Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
When new firmware update??
1479 9 2017-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Armando AM
lvl.2
Aruba

Hey guys, I was wondering when the new firmware update is coming out.

I have this gimbal problem which I first thought was a mechanical issue but it seems more like a firmware problem.
The error says gimbal movement limit reached.
I went to the store where I bought it and they let me test out a brand new one. Well guess what, the same problem occured.
After every calibration you can possibly think of it didnt solutionize the problem.
I wrote a few posts about this, but no luck with a clear answer.
The problem is(typing again..) when you fly with your right side of the drone against some wind(not much) it will flip.
IN P MODE AND NOT SPORT MODE.
So if this happens during p mode, there must be something wrong with the firmware or...a design flaw.
My old p3p doestn do this and my friends p4 standard neither.

So if any of you can try fying with your rightside against the wind, tell me what happens. You need to be atleast about 70 meters up.

Hope someone reaches out because I love the p4p but if this issue remains I will send it back.

Regrds,

Armando
2017-1-5
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

i too have the gimbal limit issue i also have the high wind velocity and just the other day in a7-10mph wind i almost flipped twice, a third happened to almost flip but i was putting it through its paces trying to replicate it twice on right side third on its left side
2017-1-5
Use props
swk
lvl.2
United States

Me too have P4P have had it up 5 or 6 times noticed same thing have had the gimble limit and max out on the 90 down to the rear of the bird
2017-1-5
Use props
Armando AM
lvl.2
Aruba

I'm hoping that dji will fix this in an update of the firmware. Since it only happens on the right side in  P mode
2017-1-5
Use props
Con Seannery
lvl.1

United States

Don't count on a firmware update soon. They won't even acknowledge the high wind warning over-sensitivity even though they have been provided
logs, screenshots, and complaints.
2017-1-5
Use props
bluemarley67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

con how do you know they haven't acknowledged this do you work for their company? doubtful. if there is a problem they are looking into it its not magic there is a lot of work going into these drones. seriously people need to take a chill pill calm down and let dji do their job.
2017-1-6
Use props
Con Seannery
lvl.1

United States

Bluemarley- if you read the posts, you'll se DJI employees basically denying the wind issue exists and asking for the same things already provided to them.
2017-1-6
Use props
Ipecactus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25489 ft
United States

Didn't someone solve this by downgrading the firmware?
2017-1-7
Use props
Armando AM
lvl.2
Aruba

Ipecactus Posted at 2017-1-7 19:24
Didn't someone solve this by downgrading the firmware?

I havent done this yet because im afraid my drone will fly away and lose warranty
2017-1-7
Use props
Darrendirl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 822021 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Armando AM Posted at 2017-1-7 19:34
I havent done this yet because im afraid my drone will fly away and lose warranty

Drones rarely just "Fly away". Maybe I've just been lucky with my P2, P3P and P4  and the 100s of flights I've done!
2017-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules