Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

https://luminous-landscape.com/hasselblad-acquired-dji/

Really?
If true I don't imagine consumer drones flying around with mediumformat cameras (which Haselblad is mostly known for). But it could mean more focus on camera quality and options in the future. If there's anything true in this rumour of course ;-)

2017-1-5
Use props
fanse0bebfec
New

Canada

from Hasselblad's website: Hasselblad and DJI have combined force...

http://www.hasselblad.com/special-applications/a5d-m600-bundle
There's at least one project they are collaborating on.

"Hasselblad and DJI have combined forces to create a fully integrated and optimised aerial solution with the A5D-50c Aerial camera and the Matrice 600 flying platform.
Available with the 50 megapixel CMOS sensor and modified HC 3,5/50mm-II lens (with the focus locked on infinity), the A5D combines the world’s best optics and sensors with a modern, compact design, resulting in a system that will ensure that you attain the highest possible image quality. Hasselblad aerial cameras provide a range of important features that help to deliver your imaging requirements.
The Matrice 600 (M600) is DJI’s new flying platform designed for professional aerial photography and industrial applications. It is built to closely integrate with a host of powerful DJI technologies, including the A3 flight controller, Lightbridge 2 transmission system, Intelligent Batteries and Battery Management system, for maximum performance and quick setup."

2017-1-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Think it would be a big step forward for drone photography, wait and see.
2017-1-5
Use props
Frits48
Second Officer
Flight distance : 155961 ft
Canada

As a long-time photographer, having owned both film and digital back Hasselblads and now a happy Mavic owner, I find this to be quite the story - WOW!!
2017-1-5
Use props
tivoboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9984 ft
United States

I am nearly 100% certain that DJI will not be buying Hassleblad.  This is the year of Brexit and a Trump presidency, but I wouldn't be on this one.

Investment, sure. outright purchase - magic 8 ball says no
2017-1-6
Use props
fans35ba6f62
lvl.1

Georgia

tivoboy Posted at 2017-1-6 09:11
I am nearly 100% certain that DJI will not be buying Hassleblad.  This is the year of Brexit and a Trump presidency, but I wouldn't be on this one.

Investment, sure. outright purchase - magic 8 ball says no

Who does manufacture current MAVIC camera?

2017-1-6
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

fans35ba6f62 Posted at 2017-1-6 09:32
Who does manufacture current MAVIC camera?

I believe Sony do.
2017-1-6
Use props
StigNygaard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357169 ft
Denmark

We know it's a Sony sensor (IMX377).
2017-1-6
Use props
M Cubed Media
lvl.2
Flight distance : 166476 ft
South Africa

Love it, I used to shoot on Hassleblads many years ago, just love the advancement in technology !
2017-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules