Zenmuse X5 Repair Parts research
3877 5 2017-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans30ed1cf6
lvl.2

France

Good afternoon,

may i ask the admins of the website to let me know if there is a contact at DJI so i could buy spare parts to repair X5 cameras ?

There are several " weak" spots on the gimbal, hopefuly as they act as fuses to protect the camera itself, but there are no parts available ( except some aftermarket parts for which i would not really like to go for in most cases...). Same for the Inspire 1, there is a slight desigh flaw in the landing gears retract system,  one part has a wrong design and it can get bend after some time and lead to full retract system failure. A complete system "down" for just a maybe 15 usd part that can not be found anywhere...
Most are small parts, easy to replace ( when you have a bit of experience) but unfortunatly it is impossible to find them anywhere.

The parts i need are :

X5 flat ribbons
X5 Yaw motor magnesium support + Arm
X5 magnesium Roll motor support
X5 pitch arm ( the small one)
Inspire Worm screw + plastic housing + more important, the aluminum+brass insert fork

All motors, encoders including the magnets and shafts are in perfect conditions, camera is in perfect condition also.

Machine and gimbal are out of warranty anyway, but with some labour and the right parts it will fly again perfectly.

To note that the aluminum pins in the battery holder ( the pins with the vibration absorbers around) bend very easy on their base which has a very small diameter, but can be put back straight with a simple steel tube and a marble square surface.

Thank you very much in advance for any useful information,

Fabien ( E-Copter, France)

2017-1-5
Use props
fans30ed1cf6
lvl.2

France

Up for DJI Please.. I can unfortunatly note there is absoutly no support (((
2017-1-8
Use props
fans8905bd1d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2602559 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Hi. I hawe the same problem.  So I wonder have you find any parts.  I have search the Internet for a couple of days. But no god. Give a post if you find any place to buy to spare parts. Please :-)
2017-7-4
Use props
E-Copter
lvl.2

France

fans8905bd1d Posted at 2017-7-4 01:33
Hi. I hawe the same problem.  So I wonder have you find any parts.  I have search the Internet for a couple of days. But no god. Give a post if you find any place to buy to spare parts. Please :-)

HI,

i could not find the parts i wanted, but it seems that at DJI Repair centers, they quote a fair price for repairing the unit..
I will send mine in parts with my beautifullest writing and see what is quoted )))
Best regards,
Fabien
2017-7-10
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed, my yaw motor has actually developed some "play" in the X ~ Y axis and replacement parts would be useful compared to being out of service for months while sending it across the world.
2017-10-31
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

$300~500 isn't exactly fair pricing for something a somewhat tech savvy person could fix for ~ $50 and time invested.
If you can't readily fix these units and loose money because of repair time cost (shipping alone is ridiculous) and time out of service, one must ask themselves if they went the right route in their purchase decision in the first place.
2017-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules