Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Max Altitude?
2826 10 2015-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
msjh
lvl.3

United Kingdom

The specs say 4500m.

I'd be interested to know how accurate this is.  I will be hiking in the mountains later this year at 5,000+ metres and would love to be able to record it with the Inspire.
2015-2-15
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

Goodness mate where are you going?

Since there is more to altitude density than altitude I’d guess performance is going to be variable depending on current conditions.

If you want to get downright nerdy about it -- even for tests at much lower but relatively high altitudes -- a weather meter/ballistics calculator combination like the ones made by Kestrel could help you out.  They are awesome. They certainly cost less than the Inspire does.    You could measure how long your battery lasts and how responsive the Inspire is at various density/pressure altitudes and conditions.

Someone who has launched from these altitudes you are talking about may tell you that the differences in performance and efficiency you can expect when you pass the recommended maximum would be gradual.  

PS: Wherever you are going get us some video too

Dan
2015-2-15
Use props
msjh
lvl.3

United Kingdom

The Andes.

I used to fly microlights so I'm aware that altitude is affected by weather.  Just wondering whether the 4500m is an actual tested figure or nominal.  I'd rather not hump a few kilos of Inspire and battery up a huge mountain in thin air for nothing.
2015-2-15
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

That's going to be great if you manage to take it with you.  Hope you get a definitive answer.
2015-2-15
Use props
michael-dicker.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5134951 ft
Germany

My unqualified guess is: Its just a general spec in what conditions the inspire should be used.
2015-2-16
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

It will definitely fly.  
2015-2-16
Use props
msjh
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Chris Con Posted at 2015-2-17 05:08
It will definitely fly.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36zaPVdvzQs

That is *lovely* !!!   Thank you.
2015-2-16
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

That number is not above sea level, it is above ground level. Using your numbers you could go 4500 meters above the 5,000. Although here in the States you should not go over 121m. Obviously you are not going anywhere in the US. You may want to check with the locals where you are going. Going the max you could lose your Inspire at the least or at the max bring down a jet airplane. A goose can do it, I am sure a Drone certainly will. Be safe!
2015-2-16
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Max recomended take off altitude is about 10,000 feet above sea level . Max allowed altitude above your take off area remaines @ about 400 feet .
2015-2-16
Use props
msjh
lvl.3

United Kingdom

All I want to do is fly about 50' above me and friends at the top of a large mountain.  I don't expect there will be any airliners that close to the ground  in a mountain range ...
2015-2-17
Use props
lucaoms
lvl.3
Flight distance : 599049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hy guys , next year I'll go to the moon , and I like be able to use my inspire
Nobody has this  experience?
Sorry but walking abot 5000mt sea level , my last think it's to have 3kg ,and casey to take, in my walk with little oxygen and in the snow..
I think there are loss of 30 mountain +5000 mt in world....
2015-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules