Crash first min, max height of 3 feet.
1255 6 2017-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdc3a1957
lvl.1

United States

Waited patiently for over 2 months.  Updated firware.  Camera seemed blurry so I did a takeoff to see it it changed, it didnt so i went to land it and wait till this weekend to take it out.  It veerrd 4 feet to the right at a height of 3 feet hit the wall.  Now i have a gimble overload error.  Just like this one in the video, it moves, it rotates and i have video still blurry as before the crash.  Propellers have scrapes body is flawless it hit some plush carpet.  Will a calibration issue cause this or just send it on and bite the bullet, hate to use my 1st care plan for a minute of use, how much is a gimble if thats the issue?

2017-1-5
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

If it's DJI Care Refresh:

http://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh

I believe it's a flat $99 the first time.

2017-1-5
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The OP probably means DJI Care Refresh as you cant buy DJI Care for the Mavic.

First flight really needs to be in a wide open space.
2017-1-5
Use props
fansdc3a1957
lvl.1

United States

Your right on the wide open space, camera was blurry just wanted to see if was a defective unit, I should have set it on the table and watched it.  I used auto takeoff.  It moved around about a foot hovering side to side was very nervous after that.  Gimbal moves it came out of the clip above but the rubber bands never broke and the gimble never got hit.
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about the issue, may I know have you contacted our tech support to report this?
If no, you can submit here for a repair case and apply for pickup: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
Our engineers will evaluate it after receiving your unit and send you an invoice before getting it repaired.
2017-1-6
Use props
John94si
lvl.1
Flight distance : 261312 ft
United States

Bet it was atti mode and not satellite locked yet. It's takes a few minutes while idling
2017-1-6
Use props
fansdc3a1957
lvl.1

United States

John94si Posted at 2017-1-6 16:54
Bet it was atti mode and not satellite locked yet. It's takes a few minutes while idling

You might be right, just been reading lots of issues about the update.  Ribbons look fine video still blurry as what it was out of the box.  It's got to be something minor.  Since the gimbals are the weak link on this unit I wish they were easily removable.  Saw a YouTube video of a guy had a major crash broke the gimbal mount, it was hanging from the unit made his own mount and it works great.  It will more than likely be boxed up and sent in Monday.  It's been very cold here and windy to think about a outside flight.  The tech, the range in these new drones coming out is amazing for the price.
2017-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules