a fault at hand as many have it. So I will try a restore and hope that fixes it.

Hopefully a reset will help you out. It didn't work for me. I'm debating getting a new battery or just waiting it out until the warmer weather (planned to upgrade my phone in 2017 anyway).

I would definitely go to an Apple Store. They can give you more info on the battery. "Fine" could mean different things. You could be "fine" in the green zone, but still have too many cycles.

My daughter's phone is having battery problems. They won't replace it under warranty, but it is on the cusp of not being "fine." She has about double the lifespan cycles, but the diagnostic still shows "green." They said to come back in  a month, since it will almost certainly be in the "yellow" and they can replace the battery under warranty (no cost). The point is that right now, it is technically "fine" although the "genius" acknowledged the battery is likely to have problems in its current state.

Also, the $399 charge does not seem right. That might be for a whole phone replacement. I was quoted $79 to replace just the battery (on a 6+). I can't see a different region having such a price difference.
2017-1-9
Use props
fans1216a889
lvl.1
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2017-1-6 03:56
I have the 6s Plus and have not noticed any problems with it as yet, I've had it about 15 months now.

when i connect my 6s plus i lose my wifi so i had to use my wifes samsung to register , it has been to cold here in new brunswick canada for me to fly yet i hope i don't have problems
2017-1-10
Use props
Ezreal
lvl.2

United States

Maybe there exist some bugs with your iPhone system or the app. You can try iOS system recovery tool before you risk updating RC and P3P. I have used Joyoshare UltFix. It can solve some iOS system issues without data loss. Hope it can solve your problem.
2019-7-14
Use props
blackshady
lvl.2

If it's the update or some  iOS glitches, I recommend you to use TunesKit iOS System Recovery.The reason is that it can do a complete restore so that you don't have to spend time and efforts identifying the problem. Plus, the restore will do no harm to your personal data on the phone.
However, it can also be hardware problem.
It can be that your battery is broke. Or the temperature is  just too low that the iPhonw shut down.
Hope it helps.
2019-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules